LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

At last the annoying "No signal" message on wall paper can be switched off with current firmware..

If anyone did not notice, just press red button on the wall paper and the message goes away leaving the beautiful framed wallpaper look.

Not sure of earlier models, this is for 55/65 CX.

Guys need help, i'm not getting much response on my home theater thread, so here is the current low down

Guys can i easily connect a logitech Z625 or Z906 via optical to LG C1, after reading this reply i feel bit worried as this will be my first rodeo with a Home theater system. And my max budget is the price of Z906. That too is pushing my budget.
I think it is mini toslink optical that doubles as a 3.5 mm stereo out (analog)
Please read up the manual before trying anything that can potentially damage the socket.
Cheers,
Raghu

Yes lionsgate logo is big and follows annoyingly. Logo luminescence I have a feel works as Disney hotstar has a diminished faded watermark as a result of it. Also the only times I have had image retention issues are in some YouTube channels where they scribble in white marker. Those things fade away in a matter of seconds. Are they image retention or an optical phenomenon I don't know. But I strongly believe if you do not power off before the cycle of pixel refreshing takes place, your OLED is good. If not followed that's only when your diodes and pixels are going to become weak. If pixel refreshing is completed any adjunct AVR devices like in my case HTRT3 will go into sleep after a few minutes from remote switching off (your firestick or magic remote). Keep it 15 minutes as a thumb rule.
Succumbed and subscribed to it inside the prime app.
What a library boss! Almost every movie I used to think I need to sideload (for lack of a better word, but you know what I mean) is there!

1. 699 a year. Good today, but T&C clearly says 'full price' after one year, without saying what it is.
2. The logo is, mercifully not there.
3. Encoding is superb.
Worth it for movie watchers who are not finding a certain few titles anywhere else..

I got my LG C1 delivered yesterday on saturday but the LG guy did not give me the 3 year warranty card that LG is offering right now to which i am eligible to. What kind of card does LG Give i am thinking of registering a complain.

Succumbed and subscribed to it inside the prime app.
What a library boss! Almost every movie I used to think I need to sideload (for lack of a better word, but you know what I mean) is there!

1. 699 a year. Good today, but T&C clearly says 'full price' after one year, without saying what it is.
2. The logo is, mercifully not there.
3. Encoding is superb.
Worth it for movie watchers who are not finding a certain few titles anywhere else..
Does it have 5.1 audio.

I got my LG C1 delivered yesterday on saturday but the LG guy did not give me the 3 year warranty card that LG is offering right now to which i am eligible to. What kind of card does LG Give i am thinking of registering a complain.
They don't. Warranty card (a piece of paper) is in the box which mentions a 1 year warranty. It really doesn't mean anything though. The warranty is in a database in LG, but not directly linked to the serial number. They have a table which they lookup according to the purchase date when you call the toll-free number.

Can any C1 owners please check their backpanel , I have the OLED55C1PTZ , a fellow forum member pointed out that the backpanel (with the yellow AV port ) matches the CX - rather than the C1

My BackPanel
backpanel.jpeg

The C1 backpanels on the internet
1635080272111.png

Not sure if I should be fretting over this , But considering these are assembled in India , just considering if they stuck a LG C1 sticker on a CX TV :eek::eek:

Can any C1 owners please check their backpanel , I have the OLED55C1PTZ , a fellow forum member pointed out that the backpanel (with the yellow AV port ) matches the CX - rather than the C1

My BackPanel
View attachment 63357

View attachment 63358

Not sure if I should be fretting over this , But considering these are assembled in India , just considering if they stuck a LG C1 sticker on a CX TV :eek::eek:

Don't fret a lot, Avik. It could also be old colour code parts for a new genuine C1, since like as you said they are assembling in India.

You should be able to find your device model number in master settings...
Regards

My BackPanel
View attachment 63357

View attachment 63358

Check PM replied,

Also my personal query which i posted in home theater thread but posting here for better viewers

Btw i had bought this cable last year will this work with our desi C1 optical port ? Should i get the CL3 rated version instead ?

My BackPanel
View attachment 63357

View attachment 63358

I'll post my PM reply here also in case any new users face this problem, feel free to make it sticky if you find it helpful

For the back panel i see why you are worried, on RTINGs they show C1 without yellow AV port, yet here we have the port, i too had a discussion about it with the installers, but upon turning the TV on and checking the following things i feel that i did get the C1 instead of CX.

- Check home UI it's unique for all yearly models, the newer one is shit clustered on C1.
- I have gaming consoles so after turning those on, in picture modes i get game optimizer mode [C1 Specific] instead of [HDR Mode CX specific]
- I get the new game settings menu which C1 has instead of none on the CX.

I'll post my PM reply here also in case any new users face this problem, feel free to make it sticky if you find it helpful
Yes Digit India have reviewed the C1 and they too have this back panel ..lol . Mental peace unlocked :p

Also googled the OLED model naming convention for LG and found the following info which fits with what LG is selling here
1635496561755.png

LG CX / C1 owners , looking for pointers to which cleaning cloth to use for the OLED screen .

I have an spare pack of - 3M Microfiber Cloth with me , is this good for use with TV ; I had got this for the car but never got around to cleaning anything.

LG CX / C1 owners , looking for pointers to which cleaning cloth to use for the OLED screen .

I have an spare pack of - 3M Microfiber Cloth with me , is this good for use with TV ; I had got this for the car but never got around to cleaning anything.

Well I am not a cx or c1 owner and I clean my c9 screen with old jockey inner wear. It’s extremely soft and absorbs the dust easily.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back