LG India launches India's 1st Full LED LCD TV - LH90 Series

@Saumitra - Can you please let me know if this TV can play MKV files. I have downloaded a number of 1080p HD movies, but these movies are not detected on the TV through the USB. Is there anyway i can play HD content through the USB? Currently i am unable to play any HD content like AVI,WMV,MPEG,MKV,DIVX etc, but i do not have any problems playing SD movies through the USB.
Also one more concern with this TV is i am unable to adjust the picture settings like color, brightness or contrast for any movie/picture which i am playing through the USB. I mean to say there are no options on the TV to adjust the color for anything that i am playing through the USB, and more often than not any picture/movie i view through the USB on the TV comes out real bad with too much color on them.
As singho rightly mentioned,through USB, you can only play SD video (avi, divx, vob). And yes, LG sets has this limitation - when you play movies from USB, you don't get any option to customize/ change the picture settings - you have to watch those in the default setting, though I must say these 'default settings' are not at all bad - I have watched a few movies from my HDD and found the deafult PQ setting to be quite close to the 'ideal' settings.

As singho rightly mentioned,through USB, you can only play SD video (avi, divx, vob). And yes, LG sets has this limitation - when you play movies from USB, you don't get any option to customize/ change the picture settings - you have to watch those in the default setting, though I must say these 'default settings' are not at all bad - I have watched a few movies from my HDD and found the deafult PQ setting to be quite close to the 'ideal' settings.

Are you sure?
IMO, there is no default settings.
The TVs just pick up the last used configuration (from AV1, AV2 etc).
If you change to usb mode from AV1, the AV1 PQ settings are taken and so forth.

Blasto,
I am saying this after watching same movies/ movie files from the same HDD twice 1st time when HDD was directly connected to the TV and 2nd time when the HDD was connected through the PS3. In the 1st case, I couldnt do any picture settings, while in the 2nd case I had pre-defined settings (for the HDMI1 input connected to PS3). Surely it was slightly better when played through PS3, but the difference was very marginal that too I am not sure if that difference was because of the PQ settings or due to the way the video files were processed (directly by the TV in 1st case and by the PS3 connected to the TV with a HDMI cable in the 2nd case).
I also dont believe the PQ settings are from the last played source (& its associated PQ settings). I say this because when I switched from HDMI1 to USB and AV1 to USB I didnt notice any change to suggest change in the PQ settings though the HDMI1 (PS3 with Cinema mode) and AV1 (STB with Stanbdard (user) mode) had very different settings. That made me to believe that there is some default setting that gets applied when you play video from USB in the LH90.

I think Saumitra is right that there is some default settings for any content being played from USB. Actually i have some pictures which i viewed on the TV from my HDD connected to the USB and there was too much color on them. I really felt there could have been some settings to adjust the PQ.
But anyway i have decided to henceforth connect my laptop directly to the TV through VGA and play any media content, so that i can adjust the PQ on my laptop.

Arpan - even better is to invest on a streaming media player that are available in India - like xstreamer/WD Live.

These can play almost any content you throw at it and connect to your TV via HDMI. They can also play streaming media directly off the Internet.

1)Is Samsung's UA40EH6030R model equipped with full arrayed back lit led with local dimming?

2) can anyone tell which is best when this samsung model compared with Sony KDL-40HX750

^
There is no Samsung TV with full array local dimming. Nor will there be any, in the future due to a lawsuit between Sharp and Samsung as Samsung copied Sharp's Local Dimming Technology. Hence Samsung cannot make any local dimming TVs ever now.

There are a few models this year however that have have limited local dimming, but those don't really have much of a difference compared to traditional EDGE lit TVs.

So I'd say don't worry about these FAKE local dimming sets.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back