LG Jazz Blues...

sudhirbhan

I have a LG 32 inch Jazz LCD TV that I bought in January. For the past few days, I have observed the following problems with the TV.

TV takes exceptionally long time to power up and display the picture. This is to the tune of 15-20 seconds.
When the mains connected to the TV is switched on, the tubelights in the house flicker.
TV suddenly switches off and after a while switches on

The complaint was raised to the LG service center in Mangalore yesterday and the customer service executive came to my residence this afternoon. His recommendation is to take the TV to the service center and have it there for a few days for "testing". He also mentioned that the parts may take 10 days to come from the company.

In this context, I would like to know
1. if this is a norm with LG service centers or an isolated case
2. whther LG guarantees the safekeeping of the TV at their dealer location for such a prolonged period especially from damage, parts being swapped etc.

Any suggestions would help.

I have a LG 32 inch Jazz LCD TV that I bought in January. For the past few days, I have observed the following problems with the TV.

TV takes exceptionally long time to power up and display the picture. This is to the tune of 15-20 seconds.
When the mains connected to the TV is switched on, the tubelights in the house flicker.
TV suddenly switches off and after a while switches on

The complaint was raised to the LG service center in Mangalore yesterday and the customer service executive came to my residence this afternoon. His recommendation is to take the TV to the service center and have it there for a few days for "testing". He also mentioned that the parts may take 10 days to come from the company.

In this context, I would like to know
1. if this is a norm with LG service centers or an isolated case
2. whther LG guarantees the safekeeping of the TV at their dealer location for such a prolonged period especially from damage, parts being swapped etc.

Any suggestions would help.

i have suggestions for you-

(1) you have a two-pin power plug for that Lg tv which fits loosely in the power socket - sparking between contacts can cause the problems you describe.

(2) get an adapter from Ju-freeze(???) and power up your LG tv. This should work.

:)

and the tube-lights in your room flicker because they have low-voltage electronic chokes which are sensitive to these things (such as sparking and imbalance in the three-phase supply)

Last edited:
Thanks Cranky and Suri for your response.

I have been using the same power setup for the past 8 months and it is only for the past few days these issues are being experienced. Wiring had been redone before the TV was installed, so not sure if that is the culprit.

Looking at the "quality" of the technician from the LG service center who came home, I am really skeptical of entrusting the TV to these guys for an extended period of time (>10 days as per their estimate).

Do we have any other forum members who have been in such a situation? Should I go ahead and leave the TV to its fate in the hands of the service center guys?

LG is trying to ensure its not something related to your home wiring. Thats why they have to test it elsewhere.

It should be safe for you to leave it.

Re: the issues themselves, I think your PSU is failing slowly. Replace them ASAP.

Thanks Cranky and Suri for your response.

I have been using the same power setup for the past 8 months and it is only for the past few days these issues are being experienced. Wiring had been redone before the TV was installed, so not sure if that is the culprit.

Looking at the "quality" of the technician from the LG service center who came home, I am really skeptical of entrusting the TV to these guys for an extended period of time (>10 days as per their estimate).

Do we have any other forum members who have been in such a situation? Should I go ahead and leave the TV to its fate in the hands of the service center guys?

LG is trying to ensure its not something related to your home wiring. Thats why they have to test it elsewhere.

It should be safe for you to leave it.

Re: the issues themselves, I think your PSU is failing slowly. Replace them ASAP.

+ 1 to that. leave it to them and trust them, they want a satisfied customer!:)

Update: Had written an email to LG customer support explaining the problem and my apprehensions. A person from their branch office called me yesterday and reassured that the TV will be safe at the service center. He also offered a standby TV of the same model, for the period my TV is going to be at the service center:clapping:. They are picking the TV from my home today.

For now I am satisfied with their response. Next update after the TV comes home.

Hi,

I am also having LG 32 JAZZ model. I too faced this problem earlier then it gone . For last few days again I am facing the same problem. Not able to find reason.

As far as service of LG is concerned, now it is practice that if there is any problem, they replace the circuit board completely, so the technician visiting home, will not be able to explain much about the problem and the solution.

My tv's board was rerplaced twice during the warranty period.

After replacement please again check whether all the input/output are working properly. It happened with me, HDMI was not working, then came to know the board they changed was of different model. Thanks god, it was still in warranty when I noticed it.

Aseem

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back