LG PQ70 HD 1080p Plasma TV

Vijay_Ananth

Can anyone let me know the reviews of LGPQ70?

I would also want the price for this at Chennai/Bangalore

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Can anyone let me know the reviews of LGPQ70?

I would also want the price for this at Chennai/Bangalore

Thanks in advance

Hi Vijay

I love plasma TVs too and am based in Chennai. I recommended LG plasmas to 2 of my office colleagues 10 days back and they are very happy with the TVs. They picked up a 42 inch PQ30 and 50 inch PQ30.

Here are the retail prices for the LG plasmas:

42PQ30 - 47,990
50PQ30 - 68,990

42PQ60 - 49,990 (frameless, USB, DivX, 3 HDMI)

42PQ70 - 52,990 (frameless, UsB, DivX, 3 HDMI, Bluetooth, 2-way 4 speaker)
50PQ70 - 73,990

At a local shop here in Chennai, here are the prices for the various models:

42PQ30 - 40,500
50PQ30 - 59,000

42PQ60 - 43,000

42PQ70 - 47,500
50PQ70 - 67,500

Hope that helps. The quality of the PQ30 and PQ60 are amazing. Superb colours and excellent black levels. Had a personal demo on both the series. Have not had a look at the PQ70 yet. Seems to be a brand new model as it has just now been released overseas as well.

Warm regards,
Venkat

PQ70 is not 1080p its 768p.. checkout the lg india website...
it only has bluetooth in addition to pq60.

another update.. lg bluetooth don't work when playing movies off the usb.. it can either tune in usb or bluetooth at a time.

Hi Vijay

I love plasma TVs too and am based in Chennai. I recommended LG plasmas to 2 of my office colleagues 10 days back and they are very happy with the TVs. They picked up a 42 inch PQ30 and 50 inch PQ30.

Here are the retail prices for the LG plasmas:

42PQ30 - 47,990
50PQ30 - 68,990

42PQ60 - 49,990 (frameless, USB, DivX, 3 HDMI)

42PQ70 - 52,990 (frameless, UsB, DivX, 3 HDMI, Bluetooth, 2-way 4 speaker)
50PQ70 - 73,990

At a local shop here in Chennai, here are the prices for the various models:

42PQ30 - 40,500
50PQ30 - 59,000

42PQ60 - 43,000

42PQ70 - 47,500
50PQ70 - 67,500

Hope that helps. The quality of the PQ30 and PQ60 are amazing. Superb colours and excellent black levels. Had a personal demo on both the series. Have not had a look at the PQ70 yet. Seems to be a brand new model as it has just now been released overseas as well.

Warm regards,
Venkat

i could not find 42 PQ70 in LG website

yesterday i called the LG distributor in my area and he is not aware of PQ70. he is pushing me for PQ60.

i think the extra in PQ70 are bluetooth and improved looks

PQ70 is not 1080p its 768p.. checkout the lg india website...
it only has bluetooth in addition to pq60.

another update.. lg bluetooth don't work when playing movies off the usb.. it can either tune in usb or bluetooth at a time.

Hi Kekada,

Does this mean that one cannot use a bluetooth stereo headset to listen to the audio while playing a movie off the USB?

Thanks,
Jayawant

finally i bought PQ70 for 44k on saturday.

story goes like this

when i started my hunt i was targeting any high end LCD. but here i saw very good response to Plasmas. I changed my mind when i saw PV8 first time. i decided to go for Plasma. and on Saturday i got an opportunity to compare PV8, Samsung LA40B650 (LCD, which i was considering at first), PQ60, PQ70. Both LGs are alike in PQ. motion blur is almost nil in PQ60/70. even though LA40B650 is 100Hz and Full HD, it still fails to impress when the signal is DTH. and LG is brighter compared to PV8. finally i zeroed on PQ60. but the dealer had only the demo set of that and they were having a pack set of PQ70 ready. so i went for that considering the BT, extra speakers and slightly improved looks for 2k extra.

finally i bought PQ70 for 44k on saturday.

story goes like this

when i started my hunt i was targeting any high end LCD. but here i saw very good response to Plasmas. I changed my mind when i saw PV8 first time. i decided to go for Plasma. and on Saturday i got an opportunity to compare PV8, Samsung LA40B650 (LCD, which i was considering at first), PQ60, PQ70. Both LGs are alike in PQ. motion blur is almost nil in PQ60/70. even though LA40B650 is 100Hz and Full HD, it still fails to impress when the signal is DTH. and LG is brighter compared to PV8. finally i zeroed on PQ60. but the dealer had only the demo set of that and they were having a pack set of PQ70 ready. so i went for that considering the BT, extra speakers and slightly improved looks for 2k extra.

Congratulations!

Plasma Gurus, how does this compare (feature wise & PQ) to the all time favorite (at least on this forum), Panasonic's PV8 / PV80?

oh yes, it is for 42.

sorry i dont remember it for 50 because i was not considering that. may be i can get it from dealer

Hi multifaced,

Congrats, I too bought a 42PQ70 for the same price, for my father! he's thrilled so far! For a while I thought I had paid more than what I should have, but the dealer was not willing to budge below that.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you if you'd got a chance to use BOTH bluetooth headset AND usb drive simultaneously. I wanted to buy a bluetooth headset for my father so he can follow all the dialogues, but considering their prohibitive price, want to make sure that there won't be any issues.

Thanks!

Hi multifaced,

Congrats, I too bought a 42PQ70 for the same price, for my father! he's thrilled so far! For a while I thought I had paid more than what I should have, but the dealer was not willing to budge below that.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you if you'd got a chance to use BOTH bluetooth headset AND usb drive simultaneously. I wanted to buy a bluetooth headset for my father so he can follow all the dialogues, but considering their prohibitive price, want to make sure that there won't be any issues.

Thanks!

thanks TNAWAYAJ,

actually i wanted to buy PQ60 (priced 41k), but it was not in stock. dealer gave me one HDMI cable and a wireless headset free.

I didn't use the BT and usb simultaneously. in fact i don't have a BT headset :). but i tested BT and USB seperately.

thanks TNAWAYAJ,

actually i wanted to buy PQ60 (priced 41k), but it was not in stock. dealer gave me one HDMI cable and a wireless headset free.

I didn't use the BT and usb simultaneously. in fact i don't have a BT headset :). but i tested BT and USB seperately.

oh, that's nice you got some freebies! where did you buy it from?

thanks TNAWAYAJ,

Did you have to bargain hard for the HDMI cable and a wireless headset? Wonder if the LG company showroom would give this bargain.

Was looking at the Panasonic & LG websites, comparing Pana PV8 & LG PQ70. One major difference found is in the "Typical Power Consumption" specs. The PQ70 lists 200W while the PV8 states 335W. That is a huge difference in energy savings when we compare year 2008 PV8 versus year 2009 PQ70.

oh, that's nice you got some freebies! where did you buy it from?

i got it from Mahavir Electronics, Kothrud Pune. you can see them in compareindia too.

Did you have to bargain hard for the HDMI cable and a wireless headset? Wonder if the LG company showroom would give this bargain.

Was looking at the Panasonic & LG websites, comparing Pana PV8 & LG PQ70. One major difference found is in the "Typical Power Consumption" specs. The PQ70 lists 200W while the PV8 states 335W. That is a huge difference in energy savings when we compare year 2008 PV8 versus year 2009 PQ70.

yes i had to bargain. they were not ready to reduce price further.

i think there is a catch in that. in LG website the power consumption is 200W at standard condition* but inside the back cover (i could see it through the cooling vents) its written 330 W (Max). i think the 200 W is with the "energy saving" mode. if there someone who saw whats written inside PV8, pl share.

Last edited:
Specs look pretty promising. Does this reduce the effect of glare? I am told if you are planning to keep the plasma opposite a light source (in my case I have to keep it opposite my living room's windows), then there will be glare. This is the only reason why I am thinking of getting LCD. Plasma seems more richer in color and sharpness. Please suggest.

Hi Kekada,

Does this mean that one cannot use a bluetooth stereo headset to listen to the audio while playing a movie off the USB?

Thanks,
Jayawant

Yes,

When you connect to USB you have to disconnect from bluetooth headset connection and vice-versa.
I have Scarlet 2 42LH70 with bluetooth and motorola Bluetooth Stereo headset this uses the same XD engine as PQ70 and have faced this issue. I don't mind since I put on headphone only while playing games, and there's no problem in using bluetooth while watching video off AV,Composite or HDMI connection.

Hi multifaced,

Can you clarify me if this pq70 is full hd(1080p) or not? the post by madhu says it is .

Thanks,
ash

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back