LG QNED91 Mini LED

Edit : I checked out the TV in LG showroom, I'm getting 65 inch for 1.36L after cashback which looks like a good deal. I also checked both QNED and QN90A against LG C1 side by side with the same demo video and found the QNED to be the closest to C1 in terms of skin tones and to some extent colours. LG QNED was more reflective than the Samsung.

Edit : I checked out the TV in LG showroom, I'm getting 65 inch for 1.36L after cashback which looks like a good deal. I also checked both QNED and QN90A against LG C1 side by side with the same demo video and found the QNED to be the closest to C1 in terms of skin tones and to some extent colours. LG QNED was more reflective than the Samsung.
Is it their usual ips panel or va?

That is quite a good deal considering it has ~ 1000 dimming zones, good enough DCI-P3 color volume/gamut, and brightness. Do you by any chance know for how much the 75" variant going for

That is quite a good deal considering it has ~ 1000 dimming zones, good enough DCI-P3 color volume/gamut, and brightness. Do you by any chance know for how much the 75" variant going for
I wanted to get the 75 inch too but i think they're not in stock because they're quoting 5L. I don't think the 75 inch is worth it because in Tata cliq 75 inch model is arround 4L

Last edited:
I wanted to get the 75 inch too but i think they're not in stock because they're quoting 5L. I don't think the 75 inch is worth it because in Tata cliq 75 inch model is arround 4L
That's disappointing, seeing 65" at 1.36L I had hoped it would cost near about ~2.5-3.0L for 75" where I would pull the trigger. I am also on lookout for 75" set. Have set my eyes on Lg G2, Samsung QN90B, and Lg Qned91. After having experienced 75" on Xiaomi Mi Q1 at my sister's place, can't go back to 65". Larger screen size adds way more to immersion than say 5-10% improved pq.

That's disappointing, seeing 65" at 1.36L I had hoped it would cost near about ~2.5-3.0L for 75" where I would pull the trigger. I am also on lookout for 75" set. Have set my eyes on Lg G2, Samsung QN90B, and Lg Qned91. After having experienced 75" on Xiaomi Mi Q1 at my sister's place, can't go back to 65". Larger screen size adds way more to immersion than say 5-10% improved pq.
Between 75 and 65, having both in my home, viewing distance can compensate for the size difference. But picture quality does add to the equation. But your point of view is acknowledged too. There are many who agree to your pov too. Though i beg to differ.

Agreed, I was thinking it'd be around 2L but i guess it's too much to ask for. Other countries one can buy the LG qned 75 inch for 1800$, If one were to import it and pay shipping+ custom duty, it'll still be way cheaper than Indian pricing. I don't want to pay these ridiculous premium for big size TVs so I'll probably go with the 65 inch qned.

I would suggest you get the qn90b only if it's confirmed to have VA panel in India otherwise for that price i don't think it's worth it. There's also the sony x95k but not sure if they're gonna launch it here.

People will never accept ips or ads over VA panels. Because of contrast. At the same time these tvs have great colour volumes and brightness.(even good viewing angles and reflection handling) You are able to pit them against wrgb OLED thats dimmer though with infinite contrast but are not satisfied with a non-VA panel. So good contrast, good brightness and FALD/Mini led QLED is your ideal TV i guess.

People will never accept ips or ads over VA panels. Because of contrast. At the same time these tvs have great colour volumes and brightness.(even good viewing angles and reflection handling) You are able to pit them against wrgb OLED thats dimmer though with infinite contrast but are not satisfied with a non-VA panel. So good contrast, good brightness and FALD/Mini led QLED is your ideal TV i guess.
I was very confused after reading all these stuff from this forum and YouTube reviews that OLED has low brightness, Mini led/FALD has blooming, ips low contrast etc but after seeing all these models in well lit rooms i can say in my opinion that all these claims are exaggerated except for the contrast levels in oleds. People should just go watch these in person and decide for themselves.

Another thing is prices, in croma this TV 65 inch is listed at 1.8L while I'm getting the same offline for 1.36L, even C1 65 i was given around 1.7L quote after cashback where as online it's close to 2L.

Finally bought this TV in 65 inch, so far no major complaints except it's UI which is quite slow. The motion handling for DTH channels is very good, upscaling is okay-ish not sure if it's because of the size.
Brightness, while it was less compared to qn90a it's still very bright in our room lighting. Audio is pretty good too, it has good depth for a TV speaker. I'm yet to test movies and HDR videos with local dimming set to high.

Edit : DSE is very bad, not sure if it's my unit or if it's common. It's hard to not notice it once you notice it. It's very noticeable even in the will Smith movie clip during fast pan shots.
Is it considered a defect or should I keep it?

Edit : DSE is very bad, not sure if it's my unit or if it's common. It's hard to not notice it once you notice it. It's very noticeable even in the will Smith movie clip during fast pan shots.
Is it considered a defect or should I keep it?
All LCDs have DSE some more, some less (panel lottery) and it becomes more apparent with larger screen sizes. It's mostly noticeable to me watching sports content but if it's this bad that you can notice it even in movies then I would say you should return it. No one should be expected to live with DSE after spending over 1L.

All LCDs have DSE some more, some less (panel lottery) and it becomes more apparent with larger screen sizes. It's mostly noticeable to me watching sports content but if it's this bad that you can notice it even in movies then I would say you should return it. No one should be expected to live with DSE after spending over 1L.
This is the single pain point that's making my decision to chose between mini LED QLED and OLED more difficult. I am confused because current Mini LEDs can perform like OLED (~99%) but all LCDs will have DSE more so at larger screen sizes that I am looking at. Coming to OLED I just can't make it perform like mini LED Qled in terms of brightness and color volume at high brightness. Add to it the phobia of burn in. I know I might not get burn atleast for 4 years of use, but it's hard for me to get over this constant fear and babysitting my TV

DSE or vertical lines banding in oled are usually very hard to observe. Maybe if you use the youtube banding or DSE tests, you could spot it but wont disturb you while watching bright content. But if it is more apparent then it is a panel lottery issue, replace it asap.

DSE or vertical lines banding in oled are usually very hard to observe. Maybe if you use the youtube banding or DSE tests, you could spot it but wont disturb you while watching bright content. But if it is more apparent then it is a panel lottery issue, replace it asap.
In OLEDs, DSE at the level of LCDs is almost non existent. The newer generation OLED after (Cx onwards) OLED panels have become more clean. Even in some cases where new units had it, it went away after the pixels were allowed to break in (~200-400 hrs) or if pixel refresher were run manually based on cases that I have read

This is the single pain point that's making my decision to chose between mini LED QLED and OLED more difficult. I am confused because current Mini LEDs can perform like OLED (~99%) but all LCDs will have DSE more so at larger screen sizes that I am looking at. Coming to OLED I just can't make it perform like mini LED Qled in terms of brightness and color volume at high brightness. Add to it the phobia of burn in. I know I might not get burn atleast for 4 years of use, but it's hard for me to get over this constant fear and babysitting my TV
I have used my oled lg cx 65" TV nearly 2000 hours in a year and two months. It has not had even temporary image retention issues even once and i think their algorithms are acting well as a remedy against wear and tear. If i reach 10000 hours maybe there maybe some permanent image retention but thats another 4 years from now using as much. But my curiosity and usage is getting lower and lower. Having watched the best black beauty quality for the first 6 months which went for 1200 hours and the next 8 months only 800 hours, i think i am safe to assume my usage has decreased. If that happens oled is fine. You might risk panel issues in lcd led tvs too in less than 5 years of use. Thats more common than a burn in. Brightness is not desirable if you watch space related content or darker shades in general. Lcd leds will leave you wondering with vignetting, light bleeding and blooming. But good news is black levels have improved considerably. Actually i would say both are ok if you do not regret after purchasing the TV.

How do i know it's too much DSE, i don't wanna end up getting a worse replacement. I just saw rtings review and looks like it does come with bad DSE.

@aditya2603d @Donivlapog
Can you guys check and see if it's bad? Not sure if LG will accept replacement for this. I underexposed the video a little to make it more visible

This is defective product. Not to condone. Lg usually are not cry babies like Samsung. So give it a shot for replacement.

Back