LG SM 8100 Nanocell

abicool4

Hello frens was considering the LG Sm 8100 49 inch tv for my bedroom
Very few options in 49 inch segment
How is tnis LG model
Any other brand or model suggestions

Seems that nobody interested in nanocell.last diwali i checked in croma and lg brand shop,then look at me like alian.

How's samsung RU 7100 58 inches tv
I wanna take Panasonic fx600 54inch but reliance wala asking me to take RU 7100.

How's samsung RU 7100 58 inches tv
I wanna take Panasonic fx600 54inch but reliance wala asking me to take RU 7100.
I don't know much about either of these models. General advice: Don't listen to what salesman is saying. Do your own research.

If no wide angle viewing needed, considering bedroom viewing go for samsung 50" RU7470 model.
I am using 8100.

I've just bought an lg 55 8100 pt nanocell 4ktv from flipkart for rs 70000 and the tv has been delivered..

Any advices,suggestions on the tv and guidelines to look for the usage hours would help.Thanks

A quick review on the lg 4k 55 nanocell tv 8100 pta
Total disappointment.
My previous tv was a 55 inch 4k intex-rebranded indonesian tcl tv
The new nanocell tv comes no where near my old tcl tv but that intex tv went kaput in 3 years till which it was extraordinary.
Coming to the new nanocell tv
1.poor upscaling of sd channels
2.no manual calibration of picture or sound,only presets available
3.too bright for comfort,can't bring down the brightness.
4.contrast and colour levels in all preset modes are too much
5.gets heated like an iron box in 1 hr of use,the lower part.
6.the stand is flimsy and the tv sways
7.sound quality is very ordinary,not even close to my old tv.
Iam an lg brand loyalist,because they last forever..but this comes as a disaster purchase
Will continue with my experiences as they unfold.

Total disappointment.
The new nanocell tv comes no where near my old tcl tv but that intex tv went kaput in 3 years till which it was extraordinary.
Iam an lg brand loyalist,because they last forever..but this comes as a disaster purchase
sad to hear that , is it possible to try to return and get another brand from LG it self..?

Total disappointment.

So you totally neglect my suggestion o_O my using this tv.
Now if you want to live with it, go on youtube and search TV Calibration with Darko. Here you tweak some settings to get decent picture & tone. Also do check for backlight bleeding around coroners of tv.

Yogesh...thank you for your suggestion
I'll try to calibetate as you have suggested...I tried but there was no option at all.
There is bleeding across the screen while I change channels just before a picture pops up.
There is no option to return the tv to flipkart.
Lg cheated bigtime by playing with names like nanocel..bla bla..
What is the point in manufacturing a tv where you can not even reduce the brightness.. It's an eyesore..
Iam an lg loyalist,have had bad experiences with Samsung,so it hurts even more.

Yogesh...thank you for your suggestion
I'll try to calibetate as you have suggested...I tried but there was no option at all.
There is bleeding across the screen while I change channels just before a picture pops up.
There is no option to return the tv to flipkart.
Lg cheated bigtime by playing with names like nanocel..bla bla..
What is the point in manufacturing a tv where you can not even reduce the brightness.. It's an eyesore..
Iam an lg loyalist,have had bad experiences with Samsung,so it hurts even more.

Brightness in LG TVs is actually black level setting. Leave it at default. To reduce light output, reduce Backlight.

For 70k, the TV you have purchased is a joke. It wasn't worth purchasing at all. You aren't even getting 50% of the experience an LG B9 OLED would have offered. Should have checked pro reviews by Rtings or Avforums or Flatpanelshd before buying.

I agree completely...
Flipkart offers a return policy,should I ask for return and will I get the money back or will it be only a replacement..
I do not want an lg tv anymore.
I can not spend 1.4 lakh rs also right now on an oled.
Thanks

I agree completely...
Flipkart offers a return policy,should I ask for return and will I get the money back or will it be only a replacement..
I do not want an lg tv anymore.
I can not spend 1.4 lakh rs also right now on an oled.
Thanks

You can get B9 for close to a lac. If you don't want to spend a lac, I'll suggest getting the 2020 Samsung The Frame model. It'll offer you a much better experience than your current LG for similar cost.

Regarding Flipkart, I have started a thread. They have changed their policy. No returns on most electronics. Only manufacturer replacements. So you might be stuck. Try and call them and express displeasure. See if they relent.

I tried with the return policy..
There is no option for return of money.
There is only an option for replacement of the same product.
I can't do anything more.
I trusted lg blindly and bought this with a policy of I'll buy only an lg product since both the other 2 lg full hd led tvs and 2 lg mobiles are working flawlessly for 8 years now.

I trusted lg blindly and bought this with a policy of I'll buy only an lg product since both the other 2 lg full hd led tvs and 2 lg mobiles are working flawlessly for 8 years now.

Call Flipkart again and shout at them. Post on their social media. Defective TV sold with no returns. That can help.

If that fails, I know someone who upgraded from a TV like you have, facing similar problems, upgraded to an OLED after paying the difference to LG.

Sorry you're facing this. Flipkart is shit now.

Brand loyalty is useless. Always search for trustworthy specific reviews of the product you want to buy.

Flipkart is offering replacement but what's the use.
Amazon also offers the tv at the same price,should have checked if they offered return of money
Yes,now I realize that brand loyalty is useless,but it's late.
Why does lg manufacture a tv where one can not adjust even the brightness level
The mechanic revealed that in all new lg tvs its just the presets and no personal calibration.
I do not have the strength to fight with fk or lg
During normal times I would visit various showrooms and compare but since it's a pandemic time I was afraid to do that.
My other 8 year old lg full hd tv in the next room offers excellent pq,the only option is to use that now

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back