[LG WR Discussion] Magic Remote

Thank you madhur45, for the constructive criticism. We will certainly discuss the issue with our engineers. But may I ask what specifically annoys you about the cursor of the Magic Remote Control? Is there any lag or is it hard to use? Personally, as a user myself, playing games with the remote is actually quite enjoyable. You should check out the Angle Duckling Adventure game. It's one of those games that can show you how the Magic Remote can work wonders to give you a good time with the family.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

WR Sherlock; how can we use the remote to play games on the TV like 47LM6400? Does the magic motion remote works like a Nintendo Wii remote controller in this regard? And once you have moved the cursor to a particular application how do you select it. I see no selection button on the remote. As far as design is concerned I will give 9 out of 10 to the remote, but functionalityI still doubt it can handle all the functions of a normal remote.

Hey madhur45, you can indeed use the Magic Remote to play games, and it works just like the Nintendo Wii controller like you said. You can see a demonstration of gaming with the Magic Remote here: CES 2010 - Playing with LGs Magic Motion Remote Control - YouTube

Also, you can select your desired application with the central control button on the remote. It's very intuitive and easy to navigate around with. In case you haven't seen this, here is an instruction video on how to use the Magic Remote: LG CINEMA Smart TV Magic Remote - YouTube

LG WRman Sherlock out!

I have actually tried playing a couple of 3D games - that are included in the 3D World - using the Magic Motion Remote. I found the remote performance quite smooth and responsive. The only trouble cropped up when we go too close to the TV - say six feet. Other than that, no major issues.

Hey, I had one of these too - got it with LG Flatron TV! Now that you have mentioned it, I also feel that Magic Motion Remote is also somehow derived from this - or at least the idea of a separate remote for performing some specific functions.

LG Magic Motion Remote has got positive mention across all tech websites. LG has done a credible job with this device - a Smart TV should have a Smart remote too!

Congrats Sandesh on the purchase! I'm glad that you found the picture quality of the TV to be satisfying. If there's anything you want to talk about regarding the TV, just fire away! I'm always around the corner. I hope you will enjoy the LG TV to the max! :yahoo:

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Thanks lg wrman, few queries..
As you know 6200 does not come with magic motion remote, I am thinking of buying one. i am not so much in to internet surfing or gaming . Do you see value in buying one.?
If I have to buy lg magic motion remote, where shal I get it , it was not available in croma and how much it will cost ? I stay in pune around Yerawada..
How to set it?

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have actually tried playing a couple of 3D games - that are included in the 3D World - using the Magic Motion Remote. I found the remote performance quite smooth and responsive. The only trouble cropped up when we go too close to the TV - say six feet. Other than that, no major issues.

Hey das.anirban, LG WRman Sherlock here,

For the Magic Remote Control, LG issues the following precautions to prevent potential damage or interference with its function. The problem might occur because of one or several factors listed here:

- Use the remote control within the maximum communication distance (10 m, 32.8 ft). Using the remote control beyond this distance, or with an object obstructing it, may cause a communication failure.
- A communication failure may occur due to nearby devices. Electronic devices such as a microwave oven or wireless LAN product may cause interference, as this will use the same bandwidth (2.4 GHz) as the Magic Motion Remote Control.
- The Magic Motion Remote Control may be damaged or may malfunction if it is dropped or receives a heavy impact.
- When playing a game using the Magic Motion Remote Control, hold it securely by wrapping its strap around your wrist and adjusting the length with the adjustable ring.
- Take care not to bump into nearby furniture or other people when using the Magic Motion Remote Control.
- It is recommended that your wireless access point be located more than 1 m (3.28 ft) away from the TV. If the AP is installed closer than 1 m, the magic motion remote control may not perform as expected due to frequency interference.

Check them out and see which one of these applies to your TV setup and how you can fix it. I hope that helps!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Please give me the pleasure to enhance your knowledge on this. LM6410 is among the Tv's listed on LG India Website. Check out the model below
LG LM6410

and It's available for sale in India as well.
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lg-32-inches-lm6410-cinema/419908

Hi Indian 11, I have addressed the issue of the LM6400 and LM6410 here: http://www.hifivision.com/lg-world-record/29187-lg-wr-discussion-magic-remote-3.html#post424088 'Tis only a small miscommunication. The only difference is the LM6400 is WiFi ready while the LM6410 has WiFi built-in. Thanks for letting me clear this up again. Have a great week ahead!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Thanks lg wrman, few queries..
As you know 6200 does not come with magic motion remote, I am thinking of buying one. i am not so much in to internet surfing or gaming . Do you see value in buying one.?
If I have to buy lg magic motion remote, where shal I get it , it was not available in croma and how much it will cost ? I stay in pune around Yerawada..
How to set it?

Hey sandesh1978, if you are not into surfing the internet and gaming on the TV, the Magic Remote is still very useful in using the TV apps as well as navigating through the channels and the different features of the TV. Plus, it's a fun and unique way to control your TV.

The 2012 LG 3 Mode Magic Motion Remote will cost around Rs. 4500 but it might vary depending on the retailer. You can visit one of LG showrooms or authorized stores in Pune to get the remote: Lg Showroom in Pune | Best Deals Prices Cost - asklaila

But if you don't want to buy it though and if you have a smart phone, you can download the LG Remote control app and turn it into a Magic Remote.

As for the setup, there's a instruction video here that tells you all you need to know about how to effectively use the Magic Remote: LG Magic Motion Remote - Point, Click, and Control - YouTube

I hope that helps! Have a good week! :D

LG WRman Sherlock out!

You're welcome, Sandesh. Take all the time you want. The Magic Remote won't run away anytime soon. Update me if you decide to buy it or have any other question about it :D

LG WRman Sherlock out!

You're welcome, Sandesh. Take all the time you want. The Magic Remote won't run away anytime soon. Update me if you decide to buy it or have any other question about it :D

LG WRman Sherlock out!

what't the price of Magic motion remote if we are getting it separately?

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hi lg wr man, can you please suggest a good CALIBRATION SETTING for my rv 47lm6200 for both sd and hd channels...my room is a well lit room...thanks Sandesh

Hi lg wr man, can you please suggest a good CALIBRATION SETTING for my rv 47lm6200 for both sd and hd channels...my room is a well lit room...thanks Sandesh

Hey Sandesh,

The LG LM6200 has the Picture Wizard II feature in the setting menu with which you can have detailed step-by-step instruction on how to do some touch-up on the picture quality of the TV. You should check it out. Calibration settings should be adjusted according to each individual home environment so the setting below is simply a suggestion. You should use it as a baseline for your TV and change the number around a bit to fit your liking.

Menu Setting
- Picture Menu: Expert 1
- Backlight: 55
- Contrast: 90
- Brightness: 50
- Black level: Low
- V Sharpness: 10
- H Sharpness: 10
- Tint: 0
- Color: 55
- Dynamic Contrast: Off
- Super Resolution: Off
- Color Gamut: Standard
- Edge enhancer: Off
- Color Filter: Off
- Noise reduction: Off
- MPEG noise reduction: Off
- Color Temperature: Warm
- Gamma: 2.2

Update me on how it turns out :D.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

what't the price of Magic motion remote if we are getting it separately?

Hey Indian11, as I have stated above, for the 2012 LG 3 Mode Magic Motion Remote, the price will be about Rs. 4500 but it may vary from retailer to retailer. Some may have some type of discount to go with the purchase of the TV. Are you planning to buy an extra in case something happens to yours?

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hey Sandesh,

The LG LM6200 has the Picture Wizard II feature in the setting menu with which you can have detailed step-by-step instruction on how to do some touch-up on the picture quality of the TV. You should check it out. Calibration settings should be adjusted according to each individual home environment so the setting below is simply a suggestion. You should use it as a baseline for your TV and change the number around a bit to fit your liking.

Menu Setting
- Picture Menu: Expert 1
- Backlight: 55
- Contrast: 90
- Brightness: 50
- Black level: Low
- V Sharpness: 10
- H Sharpness: 10
- Tint: 0
- Color: 55
- Dynamic Contrast: Off
- Super Resolution: Off
- Color Gamut: Standard
- Edge enhancer: Off
- Color Filter: Off
- Noise reduction: Off
- MPEG noise reduction: Off
- Color Temperature: Warm
- Gamma: 2.2

Update me on how it turns out :D.
LG WRman Sherlock out!

thanks lg wr man..shall try and let u know..

No problem, Sandesh, I'm here to help :D. If you have any other questions, fire away! Hope you're enjoying the TV!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

No problem, Sandesh, I'm here to help :D. If you have any other questions, fire away! Hope you're enjoying the TV!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Yeahthanks, lg wr man, I find this setting promising, warm and light on eyes compared to what I had..shal I put real cinema on or what you recommend...
Have a question on bluray dvd player.. I know that these players are much less expensive as compared to what prices were earlier... I keep hearing that these players do up scaling of the standard definition pictures regular dvds very well.. so I get tempted to buy one. But the prices of the bluray dvds keeps me away... And I also heard that bluray dvds as such could not capture the market in india, and technology mayu die down...can you guide me on this....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back