[LG WR Discussion] Magic Remote

Hey Sandesh, great to hear the new setting's working well for you! About the Blu-ray. There's no such thing as Blu-Ray DVD player as these two are separate HD media formats. And at the moment, Blu-Ray player is the dominating force in the market and will probably be in the foreseeable future. It will be quite a long time until it becomes obsolete so you don't have to worry. With the 3D Blu-Ray player and discs, you can watch HD and well as 3D films and as you already own a LG World Record 3D TV, this will be a nice addition to make the most out of the TV.

As for upscaling, the Blu-Ray player can indeed improve the picture of the SD DVDs. However, from my personal experience, this function is not as good as that in an upconverting DVD player. But still, the change is very noticeable and you get a very nice sharp picture out of the normal SD DVDs when viewed through the Blu-Ray on your Smart TV.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hey Sandesh, great to hear the new setting's working well for you! About the Blu-ray. There's no such thing as Blu-Ray DVD player as these two are separate HD media formats. And at the moment, Blu-Ray player is the dominating force in the market and will probably be in the foreseeable future. It will be quite a long time until it becomes obsolete so you don't have to worry. With the 3D Blu-Ray player and discs, you can watch HD and well as 3D films and as you already own a LG World Record 3D TV, this will be a nice addition to make the most out of the TV.

As for upscaling, the Blu-Ray player can indeed improve the picture of the SD DVDs. However, from my personal experience, this function is not as good as that in an upconverting DVD player. But still, the change is very noticeable and you get a very nice sharp picture out of the normal SD DVDs when viewed through the Blu-Ray on your Smart TV.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Thanks for guidance!

Hi lg wrsherlock, one question which always comes to my mind.. Whenever there is an upgrade in software version for a tv, I understand that few new features get added to the software which i relate to few additions to an operating system of a computer... However can this updates do changes to the picture quality of a tv which I believe is almost like a change in hardware.. And does not seem feasible ... Can you clarify my doubt in lay mans language...? Thanks in advance... Cheers...

Hi Sandesh, good to see you here again! I hope you have been enjoying the LG TV. Firmware updates on the LG World Record 3D TVs can certainly improve the picture quality in some ways. The best example is how the new update can improve the 3D picture on our TVs. It changes up the existing algorithm in the TV (which might sound scary but is essentially what determines how many TV frames that you see per second). The more TV frames that you see per second, the smoother and more pleasing the picture quality will be and the update does exactly that - increasing the number of frames per second in order to create a complete HD 1080p image for your full enjoyment. You can read this article which explains the process in full here: LG improves 3D picture quality on Cinema 3D TVs - FlatpanelsHD

I hope that clears it up.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hi LGWR Man, I have a query on the audio output of 47lm6200, does it have 3.5mm audio jack audio purepur output by which I can connect the ear phones or, similar to the tv ? I knew the 2011 lg models had it , but this 2012 model does not seem to have it, at least not mentioned in the manual, pls guide...

Hey Sandesh, sadly the 47LM6200 does not have the 3.5mm Audio Jack. It was not built into the TV. Sorry :(

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Can LG WRman or an owner of a LM6410 please post screenshot of this page on your 6410?

Settings -> Support -> Product/Service Info

Hey thnx for the info!! I just updated the software in my TV based on ur inputs. Some new features/option seem to have got added!! Whoa!!! :clapping:

Hey newtechie, glad to be of help :D. And great to hear you're enjoying the new updates on the LG TV!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Can LG WRman or an owner of a LM6410 please post screenshot of this page on your 6410?

Settings -> Support -> Product/Service Info

Hey ironwolf, our office currently no longer has this model in storage so I can't take the screenshot for you :( But maybe another user can help? Anyone?

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hi LG WRman Sherlock,
Iam in a confusion buying between 42LM6410 and 42LM6400. In the earlier discussion you had mentioned its only wifi stuff difference. But when I see LG site it shows like XD Engine Engine, Triple XD Engine, edge led, led plus. Is there any major performance difference, referesh rate, dynamic ratio difference. Please clarify on this. In UK I have seen a gray colour one, do we get in Bangalore as well.

Greetings Galaxy5, LG WRman Sherlock here,

Can you post the links with the descriptions of the XD Engine? The essential difference between the LM6410 and LM6400 is the wifi functionality. Other differences are just minimal such as very slight bezel visual changes. Otherwise, the internal components as well as functions of both TVs are virtually equivalent. Do you plan to purchase the LM6410 or the LM6400, might I ask?

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Greetings Galaxy5, LG WRman Sherlock here,

Can you post the links with the descriptions of the XD Engine? The essential difference between the LM6410 and LM6400 is the wifi functionality. Other differences are just minimal such as very slight bezel visual changes. Otherwise, the internal components as well as functions of both TVs are virtually equivalent. Do you plan to purchase the LM6410 or the LM6400, might I ask?

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Sherlock,
first of all good to see that LG cares to respond to important forums! Good job there!

I am planning to buy this week,
Took a demo of 47LM7600 & 47LM6410 and since I was in little rush could not judge much about PQ while the difference in features were abundant.

While I decide upon these 2 I got overwhelmed by an offer of Rs. 85000 for 47LM6200 (which is not much different than 6410???). On top of that I have my heart set on going up on budget and try out a 55 incher.

I haven't taken a demo of 55LM7600 so far :-X

What is your suggestion?

Hi ankitbhargava, thanks for the interest in the LG 3D TV! What is your projected budget for the TV, might I ask? If your budget allows and your room can accommodate the TV then I would definitely recommend going for a 55 inch model. You can see the visual difference between a 47 inch and a 55 inch TV here: Visual TV Size Comparison : 47 inch 16x9 display vs 55 inch 16x9 display There's a distinct advantage in size for the 55 inch and it could make for a much greater viewing experience if you're into films, sports or gaming. However, Rs. 85000 sounds like an extremely good deal for the 47LM6200 (are you sure the price is not for the 42LM6200?)! This model also has great PQ and almost all the best features available for the LM-series. I think Indian11, one of the regular folks here on the forum, also bought this model last year and he seems to be really enjoying the TV so far. Maybe he can tell you more about his personal experience with this model.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

I have 47lm6200 tv. And I can say that the tv is good, picture needs a calibration to make the best out if the tv, hd is great, sd is above average I would say, motion hand ling isaverage, like one can expect from 100 hz tv.if you are too much into sports etc, and if budget is not an issue, then go for 7600. Otherwise 6200 is a great value for money.anyways all the best....tell us what you bought finally...

Oh yeah, I forgot that you also got a LM6200, too, Sandesh. Thanks for the review!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Oh yeah, I forgot that you also got a LM6200, too, Sandesh. Thanks for the review!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Thanks to you LGWRSherlock. I really appreciate your prompt response to anyone in this forum and respecting sincere opinions of others.
I think having this kind of online help / support / getting clarifications from a reliable company representative is sincerely appreciated. Thanks to you and LG Company. 3 Cheers !

And thank you, Sandesh, for your lovely compliment! I will try my best to be better and to give my all to help everyone here. It is our hope that by creating this sub-forum, our customers will feel that they are not abandoned the moment they make the purchase, and that you will have an outlet to express your opinion and to seek help if there's any trouble with your electronic products. I hope I have done a good job.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

And thank you, Sandesh, for your lovely compliment! I will try my best to be better and to give my all to help everyone here. It is our hope that by creating this sub-forum, our customers will feel that they are not abandoned the moment they make the purchase, and that you will have an outlet to express your opinion and to seek help if there's any trouble with your electronic products. I hope I have done a good job.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Un doubtly yes, request you to continue this religiously... Cheers ...!

hai sir LG WRman Sherlock out!
Confused with lm6400,lm6410,lm5800
which is the best to buy and can u say difference bet these 3 and may i know which series come with complete pack like magic remote and may i know whether magic remote is accessble through lm5800
Thanks in advance

Back