[LG WR Discussion] Magic Remote

THNX!!
Please can you also clarify if LG is offering the magic remote with 42LM6400 (either as part of the TV or as the on-going festival offer).

What are the innovations expected in 3DTVs by next year?

LG WRman Sherlock here!

Sadly the magic remote control only accompanies the LG LM6700. With the 42 LM6400, you still need to buy it separately. However, LG India is currently having a big promotion to celebrate Diwali, so if you purchase your TV now, you will have a lot of cool stuff for free! Check it out here: LG Diwali Celebrations 2012.

As for future innovations from LG, currently we are launching the release of 4K TV, a 84 inch giant that has four times the resolution of normal HD TV. The OLED TV is coming out soon. There are, of course, other big and exciting news but we'd like to make them surprises. Just keep a lookout, the LG World Record team will keep you informed right here!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

LG WRman Sherlock here!

The 42LM6410 is the same as the LM6400! The LM6410 is simply the model designation for the LM6400 sold in Africa. Check out the 42LM6400 here!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Dear Mr. LG WRman Sherlock, I smell something fishy here! In this forum and in others too, u have been elaborating that LM6410 DOES NOT exist in India. Still, it's very much indicated in the 2012 festival brochure of LG India and is also available in the market. The difference in LM6400 and LM6410 is that 6400 is wi-fi ready and 6410 has an in-built wifi + the price ofcourse.

I'd really appreciate if u can check out the facts once again and clear the air :) as I'm vacillating between the two models for a final decision. Please lift the suspense over it's actual existence in Indian markets.

Also, I'd be happy if u can clarify:
1) What's the difference 'tween wifi ready and in-built wifi? The showroom says the latter is a better option. I'd like to know what exactly does this translate into.
2) What's the use of wi di?
3) Are wi-fi and wi di, in any way connected?

I would really love to have this remote which allows for super fast access to all features of the LG 3D TV but none of my local electronic retailers nor even the lg official shop had this type of remote in stock.What to do?

Dear Mr. LG WRman Sherlock!
I can't decipher why you chose not to respond to my above query in this forum!
Anyways, I bought 42LM6400 yday. Hope you can enlighten me about getting wifi for it. The showroom (ezone) neither had LG wi fi dongles nor the magic remote.
thnx.

Hi newtechie,

We do sell the LM6410 model in India, and there is only one difference between the two models. The LM6410 has a wifi built-in meaning you can access WiFi with the TV straight out of the box. With the LM6400, it's WiFi-ready, so you can connect it with your WiFi network after connecting a WiFi dongle to your TV.

With Intel WiDi, you can enhance content accessibility on your electronic devices to your TV without the hassle of fumbling with HDMI cables. You can instantly and wirelessly stream HD content from your laptop or smart phone to the large screen of TV. The LG World Record 3D TV is the first in the industry to be embedded with Intel's WiDi technology. You can read about it more here: LG And Intel Sign Strategic Alliance For Intel Wireless Display (Widi) Technology The connection between WiDi and wifi is that WiDi uses wifi as its transmission medium. I hope this clears up the air for you. If you feel any further questions, feel free to ask here! :)

LG WRman Sherlock out!

I would really love to have this remote which allows for super fast access to all features of the LG 3D TV but none of my local electronic retailers nor even the lg official shop had this type of remote in stock.What to do?

Hi lakhan.j,

May I ask which city you are currently living in? And did you purchase the LG 3D TV via the internet? There should be a supply of the Magic Motion Remote at any LG Official Store. If there was none available, it might be that the store ran out of stock when you asked for it. You should check it out again in a few days and see if they have restocked it.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hi newtechie,

We do sell the LM6410 model in India, and there is only one difference between the two models. The LM6410 has a wifi built-in meaning you can access WiFi with the TV straight out of the box. With the LM6400, it's WiFi-ready, so you can connect it with your WiFi network after connecting a WiFi dongle to your TV.

With Intel WiDi, you can enhance content accessibility on your electronic devices to your TV without the hassle of fumbling with HDMI cables. You can instantly and wirelessly stream HD content from your laptop or smart phone to the large screen of TV. The LG World Record 3D TV is the first in the industry to be embedded with Intel's WiDi technology. You can read about it more here: LG And Intel Sign Strategic Alliance For Intel Wireless Display (Widi) Technology The connection between WiDi and wifi is that WiDi uses wifi as its transmission medium. I hope this clears up the air for you. If you feel any further questions, feel free to ask here! :)

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Aaah...I missed buying LM6410 then! Thnx for the info!
The LG guy who came to install the TV and give a demo hadn't much idea about the TV's smart functions....so I'm left to my own devices to understand it. I checked out the link u sent. It says...
'Like wired connectivity standards, such as HDMI and USB cables, Intel WiDi does not require an active wireless internet or WiFi connection to transfer content between exter-nal mobile devices and CINEMA 3D Smart TVs.'
The new LG BD player is also DLNA like the LED. Does this mean I can exchange content 'tween the two devices without the use of wires?

Also I'm very confused. Since it's a wifi ready TV, how do I make use of DLNA - rather what is the use of DLNA?

The LG 3D TV LM series has built-in WiDi so it can help you to connect to your laptop without the use of cable. After you set up the wireless connection between your laptop and TV, the TV screen basically will function as a second display for your laptop.

As for Blu-ray player with Smart TV compatibility, the DLNA is used to stream Smart TV features such as Netflix, but for watching Blu-ray discs, you still need HDMI cables. I hope that clears it up. If you are still a bit confused or have any further question, fire away!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

hi LG WRman Sherlock, I have few observations and queries,
1) does lm6200 come with magic motion remote?
2) I am keen to buy 47 inches tv , and found that 6200 picture quality to be better than higherups such as 6410,6690,6700 , black and white levels look better on 6200 than the rest... Even after turning the local dimming off...
Can you please suggest me the best 47 incher lm series tv...

Hi sandesh1978, LG Wrman Sherlock here,

For the LM6200, you will need to purchase the Magic Motion Remote separately as it does not come with the TV. As for the best 47 inch LG TV, personally I find the LM6400 to have the best picture quality, but it might be because I spent more time experimenting with this model than others. It's a very subjective matter as each person can experience the depth of 3D in different ways. So my advice is to test out all of these models and see what's best for you, and if you have already decided that the LM6200 has the best PQ then by all means, go for it! And you seem to have a pretty solid knowledge of the technicality of TV already, so I'm sure you will make the right choice! If you are still uncertain about anything else, just ask me. I'll always be here to help!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

I like scrolling wheel in this magic motion remote, by which we can select our favorite program and hit play. Really great media experience with a wave of the wand.

I like the simplicity of this remote, even without the pointy-cursor thing. I am not impressed with the pointy cursor feature. It is irritating sometime. The idea of playing game with this magic motion remote is laughable. Hope company will work on it in future. Other than that dragging feature and quick access and selection between TV channels and various apps is a good and useful feature.

LG WRman Sherlock here!

Sadly the magic remote control only accompanies the LG LM6700. With the 42 LM6400, you still need to buy it separately. However, LG India is currently having a big promotion to celebrate Diwali, so if you purchase your TV now, you will have a lot of cool stuff for free! Check it out here: LG Diwali Celebrations 2012.

As for future innovations from LG, currently we are launching the release of 4K TV, a 84 inch giant that has four times the resolution of normal HD TV. The OLED TV is coming out soon. There are, of course, other big and exciting news but we'd like to make them surprises. Just keep a lookout, the LG World Record team will keep you informed right here!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!
Yeah, I saw the LG 4K Ultra HD TV at the Home Electronic Show that was held in Delhi a few days back. I have to admit - the 84 inch screen looks awesome - and not surprisingly - sports the same FPR based passive 3D technology that other LG 3D TVs have.

Yeah, I saw the LG 4K Ultra HD TV at the Home Electronic Show that was held in Delhi a few days back. I have to admit - the 84 inch screen looks awesome - and not surprisingly - sports the same FPR based passive 3D technology that other LG 3D TVs have.

wow...looks like you have taken a close enough look at LG 4K ultra HD TV, can you throw some lights on its features and how was it looking?

I like the simplicity of this remote, even without the pointy-cursor thing. I am not impressed with the pointy cursor feature. It is irritating sometime. The idea of playing game with this magic motion remote is laughable. Hope company will work on it in future. Other than that dragging feature and quick access and selection between TV channels and various apps is a good and useful feature.

Thank you madhur45, for the constructive criticism. We will certainly discuss the issue with our engineers. But may I ask what specifically annoys you about the cursor of the Magic Remote Control? Is there any lag or is it hard to use? Personally, as a user myself, playing games with the remote is actually quite enjoyable. You should check out the Angle Duckling Adventure game. It's one of those games that can show you how the Magic Remote can work wonders to give you a good time with the family.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

For the LM6200, you will need to purchase the Magic Motion Remote separately as it does not come with the TV. As for the best 47 inch LG TV, personally I find the LM6400 to have the best picture quality, but it might be because I spent more time experimenting with this model than others. It's a very subjective matter as each person can experience the depth of 3D in different ways. So my advice is to test out all of these models and see what's best for you, and if you have already decided that the LM6200 has the best PQ then by all means, go for it! And you seem to have a pretty solid knowledge of the technicality of TV already, so I'm sure you will make the right choice! If you are still uncertain about anything else, just ask me. I'll always be here to help!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Thanks lg wrman, thanks for the reply, I bought 47lm6200 as i found it suiting my budget and pq was also good... I hope I made a good choice.... !

LG WRman Sherlock out!

hi lg wrman I bought 47lm6200 as it suited my budget and found pq to be good , hope I made a right choice... Cheers Sandesh

I like the magic motion remote's pointer feature, which is just like a wii-mote style pointer that really look great and work wonderfully.

I think this magic motion remote plays a unique and very different; role especially when we are using smart functions of our smart TV and using keyboard to spell out website url address.

Thanks lg wrman, thanks for the reply, I bought 47lm6200 as i found it suiting my budget and pq was also good... I hope I made a good choice.... !

Congrats Sandesh on the purchase! I'm glad that you found the picture quality of the TV to be satisfying. If there's anything you want to talk about regarding the TV, just fire away! I'm always around the corner. I hope you will enjoy the LG TV to the max! :yahoo:

LG WRman Sherlock out!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back