Lifestyle® 650 home entertainment system of Bose

I never told bose measures better. I said, its smaller and works without having big boxes. And there I "spoke" .

Seems you’ve quoted me by mistake. I didn’t refer to any measurements. Also, my comment was in response to the OP’s query, not your comment.

Incidentally, today (22nd July) Myself and my colleague listened to Bose (module 700 system and AM 10 series 5), and took auditions of Paradigm ct100 5.1, Dali set up (Oberon 7, Oberon 1, Vocal, Atmos) and little bit of Magnat Supreme 802 5.1 set (Supreme 2002 set was not readily available).

First we listened to Paradigms followed by Dali. This was in proper audition rooms. Then we went on to listen Bose module 700 which includes bass module plus sound bar 700 plus surrounds. This was in open place in a showroom. Still the clarity, loudness of Bose speakers was most noticeable. Also the bass offered by the bass module appeared very articulate, precise, still thumping. It may not be near to what we experience with popular 12" subwoofers but it appeared adequate.
Taste of Bose is still on the minds of both of us.

In my opinion, Bose manages to get such high sound intensity with small sized HF drivers without compromising quality. This chhota packet bada dhamaka is what attracts most of Bose fans (moat of them may not be seasoned listeners/audiophiles).

Is this worth to buy this system? or please suggest any up to this price.

If you are looking for something like the Bose 650.....this would be one of the many options and combos....

Here is a copy of Bose Jewel Cubes....I personally heard them on a Yamaha AVR a couple of years back at the Telome Bandra Showroom...they make cubes of different sizes..these are called Nano Cubes....2 x 2 inch in size like Bose Jewel cubes....

They sound much better and pack a good punch

Pair it with this AVR...or you can use a Yamaha....

Remaining budget. get a media player or Blu Ray etc, speaker wires, sub cable etc etc.....you will be sorted less than a Lac!

Incidentally, today (22nd July) Myself and my colleague listened to Bose (module 700 system and AM 10 series 5), and took auditions of Paradigm ct100 5.1, Dali set up (Oberon 7, Oberon 1, Vocal, Atmos) and little bit of Magnat Supreme 802 5.1 set (Supreme 2002 set was not readily available).

First we listened to Paradigms followed by Dali. This was in proper audition rooms. Then we went on to listen Bose module 700 which includes bass module plus sound bar 700 plus surrounds. This was in open place in a showroom. Still the clarity, loudness of Bose speakers was most noticeable. Also the bass offered by the bass module appeared very articulate, precise, still thumping. It may not be near to what we experience with popular 12" subwoofers but it appeared adequate.
Taste of Bose is still on the minds of both of us.

In my opinion, Bose manages to get such high sound intensity with small sized HF drivers without compromising quality. This chhota packet bada dhamaka is what attracts most of Bose fans (moat of them may not be seasoned listeners/audiophiles).
Sound in glass rooms can get pretty loud because of reflections and give an impression of chota packet bada dhamaka.. :D

But if you are looking for Value for money including a low space usage, ease of setup for anyone in the home as well as a brand value in your drawing room, Bose becomes a strong choice :)
Have different opinion here... Bose Life style systems cost around 3.5 to 3.8 lakhs. I dont think this is VFM.
We can build 10 speaker system, with good AVR + 2 sub + power amp with this price.

May be bose acoustimas speakers worth considering for 90k.

But if you are looking for Value for money including a low space usage, ease of setup for anyone in the home as well as a brand value in your drawing room, Bose becomes a strong choice :)

Have different opinion here... Bose Life style systems cost around 3.5 to 3.8 lakhs. I dont think this is VFM.
We can build 10 speaker system, with good AVR + 2 sub + power amp with this price.

May be bose acoustimas speakers worth considering for 90k.

What are your options to compare for the ones in Bold ?

But Arjun, none of those have been specified as objectives/constraints by the OP - who surprisingly, hasn’t said anything after his one liner opening post. It’s only been FM’s debating with each other. Also shows that Bose remains a highly polarising brand.

True.. and thats what I had asked in my earlier post
What is it that you are looking for and what size is the room you are planning it for ?

If you are looking for the best quality of sound for the lowest price and low constrains on Space taken then automatically bose will excuse itself.

..Also shows that Bose remains a highly polarising brand.

Just on this post, its actually true but Bose is a simple decision in many ways. It has turned into unnecessary audiophile/HT'Phile punching bag almost like a rite of passage .

In reality It is not even targeted at this group but for those looking at a lifestyle system and is more value for money in that space for what it does.

Last edited:
Sound in glass rooms can get pretty loud because of reflections and give an impression of chota packet bada dhamaka.. :D
Many years back, i took demo of a Bose 5.1 system ( Dont remember the model num ) that was around 10 years back if i recall correctly.
Square shaped complete Glass room.
I was so unimpressed. I wondered what the fuss is all about Bose. 5.1 systems were suppposed to be amazing and the demo i took was of Book of Eli, which was recently released back then.

True.. and thats what I had asked in my earlier post

Yeah, you did. So, aren’t there any audiophile options with similar value propositions as Bose Lifestyle? And if not, does it suggest that it’s practically impossible (with available technology) to make audiophillic music with those dimensions and simplicity?

Yeah, you did. So, aren’t there any audiophile options with similar value propositions as Bose Lifestyle? And if not, does it suggest that it’s practically impossible (with available technology) to make audiophillic music with those dimensions and simplicity?
Cost and aesthetics wise, it is possible to put together a system similar in features and better SQ, capability, etc.

Speaker-wise there are many companies that make SFF units. Eg ...
- MA Radius Series (pics here --> https://www.hifivision.com/threads/monitor-audio-radius-45-cubes.73845/)
- Morel
- CA Minx
- KEF Egg
- BW mini-theater series

AVRs can be had from the usual mass-market players:
- Pioneer
- Marantz
- Yamaha
- Denon

It's not rocket science. It just takes time and patience to source the components and match them up.
Cheers,
Raghu

I won't get into the Bose is good or bad debate. But, for slightly more outlay, you could get the B&W MT50D/MT60D 5.1 system and hook it up to a mid range AVR. Small footprint, good sound and will score high on the WAF.

No by still supporting oldschool box systems, so that companies dont need to look too hard for a break through in audio - by making more ways to reproduce sound other than speakers. Comparing advancements in other area, sound reproduction techniques are very slowly developing.

25 years back mobile phones with touch screen costed alot. More research and now we have super dirt cheap phones better than those super expensive stuff.

With audio if we look at amps from 80s and the current day one, its only a sideways upgrade at the best.

Bose is a company atleast trying to do the research in the right direction, shrinking the products yet sounding decent now. But as time goes by companies who 'think out of the box' may only really contribute to the science. In my eyes all so called hifi companies are just making various cocktails ofwhat is known since the beginning of audio reproduction.

And yes, all that without objectively satisfying an acceptable standard.

The big question is what audio system you have, is it Bose or a 80's style system? If you own Bose then all your points looks relevant.

Many years back, i took demo of a Bose 5.1 system ( Dont remember the model num ) that was around 10 years back if i recall correctly.
Square shaped complete Glass room.
I was so unimpressed. I wondered what the fuss is all about Bose. 5.1 systems were suppposed to be amazing and the demo i took was of Book of Eli, which was recently released back then.
Glass room makes the volume louder .. that impresses first time casual listeners..

While Bose i
Cost and aesthetics wise, it is possible to put together a system similar in features and better SQ, capability, etc.

It's not rocket science. It just takes time and patience to source the components and match them up.
Cheers,
Raghu

I do agree with you on this..folks whom I know who preferred Bose is they dont want a big AVR and the whole complexity of operating and setting up one and as per them Bose is a lot easier. And then there is a brand name which they feel is premium in their drawing rooms

We are of course talking of the majority of the population who want a music system...not the <5% we represent.

Last edited:
The big question is what audio system you have, is it Bose or a 80's style system? If you own Bose then all your points looks relevant.
I have floorstanders weighing 25kg each ;) i hate those taking up my living space though. I was not saying one is completely better than other. I am saying depending on your use case you may feel one better than other. Again not everyone needs big boxes in their living room.

What are your options to compare for the ones in Bold ?
I agree low space usage, ease of setup is better with Bose.
But Do you think 3.8 lakhs price is worth for this.... ?. If you have less space there are lot of other satellite speakers available in the market and one can go for it.

For 3.8 lakhs there are lot of good speaker + AVR combo available in market which will sound phenomenal.

Regarding brand value i don't think people respect Bose well in audiophile world.

If still some one want to stick with bose , one can go for their Bose Acoustimas speakers + pair with any AVR. This way, cost would be 1.2 lakhs to 1.5 lakhs depends on AVR purchase.

Strictly in a lighter vein::D

Some say sony is the best. Some say anything but Bose!

To each his own I guess!

PS: Should I be p.c and say "to each his/her/their own"

I agree low space usage, ease of setup is better with Bose.
But Do you think 3.8 lakhs price is worth for this.... ?. If you have less space there are lot of other satellite speakers available in the market and one can go for it.

For 3.8 lakhs there are lot of good speaker + AVR combo available in market which will sound phenomenal.

I dont think its worth it for me, but there are people who do . To compare Bose is a 4B USD company and B&W is a little less than 200M USD company so its 20 times bigger.

Regarding brand value i don't think people respect Bose well in audiophile world.

If still some one want to stick with bose , one can go for their Bose Acoustimas speakers + pair with any AVR. This way, cost would be 1.2 lakhs to 1.5 lakhs depends on AVR purchase.

Bose does not care about audiophiles as their market. it is not meant for audiophiles but for people who can afford to pay for convenience, small size and brand premium which is a much larger market to them.

Funnily every audiophile beats it up but it was never meant for us.. almost like criticising the rose in your neighbours garden saying it does not smell good :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back