Lifestyle® 650 home entertainment system of Bose

Bose does not care about audiophiles as their market. it is not meant for audiophiles but for people who can afford to pay for convenience, small size and brand premium which is a much larger market to them.

Funnily every audiophile beats it up but it was never meant for us.. almost like criticising the rose in your neighbours garden saying it does not smell good :)

Very true, it is meant for people who want hassle free decent sound , good looks, uncomplicated connections in a compact package. Those who are satisfied by the sound, can afford it & want to look no further will buy Bose. For those who want more & VFM will go for separates.
One has to give them credit for isolating the low frequency sound from the high's in a separate unit which can be hidden.

Interestingly , if i remember right , it was Sonus faber which came up with the first Sub Sat setup and was called the snail. Bose was actually better of with DSP and I believe thats where his patents also were.

sf_snail.jpg

Interestingly , if i remember right , it was Sonus faber which came up with the first Sub Sat setup and was called the snail. Bose was actually better of with DSP and I believe thats where his patents also were.

Wow, that looks extraterrestrial. I stand to be corrected. Thanks for the info.

sf_snail.jpg

Man, that is so cool. Atleast it has a proper midrange driver and tweeter and a pair of woofers to cover the full frequency range. The bose jewel cube system has a big hole in the midrange area that you can drive a truck through. Play Johnny cash and you see the hole in its glory.

<pic snip>
This is dope!!
Cheers,
Raghu

Isn’t it interesting that when we use the term ‘lifestyle products’ we mean a specific lifestyle - mostly the socially conscious upper middle class urban lifestyle? What about other lifestyles? Like the urban lower middle class lifestyle, agrarian/rural lifestyle, tribal lifestyle, even urban alternate lifestyle (eg techie lifestyle, hippie lifestyle etc)... and so on?

Take the product Saregama Caravan - it clearly is aimed at a specific lifestyle - ‘the retired lifestyle’. But no one will call it a ‘lifestyle product’. Most products we discuss here are aimed at a ‘techie lifestyle’ to be frank - audiophiles are technically inclined. But it’s not acknowledged as one.

Language impacts our thoughts and aspirations. Marketers know that very well.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back