List of best 5.1 speakers below 50k !

Polk speakers go well with Onkyo,Yamaha & even Denon very well.You can get demo & check which you like.PSW 125 is budget SW & not that very best.

Here is one option for 5.1 speakers that should be a game-changer for the ultra low budget market:

Monoprice 8247:

Monoprice 8247 Overview & Specs - Surround Speaker Systems - CNET Reviews

I was informed by the dealer that he is getting these speakers in his next shipment. He didnt reveal the price but I dont think they would be more than 10k. If that's the case then I think they would be a much better bet than the speakers that come along with HTiBs like Onkyo 3400 etc.

Looking forward to someone from our forum buying these and letting us know the review/experience.

Last edited:
hi All,
What you guys thing on Onkyo 609 AVR with
Pioneer SP-PK21BS - or Energy Take Classic

where can i audition these and purchase them any idea???

jeetg

hi All,
What you guys thing on Onkyo 609 AVR with
Pioneer SP-PK21BS - or Energy Take Classic

where can i audition these and purchase them any idea???

jeetg

Onkyo AVR usually said to be bright,so the speakers you mentioned.So it may not be pleasant match.Think of Q acoustic.

Thank you , currently to start with i m planning to so for regular 5.1 set, later i want to upgrade and include FS...slowly to build it.. wat do you say?? any suggestions to start with???

Some interesting reading on this thread. My requirement is a little different but related to some of the comments here. Please help me out:

For the past few years I have been using a stereo system with Norge 2060 amp + Mordaunt-Short Avant 902i bookshelf speakers. Now I am getting the urge to have a surround system that will be of use for movie and concert watching.

My home entertainment area is quite compact: 8 ft is distance between TV/Speakers and couch and 4 ft is max possible distance between front speakers placed on top of shelf with the TV. I feel that my current bookshelf speakers will be adequate as fronts. Please recommend me center and rear speakers that will match my requirement. I'm not opting for a sub-woofer right away because I feel bass coming from my current speakers is adequate for me, no need to rattle the windows or rouse the neighbors. Also please recommend a reasonable receiver that will be good for stereo music and have HDMI input for my HTPC with blu-ray drive for surround audio in movies. Denon 1312 is a possibility I have in mind, let me know if other suitable options exist for me.

I assume such a system should be obtained within 50,000 (not including cost of fronts). Also what kind of wiring should I go for, and what sort of supports I should have for center and rear speakers? Currently my front speakers are placed on a wooden surface, should I make any change there?

Last edited:
Strange why Sonodyne Sonus range is missed in this thread.

Sonodyne Sonus 2605 (FS) - 26K, Sonodyne Sonus 2504 (FS) - 17K, Sonodyne Sonus 1501 (BS) - 9K, Sonodyne Sonus C2401 (Center)- 6K, Sonodyne Sonus Rears (Dipole Surround) - 10K, Also they have 3 different subs in the range of 15 - 25K.

Mix match your combination depending on your requirement, you have a classy HT. it might easily beat the other foreign brands in 50K segment.

why not sonodyne or wharfedale under 50k sets
..I am just asking may be I will be buying after 6 moonths from now..I am not audio expert also.so dont know the details.hehe.just asking for curiorisity....
oops just checked elangoes mentioned sonodyne

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back