List of best 5.1 speakers below 50k !

Polk speakers go well with Onkyo,Yamaha & even Denon very well.You can get demo & check which you like.PSW 125 is budget SW & not that very best.

Here is one option for 5.1 speakers that should be a game-changer for the ultra low budget market:

Monoprice 8247:

Monoprice 8247 Overview & Specs - Surround Speaker Systems - CNET Reviews

I was informed by the dealer that he is getting these speakers in his next shipment. He didnt reveal the price but I dont think they would be more than 10k. If that's the case then I think they would be a much better bet than the speakers that come along with HTiBs like Onkyo 3400 etc.

Looking forward to someone from our forum buying these and letting us know the review/experience.

Last edited:
hi All,
What you guys thing on Onkyo 609 AVR with
Pioneer SP-PK21BS - or Energy Take Classic

where can i audition these and purchase them any idea???

jeetg

hi All,
What you guys thing on Onkyo 609 AVR with
Pioneer SP-PK21BS - or Energy Take Classic

where can i audition these and purchase them any idea???

jeetg

Onkyo AVR usually said to be bright,so the speakers you mentioned.So it may not be pleasant match.Think of Q acoustic.

Thank you , currently to start with i m planning to so for regular 5.1 set, later i want to upgrade and include FS...slowly to build it.. wat do you say?? any suggestions to start with???

Some interesting reading on this thread. My requirement is a little different but related to some of the comments here. Please help me out:

For the past few years I have been using a stereo system with Norge 2060 amp + Mordaunt-Short Avant 902i bookshelf speakers. Now I am getting the urge to have a surround system that will be of use for movie and concert watching.

My home entertainment area is quite compact: 8 ft is distance between TV/Speakers and couch and 4 ft is max possible distance between front speakers placed on top of shelf with the TV. I feel that my current bookshelf speakers will be adequate as fronts. Please recommend me center and rear speakers that will match my requirement. I'm not opting for a sub-woofer right away because I feel bass coming from my current speakers is adequate for me, no need to rattle the windows or rouse the neighbors. Also please recommend a reasonable receiver that will be good for stereo music and have HDMI input for my HTPC with blu-ray drive for surround audio in movies. Denon 1312 is a possibility I have in mind, let me know if other suitable options exist for me.

I assume such a system should be obtained within 50,000 (not including cost of fronts). Also what kind of wiring should I go for, and what sort of supports I should have for center and rear speakers? Currently my front speakers are placed on a wooden surface, should I make any change there?

Last edited:
Strange why Sonodyne Sonus range is missed in this thread.

Sonodyne Sonus 2605 (FS) - 26K, Sonodyne Sonus 2504 (FS) - 17K, Sonodyne Sonus 1501 (BS) - 9K, Sonodyne Sonus C2401 (Center)- 6K, Sonodyne Sonus Rears (Dipole Surround) - 10K, Also they have 3 different subs in the range of 15 - 25K.

Mix match your combination depending on your requirement, you have a classy HT. it might easily beat the other foreign brands in 50K segment.

why not sonodyne or wharfedale under 50k sets
..I am just asking may be I will be buying after 6 moonths from now..I am not audio expert also.so dont know the details.hehe.just asking for curiorisity....
oops just checked elangoes mentioned sonodyne

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back