Listening Impression - Shanti's System

Hi Shanti, I like your rack. Can you please shed some details on what it is made of.

2 layers of MDF & Marine Ply with a 'acoustic deadner' in the middle as a 'dampner'
The entire rack was then painted in a car auto paint shop.

The Amp stand is further more linned with real wood strips & has a thermacole base. Final finish is the same on all tack & stand [automotive paint] !

A close-up of Shanti's Canasya monoblock with the purplish glow of the 845 tubes

Attachments

• Canasya Purplish Glow.jpg
    Canasya Purplish Glow.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 487
Nice;

I too have a few pics - lights off & tubes on.
Will look for them & post.
Else will take fresh pics & post.

BTW - your friends that came with you - are they forum members too ?:eek:hyeah:

BTW - your friends that came with you - are they forum members too ?:eek:hyeah:

No, neither of them are on the forum.

BTW, they got withdrawal symptoms after the visit. They don't want to listen to their own systems anymore:lol: Will take them some more days to come back to terra firma.
Joshua

Someone visited my place;
He wrote this to me in a mail.
I have posted it here;
Hope that is OK with the MOD !

I can say I have been to more shows than any other Indian, barring yourself (in UK and USA). That was possible because of my job, and nothing else.
All I cant say is " I heard a live concert in your house". The musicians were present without them being physically seen. And that for me that is "Heaven, nirvana". If you have that you have it all.
I had an album called "Three Way Mirror", I am not certain. But certain I am of the fact it had Airto Moreira, Flora Purim. That record was the closest I came to reality. But suffice it is to say ur system is "par excellent" Cadence in Mundhwa did NOTHING FOR ME.
But it was nice of Amba to bring it over, and that was that.
I went to see Ali yesterday.
He has made a platform, idea from Sound Platforms. He is thinking of bringing it over on the second sunday of september. He wants your opinion.
I am waiting for the result.
If he is coming and you dont mind the intrusion, I would like to also visit. I f I may come ONLY FOR THE DISCUSSION OF THE PLATFORM. I DONT WISH TO IMPOSE.

:clapping:

@ SHANTI,

What can i say??!!!

Beautiful, beautiful,.. beautiful. Every post of your's has only made me wonder about the setup you might have, and to be seeing the pics :). Truly, a lovely rig.
Thanks to the OP for this thread :)

Cheers

Last edited:
This is nothing but sheer poetry. If heaven doesn't have this, i will want to stay in Shanti's home for eternity.

Sir,

Do come for a listen;

You are most welcome...

In fact, I am not working this entire week.
Lots of holidays - you can come on any day.
Just call me & drop by...

We can spend some time with music. Should be fun & relaxing.

Sir,

Do come for a listen;

You are most welcome...

In fact, I am not working this entire week.
Lots of holidays - you can come on any day.
Just call me & drop by...

We can spend some time with music. Should be fun & relaxing.
Dearest Shanti,
Thanks for such a generous offer and an invitation to heaven.I cannot thank you enough.:yahoo:
Sadly if you can see my location happens to be Nagpur.:sad:

However i do own a Worli Sea face flat in Mumbai ,Poachkhanwala road which i have rented out and will be coming there to collect rent next month.

Then i had like the invitation again at your preference date and time weekends. Could bring some fine wine along from France which i collected this last tour if you are into this stuff...
And this time i intend to blow all the rent money i get on the speakers. :D
Thanks for the offer again.Please kindly do post/PM me your address as per your comfort zone. Words dont exists right now to show how much i wish to be fore this setup for even 1 sec of life.
There after i'll make peace with the world.:indifferent14:

Dearest Shanti,
Thanks for such a generous offer and an invitation to heaven.I cannot thank you enough.:yahoo:
Sadly if you can see my location happens to be Nagpur.:sad:

However i do own a Worli Sea face flat in Mumbai ,Poachkhanwala road which i have rented out and will be coming there to collect rent next month.

Then i had like the invitation again at your preference date and time weekends. Could bring some fine wine along from France which i collected this last tour if you are into this stuff...
And this time i intend to blow all the rent money i get on the speakers. :D
Thanks for the offer again.Please kindly do post/PM me your address as per your comfort zone. Words dont exists right now to show how much i wish to be fore this setup for even 1 sec of life.
There after i'll make peace with the world.:indifferent14:

Yes;
I will.
We shall meet.
BTW - I just got my Diwali Gift - 2 Cables arrived.
Pics are attached :-

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Siltech Golden Firewire 13944 & Golden USB.
Just connected them in;;

Looks classy. What's the firewire for?
Joshua

Hello Sir !

How are you ? Been a while;
When do we meet ? Do come over, always a pleasure to meet you.

To get to your question;
The dCS Upsampler & dCS DAC are connected with a Firewire 13944 Cable.
I used to use a Revolution Audio - just changed it to Siltech Golden Firewire - 13944.

Pic is attached :-

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello Sir !

How are you ? Been a while;
When do we meet ? Do come over, always a pleasure to meet you.

To get to your question;
The dCS Upsampler & dCS DAC are connected with a Firewire 13944 Cable.
I used to use a Revolution Audio - just changed it to Siltech Golden Firewire - 13944.

Yeah, long time no see:)

dCS is clever to use Firewire. Why can't DACs be Firewire instead of struggling with async USB? Is that because the computer industry is moving from Firewire to USB? One hardly sees new laptops with Firewire ports these days.

Got the Siltechs from Cadence, or direct from Siltech?

Yeah, long time no see:)

dCS is clever to use Firewire. Why can't DACs be Firewire instead of struggling with async USB? Is that because the computer industry is moving from Firewire to USB? One hardly sees new laptops with Firewire ports these days.

Got the Siltechs from Cadence, or direct from Siltech?

Lots of 'hairy' questions;

Firewire is an Apple format - I think.
I do not like Apple products, but the 13944 is way way better than USB - no comparo;
I used to use a 13944 DAC from Weiss & really liked the hi rez ability.

No Audio Companies have chosen 13944.
All have used USB [free] & a few have chosen HDMI for Audio - MBL & Veikan [Opus] etc.
The 13944 is better than USB for sure.
All said, my Computer to Upsampler too is on USB - Sad !
Hence, I got 3 Cables....

I was suggested the cable change by Cadence.
Mr. AS was very much instrumental in my getting the Siltech Cables - I must thank him for it. After all - Siltech is 'owned' by Cadence;;;:eek:hyeah:

It is a 'nice' Cable ! no 2 ways about that;;;
:)

Hi Shanti,

thanks for the update, how much did you end up paying for the siltech's???

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back