Listening Impression - Shanti's System

After the earlier exchange, shudder at the thot of asking, Rs. or US$?

Tidal

I do hope that the link helps to clear things out; My speaker is the TAD = Tidal Amea Diacera [30mm T & P Accuton Diamond Tweeter]

p.s. When in doubt - use google - more often than not, it will find the correct answer for you;

p.s.s. The USB Cable retails for 2/-K [I think] - Siltech G-7 Golden i.e. [US $'s I mean - just in case there was some confusion] !!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The USB Cable in use - connected to the rear of the dCS Scarlatti.

1 more pic -

Last edited:
After the earlier exchange, shudder at the thot of asking, Rs. or US$?

Sir,

Rs. 42/-K will not even buy the issolation that the speaker sits on:::

Stillpoints Ultra Footers | KOSMIC.us

The Model is the Still Points Ultra SS @ US $'s 220/- per piece !!
The TAD needs 6 per pair of speakers..

p.s. Each Tweeter from T & P - Accuton - 30mm Diamond retails for Euro 4550/- p.p. [I am sure all these parts can be googled by you]

p.s.s. This is the ONLY Speaker in the world that has this tweeter installed in it. No other speaker maker has a 30mm Diamond installed in any stand mount speaker...at least I am not aware - please do correct me if I have been illinformed - always ready to learn...

Accuton Thiel-Lautsprecher

The price has 'drifted' south from 4550 to 3550 [over the past 3 years]
This link will put things in perspective...

Most Speakers in the world use Tweeters that cost under 200 Euro's [I may be wrong - but that is a ball park figure I have quoted] sure you can check on parts express etc.
Like in this link :-
http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/accuton/
These too are from T & P Accuton & they are an expensive driver maker from Germany...

I do hope these links shed some light...
Please do feel free to ask any questions - that is the only way to move forward;;;:licklips:

Last edited:
Cos other than Shuguang make 845s?

What does this mean pl.?

I guess catholic here does not mean a religion. It means universal or eclectic.
A catholic taste in music would mean one spanning across all genres and types.

This is definitely the thread to watch out for in this forum. The pictures and the gear are simply awesome.
I wonder how much $$$ Shanti has spent so far in his audiophile journey. It definitely must be a fortune.
Hats off to you !

Yes indeed this thread bears watching, and reading.Hats off to Shanti for pursuing his passion. If Bombay was any closer I would have made a trip there to do an audition..

Shantiji, was aware of this all along.... No disrespect meant.

Was only trying to drive this point (42k) home, for the other visitors to this thread.

This is similar to another thread I was following on the Siltech SC1s (Pantheon).

moktan explained it better than I can ever hope to!
As he has mentioned before, Shanti has a dizzying array of music collection spanning most genres. Hence the term catholic in the adjective, not in the noun.

@shantisir
wow !!! those speakers are lovely. you are very passionate about your hobby. Thats what audiophiles are made of :thumbsup:. As everyone has said. hats off to you.
Regards
addition : I would suggest after all equipments are setup. Please post comprehensive review and make this thread sticky.

Last edited:
...and I spotted a Triumph behind the window...Dear Shanti, you seem to have real eclectic taste :clapping:

BTW...which single malt do you prefer?

I saw the Triumph too but I think that photo is in Germany when the speaker was being assembled/tested.

Single malts need their own thread :)

I saw the Triumph too but I think that photo is in Germany when the speaker was being assembled/tested.

Single malts need their own thread :)

Hmmm...my bad :p saw Shanti's comment between the pics...

And yes, single malt thread badly needed...one coming up...

thanx. learnt yet another new nugget on this forum. had never heard it used in this context before.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back