Listening Impression - Shanti's System

1394 is actually an IEEE standard, the society of electrical and electronic engineers. Another well-known IEEE standard is the Wifi standards 802.xy series. It is not at all an Apple invention.

:D Shanti, I'm a bit confused, is it Rs. 2000/- per metre or Rs. 2 lacs per metre??? :rolleyes:

Kindly clarify ;)

:D Shanti, I'm a bit confused, is it Rs. 2000/- per metre or Rs. 2 lacs per metre??? :rolleyes:

Kindly clarify ;)

Sir,

You are a 'smart' fellow;
Such questions - I am surprised...

The Cable is the Top of the Line Siltech G7 Emperor Golden Series.
I also placed a link for it - I am sure you saw that.

Each Cable is listed @ US $'s 2,000/- [Rs. 100K/- per meter] !!:D
I do hope this makes things rather clear....
:sad:

Sir,

You are a 'smart' fellow;
Such questions - I am surprised...

The Cable is the Top of the Line Siltech G7 Emperor Golden Series.
I also placed a link for it - I am sure you saw that.

Each Cable is listed @ US $'s 2,000/- [Rs. 100K/- per meter] !!:D
I do hope this makes things rather clear....
:sad:

LOUD & CLEAR SHANTI!!!:cool:

Was just pulling your leg:p

hi Shanti,
could you explain how and why you zeroed in the respective sections of your setup (eg pc based instead of cd .Why these specific speakers etc). Also what does the total setup cost and is it possible to replicate this on a smaller scale?

Regds

hi Shanti,
could you explain how and why you zeroed in the respective sections of your setup (eg pc based instead of cd .Why these specific speakers etc). Also what does the total setup cost and is it possible to replicate this on a smaller scale?

Regds

Hi !

You have asked lots of questions;
I shall try and address it - one by one.

I have 5K ++ CD's
Yes, I found Computer Audio to be 'Better' - hence I shifted. I still have my CD's but also have 14TB of Music in Flac & Wave.

The TAD I use is the best sounding stand mount speaker I have heard.
If there was better, I would have purchased it - simple.

Tidal
[my speaker is here]

The dCS Scarlatti is also the best sounding digital front end - to my ears. I have not heard better - I did audition a lot - globally & also in my house & the dCS 'sounded' the best to my ears - so I got it.

Amplifier is a 'grey' area.
I used to have a Top of the Line Solid State Amplification from Denmark - GAD - Gryphon Audio Design - The Cadence Canasya improved on it, so I changed it.
If I hear a better amplifier in my house - I will change the CC too.

I work on a very simple rule - if I have a product that gets improved upon, I but it - no 2 questions asked.

Cost ?
This is a very simple thing to address - just google all the components - you will get an answer - most prices are available on line - spend some time & look around.

My Scale is very very small.
That is why I use a stand mount;
If I had the space, my set up would be on a much much bigger scale.
I truly believe that my set up is a marvel on a small scale.
It will be difficult to improve it from here - given my room constraints.

I will write details of what I use - in a following post.

Best Regards,
:cool:

This is what I use :-

dCS Scarlatti Upsampler [Serial Number SUP6429 Reference Number DA5021A]
dCS Scarlatti DAC [Serial Number SDC6817 Referance Number DA5021C]
dCS Scarlatti Master Clock [Serial Number SCK7074 Referance Number DA5156A]
T.A.D. - Tidal Audio Diacera [Diamond + Ceramic] - Custom made - 30mm [T & P]
Diamond Tweeter + 7" Black Ceramic Woofer [T & P] - Germany
Cadence Canasya - 845 Tube Mono Block Power Amplifier [Serial # 200049 & 200050]
Echole Obsession - 6' Oyaide 15 Amps to Oyaide IEC - Power Cord X 02 pieces - Serial #'s
Bertram Audio Cables 1.5 M Xshadow RCA un-balanced Interconnects - Denmark
Bertram Audio Cables 1.5 M Oyaide - BNC Digital Interconnects - Denmark
Bertram Audio Cables 1.5 M Oyaide MF Euro to 20A IEC Ultima Ref Power Cable - Denmark
Bertram Audio Cables 2.0 M Spade Model 8 Speaker Cable Denmark
Siltech Audio Cables Royal Signature Golden Universal A to B Serial # SG00621059
Siltech Audio Cables Royal Signature Golden Firewire 1394 - 400 Serial # SG00620131
Silencable Symphony AC Link - 2.0M Oyaide Euro Schuko to Oyaide IEC - Serial #'s 887 & 888 Silencable - Symphony Speaker Link - 2.5M 4 spade [Cardas] to 2 spade [Cardas] - Serial # 0889

Hope I have covered all.

Each & every product can be googled - I suppose...
All the Best !

could you explain how and why you zeroed in the respective sections of your setup (eg pc based instead of cd .Why these specific speakers etc). Also what does the total setup cost and is it possible to replicate this on a smaller scale?Regds

Hi !
The speaker I use - was actually 'commissioned' by me.
Jorn is a dear friend from Germany - We met in 2003 in Frankfurt.
I liked his work & wanted a speaker made for my room.
You see, I like Acuton Drivers from T & P [Theil & Partner] & I do believe that Jorn knows how to work with them - the best - imho.

I needed a stand mount - 2 way & it had to use a 30mm Diamond.
No one else in the world used this tweeter - so I was obliged to have Jorn make the speaker for me.

Mine is a 'signature black' version.
Most T & P Woofers are white - mine is 'black' [custom] !
I was behind Jorn for 2 years & finally in 2008 it was made for me.
It went into production & can be purchased, but there is no commercial market for a speaker that retails @ 42/-K !!! :eek:hyeah:
Only 1 other pair was sold - in Japan - I was told. That too with white woofers.....

But, all said, I love its sound & what can I say, 'it floats my boat' !! simple !! :yahoo:

Last edited:
Hi Shanti, thank you very much for sharing a part of visual pieces of your audio journey. Each of those shines like an exquisite piece of jewelry.:eek:hyeah:

Hi Shanti, thank you very much for sharing a part of visual pieces of your audio journey. Each of those shines like an exquisite piece of jewelry.:eek:hyeah:

Thanks for your kind words - your visit @ home is o/s !

Another pic for you;

This is with Meridian & Bow Tech CD Player....

he Amplification is still G.A.D. from Denmark..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is a pic with the GamuT L5 Speaker & full GAD front end & electronics - Camelot Technologies 4 box CD Player too was used...

Great series of pics. Keep them coming (I'm sure there are more:lol:)

BTW, what are the four boxes in the Camelot? I can think of transport, DAC, power supply (correct me if I'm wrong). I am at a loss for the fourth! Please enlighten.

BTW, what are the four boxes in the Camelot? I can think of transport, DAC, power supply (correct me if I'm wrong). I am at a loss for the fourth! Please enlighten.

Sure;

Transport
DAC
P/S for DAC
Jitter Box - Basically the one on the top;

This model has been stopped -

Precision Jitter Reduction Device
De-jitters any 32, 44, 48, and 96 kHz signal, including CD, 24/96 audio-only DVD, Dolby Digital and DTS materialAC-3/DTS/96kHz compatibility
Ultra-low jitter clock recovery system utilizing Dual PLLs with Crystal Semiconductor 8414 Input Receiver, 8404 Data Transmitter
Selectable 18 and 20-bit Resolution Enhancement for 16-bit/44 kHz CDs
5 or 6-pin IS input and output
Compatible with any Dolby Digital or DTS Digital Surround Processor/Receiver
5 digital inputs: Coaxial, TOSlink, IS (5- or 6-pin), AES/EBU, optional ST Glass
3 digital outputs: Coaxial, IS (5- or 6-pin), AES/EBU
Onboard Power Supply with detachable A.C. Power Cord

The Dragon Pro 3 MK III is what I had - if I remember correct;
Sold all 4 together as a set for a 'song' to a dear friend - he still has it...
Now it is used with Cadence Amp & Speakers.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back