Listening Impression - Shanti's System

Denom, yes Bhagwan has advised in #369 about cables etc., and who should know better than him, as he passionately owned and cared for these amps for 3 years and has hooked them up with some top of the line speakers in it's time I am sure. And the upgrade he proposed in #369 is far more attainable than the upgrade he proposed in #317:sad:

I though he bought them in 2009... That makes it 5 years!

Anyhoo, 3 or 5, ozz, you have a really awesome pair of amps. Have heard them in Bhagwans set up with the Tidals...

Your speakers are good IMHO. But you can upgrade them later if you need to.

For dac, the new Marantz is superb as is the AMR 777.

Hi Malvai, thanks for the suggestions. Didn't know that Marantz had a stand alone DAC, let alone one that would be considered a super one at that. The AMR DP-777 does have good reviews and will keep this in mind

Denom, keeping the faith. The future hopefully is good. This is a wonderful hobby which I have been enjoying since the past one year, and hope to enjoy for many years to come.

Ozzstriker,

Don't change your PMC OB1i's just yet. They are very capable speakers IMO but more importantly too many changes too quickly can confuse things. My recommendation is start working on your source - the Oppo first and then the DAC if you feel the need.

Regards.

+ 1 - Wise Suggestion;
Thank You.

The Speaker is Good.
The DAC too is good.

Spend some time with them.
Finish this year.

Now, you will slowly begin to develop a taste for the good & finer things in Audio...Bask in their glory - before they start to bug you - they will - but that will take a bit of time to do....

Until then, enjoy the 2 new friends you have at your house;
More later...
:licklips:

What about the Super Bhagwan who ozzy knows for well over 20 odd years???

Needless to say, even Bhagwan will acknowledge this fact ;)

I suppose, Denom is referring to KJ;
The Speakers were sold to 'O' by 'super bhagwan'
So, best advise & technical support & set up etc. is all from the house of Nexus Audio Video. As good as it can get.

Mortals like me, are [can hope] only adding very little to the larger scale of things.
Most of the work - suggestion - upgrade etc. is all being done with the help & support of Mr. KJ & believe in me - 'O' is in the best hands....

Bhagwan will acknowledge this fact
I have surely learnt a lot from Mr. KJ & I do owe him a lot for his help & support. No 2 ways about that....
Been a great friend & well wisher & wealth of great resources & knowledge that he is always so ready to impart. Kudos to him !

Bhagwan is always ready to help anyone who needs his advice. I think he would have helped as much even if I had not bought stuff from him. He is genuinely interested in promoting his passion and will help anyone who needs guidance.....

Thanks 'O' !
I could not agree with you more...
True - even if you were not someone that had purchased my CC & Allnic, I would have helped you.
I still say, that the CC is a great amplifier & any person that buys it, will always get any help support etc what ever is needed - even if I do not have it for sale etc.
Same goes for any aspiring / budding audiophile - any help I can offer - is & will always be forthcomming...

I though he bought them in 2009... That makes it 5 years!
Anyhoo, 3 or 5, ozz, you have a really awesome pair of amps. Have heard them in Bhagwans set up with the Tidals...

Spot on.
I did purchase them in 2009.
However, I had the Gryphon Audio Design as my Pre & Power then.
I just purchased the CC from the Indian / Mumbai D & D at that time and kept them in his / my Warehouse - Packed.
I only opened them, when my room changed & I could keep Mono Amps in place of a Stereo Amplifier. In my old room, I could not keep any Mono Amps = No Space.
vevono.jpg

This happened 2 years later.
So the CC was opened in 2011.
Purchased in 2009 from Horniman Circle - Botawala Building - 4th floor - Cadence Dealer [now closed] & opened / installed in 2011.

Besides, in the 'middle' after the dCS got sold & I did not have a Pre - I had shifted to the Accuphase E-550. Then again the CC was packed & moved out.
Later I got the Allnic & moved the Accuphase out & re-started the CC with the Allnic for its last 'journey' @ my house.

Hi Malvai, thanks for the suggestions. Didn't know that Marantz had a stand alone DAC, let alone one that would be considered a super one at that. The AMR DP-777 does have good reviews and will keep this in mind
You can go to Andheri & listen to it.
Karan Amps.
PMC Speakers.
Same person, I got you in touch with - for the Computer.
He currently has by Blue Jeans USB Cable for trial & has purchased 2 sets of Bertram I/C's for his set up.
The DAC can be auditioned there.
Take your Bryston to his place & listen to both - side by side.
Cannot get a better chance - imho.
All the Best !

You can go to Andheri & listen to it.
Karan Amps.
PMC Speakers.
Same person, I got you in touch with - for the Computer.
He currently has by Blue Jeans USB Cable for trial & has purchased 2 sets of Bertram I/C's for his set up.
The DAC can be auditioned there.
Take your Bryston to his place & listen to both - side by side.
Cannot get a better chance - imho.
All the Best !

Bhagwan, thanks again for all the advice. I will call up the said gentleman an co-ordinate with him. Right now recuperating from a minor surgery so everything is at a standstill. By the end of this week, I will be in better shape, hopefully.

Bhagwan, thanks again for all the advice. I will call up the said gentleman an co-ordinate with him. Right now recuperating from a minor surgery so everything is at a standstill. By the end of this week, I will be in better shape, hopefully.

Said gentleman is going thru' wholesale (fancy:)) power cable upgrade so waiting a bit for burn in may help. Also, do take along your fav CDs for a comparo of CD playback v/s computer playback. You can quickly rip some tracks and do an A/B.

Said gentleman is going thru' wholesale (fancy:)) power cable upgrade so waiting a bit for burn in may help. Also, do take along your fav CDs for a comparo of CD playback v/s computer playback. You can quickly rip some tracks and do an A/B.

Will do JLS, thanks......

.................................................................................

Last edited:
Came across this amp while researching for a high powered SET Amp but settled for a lower powered but far more affordable Dared SET amp. Once hooked on to SET amp, it is difficult to go back to even PP amps leave alone SS Amps. I'm sure this is in a different league and it would give years of listening pleasure to Mazher. Congratulations to you on the acquisition.

Came across this amp while researching for a high powered SET Amp but settled for a lower powered but far more affordable Dared SET amp. Once hooked on to SET amp, it is difficult to go back to even PP amps leave alone SS Amps. I'm sure this is in a different league and it would give years of listening pleasure to Mazher. Congratulations to you on the acquisition.

Thank You Sir;
Yes.
I am 'satisfied' !
Although this is made in China - I am taking it for what it plays like & not where it was built etc.

jsoni9.jpg

2q34utv.jpg

Also all this SET / PP / SS etc. is great for coffee table conversation etc. but at the end of the day all that matters is the final result - do you like it ?
Does it float your boat ? In this case, this Chinese Chop Suey has left me more than satisfied.....I do not regret this decision to buy even for 1 second..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back