Listening Impression - Shanti's System

Dear JLS, I respect your comments;
However, that foundation was 'false'
Yes, they were very well integrated & were almost sonically invisible - but the tone of the bass was very different from the tone of the rest of the speaker & they were a miss match - therefore I was forced to let them go.
Finding a sub that can match the TAD in speed & tone is proving to be a very difficult task indeed.
Maybe a new Speaker ?
Who knows - what lies ahead...:cool:

Hi Bhagwan,

Have you considered open baffle bass? I find that it works well in difficult rooms, especially when you're not using active room correction.

Hi Bhagwan,

Have you considered open baffle bass? I find that it works well in difficult rooms, especially when you're not using active room correction.

Hello !
I have heard O/B Bass a few times;
However, I have never tried it in my room.
What I need is 25 Hertz to 50 Hertz only.
Now, to get an O/B Sub is very difficult to operate at those frequencies.
Besides, I do not have the space to keep / install a sub of that size either.
:eek:hyeah:
Can you post a few links / pics of subs that I could use / consider.
It would be appreciated.
Thanks,
:)

Dear FM's......enjoying my every afternoon with the Allnic, CC's and my OB1i's. Though the Brystons were such a good match, i am amazed at the soundstage and imaging gains I am experiencing with the new amps. And the CC's are such a delight to the eye....even the wife who was quite circumspect about getting these into the living room has given these a thumbs up.

Question - a few FM's expressed their doubts regarding the OB1i's not living up to the Allnic/CC combo. Would like some opinions/suggestions on what speakers would be considered an upgrade from the OB1i's.......any suggestions are most welcome......

I ask as I am aware that a number of FMs have heard the Canasyas driving varios loudspeakers, and would like to have some opinions as to which direction to proceed in. I have seen first hand that the CC/PMC synergy is good, but was wondering, what other FMs have heard and liked.

Question - a few FM's expressed their doubts regarding the OB1i's not living up to the Allnic/CC combo. Would like some opinions/suggestions on what speakers would be considered an upgrade from the OB1i's.......any suggestions are most welcome......

I personally am satisfied with the combination;
I think it plays very well.
I would not suggest any upgrade.
Better Cables - Yes - 100 % Needed.
Work on the tweaks now - no need for any serious hardware changes.

All the Best !
Enjoy..
:)

For a stint, I had the PMC TB with Lyrita GM70. I loved how the PMC delivered the lows. It used to go <35 hertz. Eventually on the road tho hell, I fell in love with the Magnepan :)

Thanks Bhagwan. Yes, I will work on the cables as you have suggested. But was just wondering whether, if one had to choose a link in the system, that was a bit weaker than the others, what would those be? DAC and speakers? And what would the suggestions be. For the long term. I am asking so that I can keep my eyes and ears open, should an opportunity come by. :)

For a stint, I had the PMC TB with Lyrita GM70. I loved how the PMC delivered the lows. It used to go <35 hertz. Eventually on the road tho hell, I fell in love with the Magnepan :)

Heliumflight, thanks. Couldn't live with Magneplanars, simply because of their size and their looks don't particularly excite me. Also the TB is a PMC bookshelf, and if you liked the lows on them, then the OB1i's with double the TL length is a very well balanced speaker with excellent low freq. response.

Ozzstriker,

Don't change your PMC OB1i's just yet. They are very capable speakers IMO but more importantly too many changes too quickly can confuse things. My recommendation is start working on your source - the Oppo first and then the DAC if you feel the need.

Regards.

Ozzstriker,

Don't change your PMC OB1i's just yet. They are very capable speakers IMO but more importantly too many changes too quickly can confuse things. My recommendation is start working on your source - the Oppo first and then the DAC if you feel the need.

Regards.

Nikhil, thanks. Presently working on a PC source with the help of some experienced FM's. Also DAC......will look out. Any suggestions as to what would be an upgrade from the Bryston?

Thanks Bhagwan. Yes, I will work on the cables as you have suggested. But was just wondering whether, if one had to choose a link in the system, that was a bit weaker than the others, what would those be? DAC and speakers? And what would the suggestions be. For the long term. I am asking so that I can keep my eyes and ears open, should an opportunity come by. :)

i really believe you have all the components of a really good quality..Congrats ! now it is all about how you put them together including

Room Acoustic via placement
Power supply dedicated power, good power cables, ensuring power and signal cables are far away and cross over only at Right angles
Vibration Control

the above is unfortunately the most difficult to get right as there is no "best" in absolute terms..only what works with your system.

Once you do all of the above and still feel there is more is when you should even start looking at equipment upgrades.

And for a start the first is always the asource from a systematic point of view . speaker changes almost invariably impact your amp choice hence need to be more careful there

Thanks ARJ,

I have changed all power cables from the stock ones to PS Audio and Marigo Audio Labs. Also changed all wiring from main breaker panel to have a dedicated run to amps and front end (under guidance of FM Bhagwan). Separation I have not taken care of yet, which I will do. Thanks for your guidance.:)

you are being given guidance by a master :) dont need more

What about the Super Bhagwan who ozzy knows for well over 20 odd years???

Needless to say, even Bhagwan will acknowledge this fact ;)

Bhagwan is always ready to help anyone who needs his advice. I think he would have helped as much even if I had not bought stuff from him. He is genuinely interested in promoting his passion and will help anyone who needs guidance.....

Ozzy, in relation to your recent query, Bhagwan has already advised you in #369

:p

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back