Logitech Media Server (LMS) - Users Thread

I am new to Raspberry PI, familiar with LMS
I am planning to setup raspberry pi based player for LMS, with Picoreplayer + LMS.

Suggest me which RPI should I purchase, for following requirement ?
  • Can boot from USB Pen Drive. (Heard stories of SD card failures, hence pen drive)
  • USB DAC connect to RPI.
  • USB External 2.5 inch HDD connect to RPI. ( No NAS at premise ).
  • RPI should connect to WiFi (5 Ghz preferred).
Rpi4 would be ideal but availability is an issue

Thank you. Will await your screenshot. Not being able to browse using folder structure is a deal breaker for me.
My collection is 1.8 Terrabyte. mpd does that in less than 5 minutes. But it could be because mpd doesn't fetch things like album art, etc. It just creates a db with tags limited to artist, album, title, file creation time, track, genre, date, composer, performer, disc.
I was trying out LMS with max2play the other day. At least 3 Android clients can browse and play through folders - Squeeze Controller , Squeezer (both free) and Orange Squeeze (paid)

Pcp with LMS is ahead of moode, volumio when it comes to plugins and ease of use, once properly setup with material skin. Tidal connect is native and the info plug-ins are great too. Hard to go back to Moode. But I miss the Camilla dsp in moode as its hard to live without its PEQ/dsp features. Anyone implemented Camilla DSP in Picore? Seems complicated to me to install from the online guides. With the DSP, pcp would be the ultimate package.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back