Logitech Squeezebox and Pandora In India

Rajivm

Hi

Did post this in another thread but thought i made sense to set it up as a new thread.

Hi

Does any owners or users of the SB Touch or duet have pandora playing directly from the device. how have you managed the US only problem. does the touch or the duet have the ability to have a vpn setting inserted in it. or some other solution that i am missing

Its failry simple to play Pandora and the likes off a laptop with Hotspot shield but is there a way to do the same for a squeezebox type of device?

Thanks

Hi..I have SQ touch but can't find a way to play it in India..:-( but how did you managed to play it with laptop..plz guide me so that at least i can enjoy it on my PC..

Hi

Did post this in another thread but thought i made sense to set it up as a new thread.

Hi

Does any owners or users of the SB Touch or duet have pandora playing directly from the device. how have you managed the US only problem. does the touch or the duet have the ability to have a vpn setting inserted in it. or some other solution that i am missing

Its failry simple to play Pandora and the likes off a laptop with Hotspot shield but is there a way to do the same for a squeezebox type of device?

Thanks

GeorgeO sir is your man here!

Hi Ashok!

Guys

I dont use Pandora-AFAIK it is a paid service. There are so many free internet radio stations available that I dont want to open up a Pandora's(pun intended) box. Umapati do let me know know your problem setting up your SB Touch, maybe I can help.

Umapati do let me know know your problem setting up your SB Touch, maybe I can help.

I think he is referring to not being able to play Pandora in India.

George, can I request you to post some of the best quality radio stations you listen to on your SB?

Cheers!

Sure:

I listen a lot of jazz and Acoustic

Some of my favourites-ones that I have bookmarked and listen to a lot are:

Classic Acoustic Rock from radioio-I'm listening to this right now
Jazz Radio: Mellow Jazz and Smooth Uptempo Jazz,
NPR,
Solo Piano(Whisperings),
Blue FM,
Jazz 91,
Bay Smooth Jazz
Martini In The Morning
181.FM Classical Guitar(USA)

Bluu, If u like country, light classical, films soundtrack, u can tune in -

1Fm country (Switzerland)
AVRO light classical (320 kbps)
AVRO Film (Netherlands)
IP music (320 kbs)

KMHD Oregon (KMHD 89.1 Jazz Radio) is one of the best for playing a wide variety of jazz and blues. Has a very non commercial / amateur radio feel to it. The sound is also very neutral, this station does not equalize the sound like some other radio stations. This station is very famous for the blues they play starting Friday afternoon to late in the night. I listen to this station all the time on my old SB. Note that this is also a PBS station so occasionally they do have news broadcasts.

The Miles Davis showcase station that shipped with SB is also excellent for jazz.

Pandora is the best for discovering music that is similar to stuff you already like. Their music genome concept actually works. My blues and jazz collection is almost entirely courtesy of pandora. I even signed online petitions on their behalf to help keep royalties on internet radio low. Pandora is nearest you can get to a customized radio station, the interface is terrific and the quality of the sound is amazing too. This I believe is the future of radio and how most people will listen / consume music. Apple is jumping on the bandwagon too and is purportedly launching a similar service.

I had Pandora running till last year, but then with a stupid oversight I lost that ability now.
The way I had it running you need two pieces in place
a) A server in US that supports openvpn.
b) A router that supports Open-WRT or DD-WRT.

You will need to get either of the WRT firmware on your router and then configure openvpn to route all traffic from your squeezebox via your vpn server. Once you have that, rest is easy peasy :)

can we listen to local fm channels on squeezebox touch?. I would like to listen to Delhi fm channels.

I am in Muscat and would like to listen to chennai FM channels.Currently listening via

Suryan Fm Radio 24hr Live chennai Time

I need to keep my PC on to listen.:sad:

Is there any device which streams especially these FM channels
Suryan FM
Hello FM
Rainbow
Radio Mirchi
etc...

If possible can it be connected to my AVR?

Plz suggest.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back