Logitech Z-2300 [ The Last of the Titans : Reviewed]

well I just said that the sound of Z5500-D's didn't impress me at all. Boomy sound with the center channel meant for vocals delievery, while watching movies or listening to songs which was 320 kbps and FLAC's format, it's center channel used to distort, I heard it distorting. and I missed treble on the satellites of Z5500-D's.

Srsly telling u MX-5021 sounds so "cleanly" very cleanly as compared to Z5500-D's.

I haven't said anything about Z2300's. :rolleyes:

abhi_jollyguy, be happy with your MX-5021.....:) . If you are satisfied with MX-5021 then nothing more counts.

I will not comment on Z-5500, since i do not own one & have little or no experience of the system. Also this is not a thread related to Z-5500.

Ah...... i remember my MX-5021, though it had a very short life with me & their was that notorious "hissing" sound from speakers at idle. That "hissing" sound man..... it made me climb the walls of my room with despair.

Apart from that fault, MX-5021 is perhaps the best speaker set Altec Lansing have ever produced.

Last edited:
Well, your ultimate thread says Z-2300 has 10% THD. And i was comparing it with JBL and Altec. Which you said aint good either..

Anyway man.. Z-2300 is an ultimate speakers set... I agree. But for you.. Not for us.. :)

akhul7j after comparing Z-2300 with Altec & JBL what did you find out? Which one is the best? Why? What is the difference between Z-2300 and the other two companies?

Hi guys, in my next few installments I will be reviewing various multimedia speaker systems and also compare them with Logitech Z-2300. I will try to provide both objective & my subjective view of the systems so than the reader have a much more clear view.

Definition of Objective and Subjective

Objective is a statement that is completely unbiased. It is not touched by the speakers previous experiences or tastes. It is verifiable by looking up facts or performing mathematical calculations.

Subjective is a statement that has been colored by the character of the speaker or writer. It often has a basis in reality, but reflects the perspective through with the speaker views reality. It cannot be verified using concrete facts and figures.

When to Be Objective and Subjective

Objective it is important to be objective when you are making any kind of a rational decision. It might involve purchasing something or deciding which job offer to take. You should also be objective when you are reading, especially news sources. Being objective when you are meeting and having discussions with new people helps you to keep your concentration focused on your goal, rather than on any emotions your meeting might trigger.

Subjective can be used when nothing tangible is at stake. When you are watching a movie or reading a book for pleasure, being subjective and getting caught up in the world of the characters makes your experience more enjoyable. If you are discussing any type of art, you have to keep in mind that everyones opinions on a particular piece are subjective.

Examples of Objective and Subjective

Objective scientific facts are objective as are mathematical proofs; essentially anything that can be backed up with solid data.

Subjective opinions, interpretations, and any type of marketing presentation are all subjective.

In audio systems review both objective & subjective views are important, objective more so. For me the ratio Objective:Subjective::3:1

Last edited:
Review of Creative Gigaworks T3 & comparative analysis with Logitech Z-2300

Most of you may be aware of the Gigaworks line up of speakers from Creative.
Recently, I checked out the Gigaworks T3.

Specs

Logitech Z-2300 (Rs. 6800)

Total Continuous Power(RMS): 200 W
Satellites(RMS): 80 W (40 W x 2) @8 ohm
Subwoofer(RMS): 120 W @8 ohm
Frequency response: 35 Hz20 kHz
Signal-to-noise ratio(SNR): >100 dB
Satellite Drivers: 2.5-inch polished aluminum phase plug driver
Subwoofer Driver: 8-inch long-throw driver

Creative Gigaworks T3 (Rs. 13,800)

Total Continuous Power(RMS): 80 W
Satellites(RMS): 30 W (15 W x 2) @8 ohm
Subwoofer(RMS): 50 W @4 ohm
Response Bandwidth 3020 kHz
Signal-to-noise ratio(SNR): >90dB
Satellite Driver: 2 inch, metal diaphragm driver
Subwoofer Driver: 1 x active subwoofer driver 6.5 inch + 2 X passive 6.5 inch

Design & Build

Gigaworks are known for their compact speaker systems. The T3 is a 2.1 Gigaworks system and gets the same treatment.

Satellite

The satellites houses two tiny drivers, much smaller than Z-2300 satellites and have a cube-like design, perched on slim stands. The cube houses a 2 inch full range driver. They are not phase plug driver type as found on Z-2300 but are of metal diaphragm type. The driver is hidden behind a fabric mesh to prevent dust collection. But they seem better without them on, more like the aggressive performance system that Gigaworks is meant to deliver.

The stand on which these drivers sit isn't the adjustable kind.The stands have good rubber feet for a firm grip. Thought the speakers are small and compact the attached metal stand makes it quite heavy.

Now coming to the subwoofer of the T3, which is the main and most unique component of the system. It is a three-way firing subwoofer, so we get three 6.5 inch drivers. But all three are not active drivers. The passive drivers take up the two sides while the front one only being active. There is no bass reflex port which means the subwoofer is airtight. It is a good means to produce bass that has a deeper feeling, but that comes at the expense of loudness of the subwoofer.

At the rear of the subwoofer are the connectors for both left and right speakers. This includes the volume control and the connectors for the control pod/wired remote. The audio input RCA type and the bass level of the acoustic module are also present here. The bass can be set to a neutral level or increased and decreased. The placement of the bass level knob at the rear is really not the best idea and it would have been better placed in the control pod, like the Z-2300.

I found control pod of the T3 is a very simple unit. It is wired and with no wireless remote provided. I feel that the whole "premiumness" of the T3 is more or less lost here. The Control Pod looks neat with the use of chrome rings present on it. The wire is long enough to reach up to most desks. There is a headphone jack and a line-In or AUX jack present on it as well making it simple to connect MP3 players or other external sources. In between these two jacks there is a purple LED which lights up stating that its drawing power or the speakers are powered. The LED stops glowing when the speakers are not being used thus sending the T3 into standby. The pod has a neat rubber base to hold onto most surfaces it's placed on.

Features

Gigaworks has always packed something special in all its speakers, and the T3 is no different. While we have seen almost every Gigaworks speaker feature BassXPort, the T3 has a new technology for providing better sound - SLAM. Let's now take a closer look at this new feature.

SLAM is the acronym to 'Symmetrically Loaded Acoustic Module'. This technology, just like BassXPort, is meant to provide better bass. The difference between the two is that BassXPort is meant for standalone speakers that don't have a subwoofer or woofer. SLAM on the other hand is a more enhanced subwoofer. It incorporates one active and two passive drivers into a single subwoofer in the quest to produce over double the bass from a single subwoofer, instead of using two subwoofers. This turns it into a three-way firing subwoofer. The front facing subwoofer is the master driver, while the other two help in creating a pressure barrier to contain the low frequency, so that the thump is deeper in feeling.

Drivers

Satellite Driver

I found that the drivers are quite small at just 2 inches and also the satellite box that holds the driver being small to. The problem with this is, though small full range drivers in small boxes deliver excellent high frequency response, what they will definitely lack is midrange, simply because you need bigger diaphragm (more than 2 inches) & much larger air volume inside the satellite box to produce a decent midrange.

Since T3 uses metal diaphragm drivers which are fast and light, and have very high resolving power, they obviously provide incredible detailed high-frequency response in expense of midrange. This kind of "crispy boom" sound, is a rave among young people who think it as the clarity of the system. But for more experienced audio people, it is not the accurate or real sound.

The Z-2300 on the other hand have drivers that are 2.5 inches (3 inches would have been even better) and they are fitted in a satellite box that is twice the size of T3. So from a technical point Z-2300 satellites will have better midrange. My personal view is that the satellites of the Z-2300 produce the most accurate sound of any 2.1 multimedia speaker system available today within its price range. Remember i said "accurate" which means just as the sound was meant to be heard, not the more clear "crispy boom" type with perceived clarity.

I seems T3 have gone the BOSE way.

Subwoofer

The bass driver is 6.5 inches and are just okay for me. Actually any person with decent knowledge about sound systems will consider drivers of 8 inches & more in size as real bass drivers that are suitable for subwoofers. Z-2300 uses a 8 inch bass driver, so for me Z-2300's has a real subwoofer.

The theory is that in order to produce low frequencies of the sound spectrum, you need prodigious power (watts of power) in order to move huge volumes of air. To do so you need a driver with big diaphragm (thus 8 inches or more in size) and lots of watts from the amplifier powering the driver. Also the size of the subwoofer also counts, since the bigger the bass driver size the bigger the subwoofer assembly gets and thus can produce more defined, more powerful & more accurate bass than a smaller subwoofer.

Z-2300 subwoofer is twice the size of T3's. No question, Z-2300 wins in the subwoofer department hands down.

Amplifier module of T3

The amplifier unit is at the back of the subwoofer. The quality of craftsmanship, the PCB layout of the amplifier is top notch & the best i have seen among multimedia speakers. It is even better than Z-2300. But this praise goes for craftsmanship & design, not for the components used in the amplifier assembly.

The thing that spoils this party is the rather lame EI type power transformer that is used to power the amplifier. If you look at the picture showing the subwoofer internals as above you will find that the EI type transformer is sitting in the middle. At Rs. 13,800 I expected at least a toroidal transformer as found in Z-2300. The toroid is way superior than any EI type, but generally cost 50% more than a similar EI one.

The biggest disappointment for me is that T3 uses a rather chepo Class-D Texas Instruments TAS5142 power amplifier. I personally believe a Class-AB amplifier would have produced far superior sound. But that would have increased their cost of building this system & a dent in profit margin.

On the other hand, I am quite pleased to find that Z-2300 uses four Class-AB power amplifiers. Also doing a gross oversimplification of the price of the components as found on the amplifier modules of both T3 & Z-2300, Z-2300's amp module cost nearly two times that of T3's.

TAS5142 is a 2 100 W digital amplifier chip, to achieve output of 100W per channel, need to BTL (bridge) mode. In fact, it is a 4-channel amplifier chip, 4 ohms impedance, to achieve 4 30 W output. The chip, being Class-D have high efficiency, over 90%, that is, most energy is converted into sound, only 10% of the electrical energy is converted into heat energy.

Texas Instruments TAS5142 [Stereo Digital Amplifier 2 X 100 W]

REASON FOR USING CLASS-AB AMPLIFIERS

A quick look at many new low power speaker amplifiers on the market highlights the move to class D audio performance, but when it comes to low distortion and low noise and best sound quality, class AB still has the edge.

Class AB architecture offers a signal to noise plus distortion ratio of up to 10 times better than its equivalent Class D neighbour as well as providing a much simpler architecture which can be tweaked as required, without the need for reactive filter components on the output and the electromagnetic radiation resulting from an output stage switching at a few hundred kHz.

Class D amplification has inherent distortion in it and therefore is predominantly used in lower bandwidth amplification like in subwoofers. In other words it is quite impossible for a Class D to achieve the level of linearity in frequency response produced by a Class AB amplifier. Class D achieves about 90% power efficiency compared to about 60% respectively for Class AB.

Ultimately it comes down to what you want, for efficiency and cost effectiveness Class D is best, but if you can sacrifice some efficiency & increase cost for the sake of sound quality then Class AB is the best.

In other words Class A amps sound the best, cost the most, and are the least practical. They waste power and return very clean signals. Class AB amps dominate the market and rival the best Class A amps in sound quality. They use less power than Class A, and can be cheaper, smaller, cooler, and lighter. Class D amps are even smaller than Class AB amps and more efficient, because they use high-speed switching rather than linear control.

The most important reason behind which multimedia speaker manufactures are switching from Class AB to Class D is to increase profit margin for the company. Class D is very cheap to produce and does not need require a big extruded aluminum heat sink or expensive toroidal transformers. They are basically switching power supplies but utilize pulse width modulation so as to be able to reproduce and amplify an alternating current. There ok for subwoofers, but I honestly think that it is ridiculous to use a class D amplifier in a high end studio monitor.

In short, Class D amps are more efficient but are only good for low frequencies applications like subwoofer amplification. Class AB amps are generally 30% less efficient but can be used full range amplification i.e from 20Hz 20kHz.

Class D amps cannot be used on highs frequency response because of the way they work. They only produce square waves because of the technology involved, so they will make your highs sound lifeless and tinny. Class AB amplifiers produce full variable signals and can capture subtle nuances better and sound more warm and generally have more depth in sound.

Since T3 uses Class-D amplifies which emit little or no heat, it has a tiny heat sink as shown below:

Performance

Pushing it through the music, movies & game tests the T3 performed quite well. The highs from the satellites are sharp and there was no distortion even at max volume. The mids are present and but are not quite defined as predicted, though the satellites seems to get a bit too sharp at higher volumes. The mids die out as it gets a bit overshadowed by the characteristic shrilly highs of the Creative speakers. They are present but you can make out the difference.

The T3 is crystal clear up to 60% of the volume but after that point it goes off balance and the shrill from the satellites take over. On the other hand the Z-2300 remains superbly composed even at full volumes. The T3 system overall is balanced but you need to keep the volume between 10-60% (under 10% it's soft and over 60% it fades a bit with increase in volume).

Note that the upper midrange is a bit overdone, which may be a little flattering and the extreme treble is little bit attenuated to provide the "crispy boom" effect. That is the reason why women voices performed better than male voices, since for male voices needs better midrange.

The Z-2300 satellites are more powerful at 80W RMS (instead of 30W RMS of T3) and produce a far superior natural, soothing & smooth sound with clear detailing on every note which is so pleasant to hear. Both male & female voices are excellently represented on the Z-2300.

The 50W RMS subwoofer of T3 was able to deliver quite a thump. I dare say that I am seriously impressed with this thump. It's a unique thump though it still needed tuning.The subwoofer has tight bass but the overall bass of the T3 is is not well defined. This is a normal "techno" bass character of Class-D amplifiers. A similar Class-AB amplifier(as in Z-2300) will produce bass which is a little less deeper than a Class-D, but the bass will be much more defined & accurate and also feel more natural & real.

For example, playing the track "Chant" of the band Foreplay, i noticed that the kick drums of that track produce "boom boom boom" on the T3. Playing the same track on Z-2300, the kick drums sounded "booouuumm booouuumm booouuumm" which is the actual sound of kick drums.

Z-2300 successor Z-623 also sound "boom boom boom" as it uses Class-D amplifiers. More of it in the next post.

Since the satellites are very small and uses very small full range drivers, they affect the overall bass produced by giving it a rough edge. It can't be noticed at lower volumes but is noticeable as soon as you turn up the volume even with the subwoofer set to neutral. With the bass pumped to a higher level the roughness in the bass gets more profound. On reducing the bass level and going below neutral, the bass seems poor. Overall SLAM has potential and can deliver but it needs to get better. But, all said and done the bass of T3 is good for the size of the subwoofer.

Comparing it with the benchmark 120W RMS subwoofer of the Z-2300, I was amazed that it completely matched the Z-2300 up to 50% of Z-2300s volume and produced the same slamming & chest thumping response Z-2300 is so famous for. But after that it was as always Z-2300s territory. I am very impressed with the T3s bass i would have loved the use of more expensive Class-AB amplifiers.

The performance of the T3 isn't all it's cracked up to be, with good 2.1 systems like Logitech Z-2300 around. It has a slight edge but only at certain volumes, but still loses out on the whole. Its small & compact size is the main factor that limits its performance.

GRAPH

As you see above, T3 is nicely balanced & provides a wide response through out the frequency range. It is important to note that T3 is way superior than Altec Lansing MX-6021 in terms of balanced frequency response.

Verdict

The Creative Gigaworks T3 costs a whopping Rs.13,800 in Kolkata with a one-year warranty. In comparison Logitech Z-2300 is available at Rs.6,800.

Buying the T3 is like paying double the price of Z-2300 to buy half of its performance. This is a ultra steep price just like any other product from the Gigaworks line up. At this price you'd expect something like near studio quality, which sadly is not the case. Actually if Audio Engine have made a bookshelf between A2(Rs.11,000) & A5(Rs. 20,000) say the A3, T3 would have made circles around A3 all day long.

I have the Altec Lansing MX-5021 and the Z-2300 from Logitech. Both of them are THX certified. The Z-2300 being the better of the two, and a much better buy over the Gigaworks T3 in the price to performance ratio.

Ask me and I'll repeatedly choose the Z-2300 for the performance it offers at that price. It actually provide much superior performance than T3 at half of its price. As for the Gigaworks T3 all I have to say is that the SLAM technology still has to prove its mettle. I won't pay the premium for a technology that can, as of now, only deliver a 0% better performance over a system(Z-2300) that costs less than half of its price.

Last edited:
History of the Tang Band bass driver of Logitech Z-2300

Actually, this subwoofer was originally designed way back in the year 2000 for Z-560 which was the first THX certified multimedia speaker system from Logitech. This Holy Grail subwoofer was so good that Logitech kept this design and used it in all their THX certified speaker systems for the last decade as mentioned below:
Z-560 [first THX certified 4.1 system from Logitech launched in the year 2000]
Z-680 [first THX certified 5.1 system from Logitech launched in the year 2002]
Z-2200 [first THX certified 2.1 system from Logitech launched in the year 2003]
Z-2300 [second THX certified 2.1 system from Logitech with minor updations on Z-2200 launched in the year 2004]

Z-2300 Bass Driver

Z-2300 subwoofer has a front facing massive 8 inch long throw bass driver, custom built by Tang Band for Logitech. It has a Rated Power Input of 100W and maximum power input capability of 200W.

This history began when Logitech choose Tang Band as the OEM manufacturer for their first THX certified multimedia speaker system Z-560 way back in the year 2000. First batch of Z-560s used to contain the makers name (Tang Band), model number (W8-670C) & rated power input of 100W imprinted on the drivers as shown below. They were direct off the shelf 8 inch Tang Band units and not the custom ones.

Z-560 Bass Driver with Initial markings [First Batch]

I guess at the time of release of Z-560, Logitech was entering a new domain in computer audio, changing their image from relatively ordinary PC speaker manufacturer to a high end computer speaker manufacturer, and was themselves not quite sure about how many units of Z-560s they will be able to sell.

But after the initial success of Z-560, it seems Logitech went to buy speakers from Tang Band in bulk quantities. The second batch of same Tang Band drivers used in Z-560 was devoid of the initial writings. Gone were the Tang Band name, the model number & power rating. Instead we are greeted with a big Logitech name & serial number as below:

Z-560 Bass Driver devoid of Specification [Second Batch]

Also when one purchases in bulk quantities from an OEM manufacturer (Tang Band), they give the opportunity or option to modify & tune one of their base models in order to suit Logitechs needs or even custom design them according to their specification.

Logitech Sound Central quotes: We dont simply buy parts off the shelf. We laser tune different types of drivers. We modify the shapes, experiment with materials, and use digital components to improve sound quality. Our goal is to deliver fidelity as close to the original sound as possible.

Logitech Sound Central testing the bass driver of Z-5500

So when Z-560 successor, Z-680 was launched in the year 2002, Tang Band in accordance to Logitech specifications made a modified version of their W8-670C. After close inspection of Z-680 bass driver it seems they have increased the maximum excursion capability of W8-670C by 2-3mm to maybe 10mm [estimated] with a slightly elongated stamped steel basket section between the spider & the magnet. At the same time they improved the cooling efficiency of the bass driver with a bigger vented pole piece. Magnet size remained the same so the new motor for Z-680 also had a rated power input of 100W & 200W max. Both Z-560 & Z-680 had identical 188W subwoofers power ratings.

Custom designed Z-680 Bass Driver

Look below at the increase of the hole diameter of the vented pole piece:

Z-560 with smaller vented hole

Z-680 with bigger vented hole

This custom designed bass driver with even higher excursion capability will definitely offer better sensitivity & accuracy than what the W8-670C could manage & at the same time have the ability to handle more power over its rated input power with better cooling efficiency of vented pole piece.

After success of the Z-680 in 2002, Logitech ventured into a high end 2.1 speaker set giving birth to Z-2200. It used the now standard THX certified subwoofer of Z-680 with the same bass driver. All was going well when until September 2004, when Logitech launched the successor of Z-680, the monstrous Z-5500. At the same launch a minorly upgraded version of Z-2200 named Z-2300 was also launched.

Z-5500 brought a major change from the previous subwoofer design concept faithfully followed until now with a bigger 10 inch Tang Band bass driver & sub enclosure. But the Z-2300 retained the Z-2200 aka Z-680 aka Z-560 subwoofer that satisfied every bass freak out there for the last decade.

Note: Normally people confuse this custom built driver as used in Z-680, Z-2200 & Z-2300 with the Tang Band W8-670Q, 70W bass driver specified in their website. Though both units looks near identical, Z-2300s magnet is a little bigger & the stamped steel basket section between the spider & the magnet is different. Prior, I was also the victim of this case.

Z-2300 Bass Driver

Z-2300, Z-2200 & Z-680 all uses the same bass driver. Comparing Z-2300's aka Z-680 monstrous 8 inch bass driver on the left with the Onkyo's 8 inch bass driver on the right.

The subwoofer also houses a patented U shaped exponentially increasing bass reflex port to produce distortion free deep and rich bass experience. The enclosure is very deep, which is obviously good from an acoustical standpoint.

Last edited:
Good Good, keep 'em coming!

Whats next on the dismantling block Rishi Guru???

Updated my main review of Logitech Z-2300. Go to the first page of this thread & check out the subwoofer section of my review. Hope you enjoy it.

So you're an IT engineer, which gives you superior decoding capabilities, and also think the Z2300 was manufactured at a "cost no-object" brief?

Please do pass on whatever you're smoking, must be some good stuff.

So you're an IT engineer, which gives you superior decoding capabilities, and also think the Z2300 was manufactured at a "cost no-object" brief?

Please do pass on whatever you're smoking, must be some good stuff.

TechHead I think you will forgive me for this review being my first personal review, but I also admit "cost-no-object" is to much of an overstatement for Z-2300. I think I have to modify that part.

Well when I was writing this review, I thought way back in year 2000 when Logitech was known a cheap speaker manufacturer and could not even meet Altec Lancing standards let alone Klipsch computer audio products, they then made a big step forward, used much better quality components for their THX certified audio system lineup than what they previously used thus increasing the cost of the product. My "cost no-object" statement was in context to my above view.

That is reflected when you see Z-2300 used torroidal transformer instead of EI type, used an 8 inch bass driver instead of 5 or 6.5 inch ones & also quality amplifier components, you quickly find out they made a big step forward from their previous systems.

Today when you compare the Z-2300 from an el chepo manufacturer Logitech with the HiFi maker company like Klipsch producing Promedia 2.1 as a computer multimedia speaker system, you will find both of them being in the same segment go head to head in terms of audio performance and in many occasions Z-2300 coming out as a clear winner.

Atleast you have to give credit to Logitech that that could produce a speaker set that can meet the standards of a Klipsch product. I give full marks to Logitech only for this effort.

Rishi, you seem to be someone who knows what he is doing. If its not too much trouble, is there anyway you might be able to compare/review Bose MusicMonitor and Creative HD50

10637507505624.jpg

This pic is from a Chinese review that's reasonably detailed - thanx to google translate!

Cheers.

Rishi, you seem to be someone who knows what he is doing. If its not too much trouble, is there anyway you might be able to compare/review Bose MusicMonitor and Creative HD50

10637507505624.jpg

This pic is from a Chinese review that's reasonably detailed - thanx to google translate!

Cheers.

I would have loved to review both the sets unleash_me, but I do not have them currently available to me right now.

First of all, I despise BOSE. To me bose means

BOSE --> BUY OTHER SOUND EQUIPMENT

If you want to buy a set of bog ordinary speakers at an exuberant price, look no further, there is BOSE. Creative Gigaworks products are also deliberately overpriced and cannot justify the price you pay for them.

If I were to buy a pair of stereo speakers/ bookshelves, I would get the Audio Engine 2 inside 10K budget or the Audio Engine 5 within 20K. I would advice to pump up the budget a little if you have to and get the AE5.

When the AE5 sings, it sound like angels voice.

Revamped the main review

Completely revamped the main review of this thread. Take a look as many new views, insights & technical aspects have been added while complete measures have been taken to trim the excessive fat. Still I admit, it is quite lengthy.

Views & remarks will be highly appreciated.

Regards, RishiGuru

Re: Revamped the main review

Completely revamped the main review of this thread. Take a look as many new views, insights & technical aspects have been added while complete measures have been taken to trim the excessive fat. Still I admit, it is quite lengthy.

Views & remarks will be highly appreciated.

Regards, RishiGuru

sorry to say...why add to the irony.
since this product is no longer avlbl in india.:sad:

Guys this is no personal advertisement, just wanted all of you to know that my review of Logitech Z-2300 was considered good enough for the front page of neowin.net.

neowin-member-reviews-logitech-z-2300-mega-review

This review started as a fun concept & I never thought in my deepest dreams to receive so many well wishes. Thanks to all the members of this forum for the support.

Quote from their neowin.net administrators:

This has to be the most in-depth review I've read for a speaker system. Great job, RishiGuru. (Y) I think you'll be pleased to know that your review made it to the front page: Neowin.net - Neowin Member Reviews: Logitech Z-2300 Mega Review

They are also asking me, if I am professionally interested to do this kind of reviews. I am yet to think about an answer.

You will be doing great injustice to yourself & regret later if you do not do so. So don't think too much, just DO IT!!!

All the best!

I finally got a pair of Z680 sattelites to replace the z2300 ones which had blown, and they sound AWESOME.The drivers are 3" as opposed to 2.5", the enclosure is actually ported ( as opposed to the fake porting in the Z2300)

I finally got a pair of Z680 sattelites to replace the z2300 ones which had blown, and they sound AWESOME.The drivers are 3" as opposed to 2.5", the enclosure is actually ported ( as opposed to the fake porting in the Z2300)

HOLY SMOKE!!!

A pair of Z-680 sats are hard to come by these days. You are really lucky. How did you get them?

Those 3 inch drivers in ported cabinets had more internal volume than Z-2300 sats. Z-680 sats have more "in your face" sound than a little bit restrained sound of Z-2300.

So, now you basically have the Z-2200, aka the best 2.1 speaker Logitech ever produced.

CONGRATS!!!

Hi rishiguru,

Iam planning to buy good desktop speakers for all round purpose, music and movies. I dont play computer games, but do listern to lot of music.

After lot of research and reading through forums I have shortlisted Logitech z623. Do you suggest any other desktop 2.1 speakers under 10K ?

I appreciate the way, you have taken time to post detailed explaination of the amplifiers,components quality of the speaker systems. And I completely understand that you would like everyone to appreciate what Logitech Z2300 packed inside the boxes was more worth than other brands for higher prices .I would have gone for it, but is there anything comparable to it for similar price range .

Thanks
Cvelaga

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back