London Calling...

Sumit

Hi Folks!!

I am going to London and a few other countries in Europe in august first week.

I plan to buy a Beresford DAC.

I also want to buy a region free BD player- if there is one. I haven't heard of it. Also, i want one with a HD audio decoding on board.

Please let me if someone knows about this.

PS> I am travelling with my wife and kid. I am not sure how much spare luggage weight do I get for myself!!

Dont own one, but have researched enuf. Try panasonic's BD DMP 55, decodes all format and has 7.1 multichannel analogue out (if that matters to you like it does to me). All pana models are pretty good. Not sure if this one is available in UK though had checked them out in Amazon couldnt find them there as I was planning to attend MJ's "This is it" concert in Sept (now a dream).

Anyways good starting point would be to chk out Amazon.co.uk: low prices in Electronics, Books, Music, DVDs & more

I ve just ordered some Blurays even though I dont own a player yet.

Thanks for the heads-up.
Analogue out matters to me as my AVR does not decode HD audio.
Why are u ordering BD movies when u don't own a BD player?

Cheers~!

Like I said I was planning a London trip to catch Michael Jackson's TII tour and booked leaves for that in Sept. That being cancelled, I would be instaed going to SG and Malaysia and might pick up a BD Player then. So just building up my collection for then.

Besides this was just a spur of the moment shopping got tempted into 3 for 2 offer on the blue discs on amazon. They have some extensive collection. Getting 3 discs door delivered for 2.4k INR. Not bad I would say.

Hello Sumit,
well the best place to buy electronics is Tottenham court road. Just download london tube map and you can know how to get there. also do visit HMV store in oxford street. Its a heaven for all your audio video software needs. If you want a price guidence for electronics then Kelkoo Shopping UK - Online Shopping & Price Comparison is a very good place. But I don't know if buying online will be a good idea if you are travelling so HMV is the best bet for direct shopping.
Thanks.

Hello Sumit,
well the best place to buy electronics is Tottenham court road. Just download london tube map and you can know how to get there. also do visit HMV store in oxford street. Its a heaven for all your audio video software needs. If you want a price guidence for electronics then Kelkoo Shopping UK - Online Shopping & Price Comparison is a very good place. But I don't know if buying online will be a good idea if you are travelling so HMV is the best bet for direct shopping.
Thanks.

Thanks Mic and Mahi!!

I am well versed with UK. I have travelled twice to UK. I will have a look at Oxford street although it is a very expensive street.

Sumit

madeene waale ko mera salaam kehna!!
Thames maiyya ki jai karna, aur ho sake to dubki lagana.
I remember those evenings spent at Leicester square. Damn I haven't been out of delhi for years now :mad:

Sumit - OT - I got in touch with pawan. Got an HK 6550 amp from him. It is in very good condition - at least it sounds pretty good. Thanks man! Though it is a long way before I can really trust in paying him first before getting the stuff.

Sumit - OT - I got in touch with pawan. Got an HK 6550 amp from him. It is in very good condition - at least it sounds pretty good. Thanks man! Though it is a long way before I can really trust in paying him first before getting the stuff.

Hey anm:

Congrats on your purchase. His shops seems shady but once in zillion ties he might have something that you migt like!!! I guess it was your turn.
I check up this map. Looks like a great amp. I hope it keeps you happy.

Harman Kardon HK 680

Cheers!!

I would advice you not to buy your BD player from UK as it won't be usable in India with region locked BDs since UK falls under region B and their DVD region code is also region 2, so ask the dealer from whom you would like to buy the player about its multi region status. If you really like to buy a BD player from UK then I would suggest you to go with Panasonic Models like BDP -BD60 or BD 80 because there are hardware avaliabe to make it multiregion, whereas its difficult with sony and all other brand players.

Stegen Electronics - Multiregion and Region free Blu-ray Players

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back