Looking for 2.1 setup for LG C1 need suggestions

AeonXS

Hello,

So my max budget for now is around 12k for which i had seen Logitech Z623 and edifier THX certified 2.1 model of that price. But the later is so hard to find i forgot it's name.

I prefer non soundbar options as i don't like the condensed sound soundbars make. I checked out JBL SB140 today which is around my budget and the sound feels jailed rather than free flowing. I don't want to spend ridiculous amount. As i won't have any free hdmi port to use erac. So optical cable is the way to go. Need good base and other sounds. No Chinese brands partly a reason not looking at edifier anymore. No desi brands as well. Need a good product within budget.

Never used PC Speakers like Z623 with TV so dunno how it works.

Hello,

So my max budget for now is around 12k for which i had seen Logitech Z623 and edifier THX certified 2.1 model of that price. But the later is so hard to find i forgot it's name.

I prefer non soundbar options as i don't like the condensed sound soundbars make. I checked out JBL SB140 today which is around my budget and the sound feels jailed rather than free flowing. I don't want to spend ridiculous amount. As i won't have any free hdmi port to use erac. So optical cable is the way to go. Need good base and other sounds. No Chinese brands partly a reason not looking at edifier anymore. No desi brands as well. Need a good product within budget.

Creative, Edifier and Swans are good to consider, Tons of reviews and youtube videos to give you a fair idea to steer your decision.

For 15k, most options you'll get will be Chinese or Indian. I guess Creative and Logitech are not Chinese, but pretty sure they'd also be manufacturing in China.

Edifier and Swans are good options at this price point. If you don't want to go for those because they're Chinese, then you can split your purchase into active bookshelf speakers now and powered subwoofers with speaker out ports later. In that case, you'll get more options. Keep in mind though that this option limits your input options, especially Bluetooth, and renders your speaker remote, if any, mostly useless.

You can consider JBL Professional Nano K4, Presonus Eris 3.5, M-Audio AV32, Behringer MS16, Mackie CR4X, JBL Professional 104, etc.

BTW, this might be the speaker you're looking for https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/logitech-z623spkr-200-w-laptop-desktop-speaker/p/itmb2b736f57b8bf

If you can then do recommend traditional 2.1 setup. But within Rs.15k max.

My Edifier recommendations based on their performance and SQ including connectivity options. Suggest you check Youtube videos also to get a fair idea.

Most of us have used a variety of speakers and systems overtime and to be honest THX certified will not make much of a difference.(at least to me).

My bro has Creative T20s and given their small size, they emit decent bass and is VFM. Likewise there are other brands also available. Again depends on your budget and also connectivity needs for the TV.

Given you are based in Mumbai. visit Lamington Road (Grant Road east) you may just find something which meets your expectations etc. For demo of good computer speakers etc, visit Vijay Sales, Croma , Reliance Digital which can help steer your decision.

For 15k, most options you'll get will be Chinese or Indian. I guess Creative and Logitech are not Chinese, but pretty sure they'd also be manufacturing in China.

Edifier and Swans are good options at this price point. If you don't want to go for those because they're Chinese, then you can split your purchase into active bookshelf speakers now and powered subwoofers with speaker out ports later. In that case, you'll get more options. Keep in mind though that this option limits your input options, especially Bluetooth, and renders your speaker remote, if any, mostly useless.

You can consider JBL Professional Nano K4, Presonus Eris 3.5, M-Audio AV32, Behringer MS16, Mackie CR4X, JBL Professional 104, etc.

BTW, this might be the speaker you're looking for https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/logitech-z623spkr-200-w-laptop-desktop-speaker/p/itmb2b736f57b8bf
Manufactured in china can't be helped that is fine, though don't want to give my money to a chinese company. How to connect the Z623 to LG C1 it has removed the audio video port which was there on CX, so now how to do it ? There is not optical audio port on Z623

Hello,

Edifiers have no technical after-sales support in India. They are available only online. Last year had wanted to buy them as my PC speakers, as the reviews were quite encouraging, but was deterred due it its after sales non-support. Settled for JBL Pro104 BT instead.

How to connect the Z623 to LG C1 it has removed the audio video port which was there on CX, so now how to do it ? There is not optical audio port on Z623
You'll need a DAC or a Digital to Analog Converter. DAC has optical and/or Coaxial input and 3.5 mm and/or RCA output.

One of the cheapest good quality ones is Fiio Taishan D03K for about ₹1800. You can DM me for this, I have a spare lying around.

The optical out is pretty weird looking on the LG C1, a regular Toslink port usually has a ready to open flap . I wonder if its only on my unit .

Can I push a regular optical ( toslink) plug into this in whichever direction I please ? :D

optical output.jpeg

I think it is mini toslink optical that doubles as a 3.5 mm stereo out (analog)
Please read up the manual before trying anything that can potentially damage the socket.
Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:
Btw guys can i easily connect a logitech Z625 or Z906 via optical to LG C1 after reading this reply i feel bit worried as this will be my first rodeo with a Home theater system. And my max budget is the price of Z906. That too is pushing my budget.
I think it is mini toslink optical that doubles as a 3.5 mm stereo out (analog)
Please read up the manual before trying anything that can potentially damage the socket.
Cheers,
Raghu

The optical out is pretty weird looking on the LG C1, a regular Toslink port usually has a ready to open flap . I wonder if its only on my unit .

Can I push a regular optical ( toslink) plug into this in whichever direction I please ? :D

View attachment 63284
It is a regular toslink port without the cover. Not mini or combo.

Can you please suggest the appropriate amazon basics cable to connect C1 to Z625 or Z906
Depending on your z625 if it has a regular optical port, you can buy any optical cable. I have never had one not work, from the elcheapo ones to more expensive ones.

View attachment 63284
Btw i had bought this cable last year will this work with our desi C1 optical port ? Should i get the CL3 rated version instead ?

Any optical cable will work just fine.
I had BlueRigger and some brand called EMK lying around with me and tried both ( for reasons related to distance from speakers and DAC placement) and both worked fine . No difference. Use your existing cable .

Back