Looking for 4K Projector

How about epson TW9400
Next to sony epson 9400 is v good .I'm using it v happy about it.price difference between Epson and sony is almost double.epson 1.9 whereas sony is 3.6 best price from the link as suggested by one of fm from here.

Although I dont own a projector, but I read somewhere that for 100inch screen, 1080p and 4k wont have much diff.
I have not validated this anywhere, but someone using 4k projector can throw some light on this.

Have you planning to audition these projector before spend such a huge amount?

Although I dont own a projector, but I read somewhere that for 100inch screen, 1080p and 4k wont have much diff.
I have not validated this anywhere, but someone using 4k projector can throw some light on this.

few days back only I did a comparison between BenQ W1700 (4k) and BenQ 1070 (1080p),
the difference in sharpness was VERY visible

I had Epson 9400 in mind but Optoma UHD 58SA is better and is about 2.2
Very few reviews.
I auditioned Sony - there is significant difference between true 4K and Full HD
I have to compare sony and BenQ 5700 side by side

When going for 4k, go for native 4k like Sony or JVC. Sony uses LCOS and calls it as SXRD. And whereas JVC calls it as DILA (Direct light Image light amplifier). Out of your list, i will pick Sony. In terms of contrast JVC is best. Next is sony.

Last edited:

That depends on distance of viewing..
1080 and 4k will make difference on a 65" TV is one sits close enough to the screen.

That depends on distance of viewing..
1080 and 4k will make difference on a 65" TV is one sits close enough to the screen.
his room size is 21x12 and I assume that he will be viewing from a distance of about 18ft. so, I thought that diff wont be noticable from that distamce. But since other confirmed that they can see a visible diff.

After going through I will go for Sony 270 or JVC N5
and I plan to increase my screen size to 130 inc
I will audition both and decide.
Any advice is welcome
At what price I can buy

I am considering an upgrade to the sony 270. Trying to get a demo from the dealer, meanwhile if anyone has auditioned this model - can you advise on its brightness? Concerned that it is only rated at 1500 lumens (does it look dim?). Also if anyone has done a comparison of this to the epson 9400 (I know that is not a native 4k), I would be very interested in your opinion, specifically in 4k resolution and black levels. My viewing distance is 13' from a 110" elite grey screen in a 100% light controlled room.
Cheers,
Sid

I am considering an upgrade to the sony 270. Trying to get a demo from the dealer, meanwhile if anyone has auditioned this model - can you advise on its brightness? Concerned that it is only rated at 1500 lumens (does it look dim?). Also if anyone has done a comparison of this to the epson 9400 (I know that is not a native 4k), I would be very interested in your opinion, specifically in 4k resolution and black levels. My viewing distance is 13' from a 110" elite grey screen in a 100% light controlled room.
Cheers,
Sid
1500 lumens is quite less, my optoma hd25 claims 2500lumens, but that too is peak momentary brightness and even at 2500 rated, i find it to be barely passable. Your milage may vary.

If you ya e good budget and want ultimate picture quality, these are the list in preferred order.
Barco(insane ),JVC, Sony, Epson, Benq(only the higher end using pure glass lens), optoma UHD.

you can also go for a reasonable 4K projector and add external video processor like lumagen Radiance, madvr envy etc.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back