Looking for a 55 inch 4k TV, budget 50k INR

KaranJyoti

I am gravitating to the VU action 4k (55lx). I am very suspect of these "newer" companies and wanted to know if the new Samsung TVs (AUE60/70) are any good/better. I feel giants such as LG, Sony and Samsung are more trustworthy as my Samsung 1080p 40 inch is well and kicking for nearly a decade.

Please give suggestions. Can stretch budget by a few thousands if it is very attractive prospect

buy the frame 55 at rs 61433 at flipkart, only valid today on hdfc card

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    30 KB · Views: 52
I am gravitating to the VU action 4k (55lx). I am very suspect of these "newer" companies and wanted to know if the new Samsung TVs (AUE60/70) are any good/better. I feel giants such as LG, Sony and Samsung are more trustworthy as my Samsung 1080p 40 inch is well and kicking for nearly a decade.

Please give suggestions. Can stretch budget by a few thousands if it is very attractive prospect u

Please give suggestions. Can stretch budget by a few thousands if it is very attractive prospect
vu is very good. I have been using for last two year. Never had any issue

Missed this message yesterday, is it gone? cant figure out what combination you used
Yes its over, but keep a look out, as the 2021 model will be out soon so 2020 should be available at cheaper price soon
FYI I availed the following discount, I have got the emi cancelled to save the emi interest.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210524-030505.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210524-030505.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 73
Yes its over, but keep a look out, as the 2021 model will be out soon so 2020 should be available at cheaper price soon
FYI I availed the following discount, I have got the emi cancelled to save the emi interest.
What were the charges you had to pay for emi cancellation?

Go for a 65" atleast, unless you already have a large tv at home and need the 55" for another room. Like you i replaced my Sony tv after 14 years, still running fine.
Pay a bit more but kick the Chinese brands to the kerb. Go for sony, lg or Samsung.

samsung frame 55" available for 62k for hdfc card on flipkart again
Hey there, I apologize if this is a thread bump, but I'm planning to get either the 50" or 55" frame, as neither the Hisense U7QF or Toshiba U79 are not going be sold anytime soon again(correct me if I'm wrong)
Looking at the Rtings reviews, it seems the 2021 version isn't that much better. Do you think there will be another sale on flipkart before they run out of stock?
I believe the EMI discount on the HDFC cards are still available, but I don't understand the "no cost emi on cc" part. Could you explain how I could avail it?

Just saw Mi Q1 55" @ 57-58k
I am on a verge of buying this TV.
Dolby Vision, HDR 10 & 10+, Dolby Atmos, DTS, eArc, HDMI 2.1 and much more with 4K at 60hz.

I was very close to buying LG CX but last moment understood it lacks DTS support.
Have a hard drive filled with movies which I am currently playing with Laptop to AVR then TV.
Wanted to get rid of the Laptop connection.

Just saw Mi Q1 55" @ 57-58k
I am on a verge of buying this TV.
Dolby Vision, HDR 10 & 10+, Dolby Atmos, DTS, eArc, HDMI 2.1 and much more with 4K at 60hz.

I was very close to buying LG CX but last moment understood it lacks DTS support.
Have a hard drive filled with movies which I am currently playing with Laptop to AVR then TV.
Wanted to get rid of the Laptop connection.
The CX and Mi Q1 are not even in the same league though - both price and performance wise. While its bigger 75 inch cousin is a different animal altogether, the 55 is quite a dull TV from what I saw in the showroom a couple of months ago.

The CX and Mi Q1 are not even in the same league though - both price and performance wise. While its bigger 75 inch cousin is a different animal altogether, the 55 is quite a dull TV from what I saw in the showroom a couple of months ago.

Yup i agree, all this time I was waiting for CX but the non DTS support was a deal breaker.

My TV and viewing area cannot accommodate 75" TV. Thought lets settle for budget 55" one and then wait for something new.

Still in a tough boat which TV should I go for. It has to be 55 inch one with HDMI 2.1 eARC dolby atmos and DTS, HDR10 And Dolby Vision. MEMC or higher refresh rate some sort of would be icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Yup i agree, all this time I was waiting for CX but the non DTS support was a deal breaker.

My TV and viewing area cannot accommodate 75" TV. Thought lets settle for budget 55" one and then wait for something new.

Still in a tough boat which TV should I go for. It has to be 55 inch one with HDMI 2.1 eARC dolby atmos and DTS, HDR10 And Dolby Vision. MEMC or higher refresh rate some sort of would be icing on the cake.
You can get a streaming box to get the DTS fixed BTW. For example, get the firestick 4k for 3.5k during any Amazon sale, plug firestick in the AVR and plug the AVR's output to the TV. You'll be able to play any audio file that way without the TV's support.

The firestick doesn't support the TrueHD Atmos BTW (converts that to PCM so loses Atmos metadata), so Apple TV 4k or Nvidia shield will be better options, but the same concept applies.

The Denon X3700 you have (great choice BTW) supports HDMI 2.1 passthrough, so won't be any problem.

Almost double the price of the Mi but maybe the X9000h 55? Although if it's just a step upgrade then this could be too expensive :)

Almost double the price of the Mi but maybe the X9000h 55? Although if it's just a step upgrade then this could be too expensive :)
Thanks for the suggestion, I checked X9000h 55 inch can be got around 1 lakh ticked most of the boxes but no 4k @ 120 :(

Wait continues.

Last edited:
You can get a streaming box to get the DTS fixed BTW. For example, get the firestick 4k for 3.5k during any Amazon sale, plug firestick in the AVR and plug the AVR's output to the TV. You'll be able to play any audio file that way without the TV's support.

The firestick doesn't support the TrueHD Atmos BTW (converts that to PCM so loses Atmos metadata), so Apple TV 4k or Nvidia shield will be better options, but the same concept applies.

The Denon X3700 you have (great choice BTW) supports HDMI 2.1 passthrough, so won't be any problem.
Whole idea of getting a TV with everything is to get rid of multiple inputs.

Whole idea of getting a TV with everything is to get rid of multiple inputs.
The problem is that there is no TV that I know of which does TrueHD Atmos, DTS-X, DTS-HD and every codec properly.

Even if a TV says it supports Atmos, it generally only refers to the DD+ version of Atmos, and the TV generally craps out when you give it TrueHD Atmos.

If you're looking for an ultimate solution, you have to go for either a streamer like Nvidia Shield which can play everything -> AVR -> eARC port of TV. This should take care of all your multimedia.

Now for the Xbox/PS/PC you can plug them into the TV and the TV will use ARC/eARC to get that back to the AVR. In this use-case, the audio codec doesn't matter as much, so you should be fine.

I don't think there's any TV that will do all the audio codecs you want. The ones that come the closest are the high-end Hisense 2020 and 2021 TVs. The Sony and LG TVs for sure don't allow TrueHD or DTS-HD unless it's a pass-through from another source.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back