Looking for a 55 inch 4k TV, budget 50k INR

The problem is that there is no TV that I know of which does TrueHD Atmos, DTS-X, DTS-HD and every codec properly.

Even if a TV says it supports Atmos, it generally only refers to the DD+ version of Atmos, and the TV generally craps out when you give it TrueHD Atmos.

If you're looking for an ultimate solution, you have to go for either a streamer like Nvidia Shield which can play everything -> AVR -> eARC port of TV. This should take care of all your multimedia.

Now for the Xbox/PS/PC you can plug them into the TV and the TV will use ARC/eARC to get that back to the AVR. In this use-case, the audio codec doesn't matter as much, so you should be fine.

I don't think there's any TV that will do all the audio codecs you want. The ones that come the closest are the high-end Hisense 2020 and 2021 TVs. The Sony and LG TVs for sure don't allow TrueHD or DTS-HD unless it's a pass-through from another source.

Oh my, everyday new box of surprises. Thanks for letting me know this.

Where can I get the Nvidia Shield in India or Mumbai. Cannot find it anywhere online.

X9000h has 4k @120. Where did you see it doesn't have it? It was enabled in an update in December or Jan.

Saw on their website, attaching photo.
Screenshot_20210611-134053_Opera.jpg

Where can I get the Nvidia Shield in India or Mumbai. Cannot find it anywhere online.
I guess that saved you from some disappointment if you got the TV :p

You'll either have to import it or buy it second-hand. Every few days you can see a classified on our forum's page as well. Also check out techenclave section.

You can import it from here:

The pro version has more storage and RAM. Also some have reported it supports Dolby Vision level 7 which no other player in the market does. FYI this is the version the blu-rays use.

Saw on their website, attaching photo.
View attachment 57969
Probably not updated. Sony site was terrible for finding features of their TV, had to rely on Rtings and other sites mostly. Attaching photo from my X9000h, inputs 3 and 4 can do 4k 120.

Attachments

• IMG_20210611_135103.jpg
    IMG_20210611_135103.jpg
    995.2 KB · Views: 15
Probably not updated. Sony site was terrible for finding features of their TV, had to rely on Rtings and other sites mostly. Attaching photo from my X9000h, inputs 3 and 4 can do 4k 120.
The X9000H can accept a 4k 120 signal but the mediatek chipset isn't capable of displaying it. So it downscales it to lower vertical resolution at 120 Hz and then the Sony processor upscales it.

explains the issue, and also why PS5 isn't great for 4k 120 as well.

I guess that saved you from some disappointment if you got the TV :p

The pro version has more storage and RAM. Also some have reported it supports Dolby Vision level 7 which no other player in the market does. FYI this is the version the blu-rays use.

Yup, had researched about this back in the day, will surely be getting Pro version if I ever buy one. Thanks a lot.

The X9000H can accept a 4k 120 signal but the mediatek chipset isn't capable of displaying it. So it downscales it to lower vertical resolution at 120 Hz and then the Sony processor upscales it.

explains the issue, and also why PS5 isn't great for 4k 120 as well.

Thanks for the info.

Do these high end TVs passthrough Dolby Atmos TrueHD and DTS MA from a hard disk? CX or x900 and similar TVs?

The problem is that there is no TV that I know of which does TrueHD Atmos, DTS-X, DTS-HD and every codec properly.

Even if a TV says it supports Atmos, it generally only refers to the DD+ version of Atmos, and the TV generally craps out when you give it TrueHD Atmos.

If you're looking for an ultimate solution, you have to go for either a streamer like Nvidia Shield which can play everything -> AVR -> eARC port of TV. This should take care of all your multimedia.

Now for the Xbox/PS/PC you can plug them into the TV and the TV will use ARC/eARC to get that back to the AVR. In this use-case, the audio codec doesn't matter as much, so you should be fine.

I don't think there's any TV that will do all the audio codecs you want. The ones that come the closest are the high-end Hisense 2020 and 2021 TVs. The Sony and LG TVs for sure don't allow TrueHD or DTS-HD unless it's a pass-through from another source.
Thanks for sharing this. I am facing the same issue with my Mi QLED 75. Getting the ATMOS DD+ versions from the Kodi and Netflix over the eARC but these is no sound when TrueHD or DTS-HD audio selected in Kodi

Yup, had researched about this back in the day, will surely be getting Pro version if I ever buy one. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the info.

Do these high end TVs passthrough Dolby Atmos TrueHD and DTS MA from a hard disk? CX or x900 and similar TVs?
Ah ouch. Didn't know this, my bad. Apologies. Jeez that feels like a hugely roundabout way of doing things just to shave off some cost maybe.

Thanks for the info.
No issues :)
It won't work from an HDD or from network. However, they will passthrough the audio from an HDMI source to eARC. So for example an LG CX will pass through TrueHD if it gets the audio from an HDMI source like Nvidia Shield.

The passthrough via HDMI happens over hardware, i.e. the entire audio stream just gets copied. However, from internal apps it won't work as they need firmware support for that, which LG/Sony don't have.
Thanks for sharing this. I am facing the same issue with my Mi QLED 75. Getting the ATMOS DD+ versions from the Kodi and Netflix over the eARC but these is no sound when TrueHD or DTS-HD audio selected in Kodi
I think it will work if you get an external streamer and then set the output mode to passthrough in the TV.

Ah ouch. Didn't know this, my bad. Apologies. Jeez that feels like a hugely roundabout way of doing things just to shave off some cost maybe.
I don't think it shaved off cost. It's just that Sony didn't know the limitations of that Mediatek chipset. It's also whats holding back the VRR on it. Sony is trying their best to fix the issue by upscaling and improving that upscaling with updates.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back