Looking for a budget 55 inch 4K TV

I am looking for a good 55 inch 4k TV for my home theatre.
I use it mainly to watch movies on Amazon prime and occasionally connect to my desktop to play games.
I am not perticular about smart features or Android TV as I have fire stick.
I am going to connect this TV with my Marantz SR 5010 so 4K upscaling is not a problem.
My primary requirement is good picture quality.
I searched in forum and also went through some reviews and thought of VU pixel light but unfortunately it is out of stock.
So please give some suggestions. As far as possible I wouldnt prefer a Chinese brand
Thanks in advance

Whats your budget ?.

I would suggest invest in good brand -- SONY ,SAMSUNG, LG..etc, so it will be reliable for long time & you get better picture quality.
PANASONIC , SHARP comes next in the line.

If you are looking still price below ,
you may need to look for ONIDA its around 50k.

Not sure how reliable MI Tvs are , they are even cheaper.

Alternatively you may check for non SMART TV & Full HD Tv as your budget is less .

Since your primary requirement is picture quality and you need a budget smart TV...best option is Ridaex Nuke Series 55" TV... It is having an awesome picture quality and the price comes within 55k...
I checked the specs and it was really good at least on paper. Have you suggested this based on your personal experience? Does it have a decent after sale service? Where it is available?

Whats your budget ?.

I would suggest invest in good brand -- SONY ,SAMSUNG, LG..etc, so it will be reliable for long time & you get better picture quality.
PANASONIC , SHARP comes next in the line.

If you are looking still price below ,
you may need to look for ONIDA its around 50k.

Not sure how reliable MI Tvs are , they are even cheaper.

Alternatively you may check for non SMART TV & Full HD Tv as your budget is less .
This will be my secondary TV as I have a Samsung TV in living room. I also have a Projector which I use to watch movies. Since running projector everytime is bit difficult I thought of buying a TV so that I can use more easily and often.
So I am looking under 50k

I checked the specs and it was really good at least on paper. Have you suggested this based on your personal experience? Does it have a decent after sale service? Where it is available?
yea its based on my personal experience...the only factor to be improved in the TV is the smoothness in mirror casting...all other features are really good...you can buy them online at the gotmatter website...

the after sales service is good...there hasn't been any problem for me...everything was done correctly and the customer support team cleared all my doubts regarding the product...

This will be my secondary TV as I have a Samsung TV in living room. I also have a Projector which I use to watch movies. Since running projector everytime is bit difficult I thought of buying a TV so that I can use more easily and often.
So I am looking under 50k

Try these
SANYO
https://www.amazon.in/Sanyo-Certified-Android-XT-55A081U-Metallic/dp/B07HW54ZX2
Its priced 50 k.

TCL : 43K , Many of this Tv brand is running in my office , picture clarity is good.
https://www.amazon.in/TCL-inches-L5...TF8&qid=1539776817&sr=1-1&keywords=55+inch+tv

Ridaex Nuke
Panel Type : A+ IPS

Check if your Samsung model has a VA panel or an IPS panel. If you are used to the good blacks and contrast levels of VA panels, then you may want to avoid lower-cost IPS panels which only offer better viewing angles as a benefit.

The Shinco promoting lady from Techiebeez is also strongly against the Ridaex brand as mentioned in her latest comment on her review video for this brand:

"By mistake too, don't go for Ridaex!"

She has also linked to her IPS vs VA video where she is also against IPS panels as I am.

I think my extreme distrust against her was unjustified as others have pointed out.

But I would still not trust her blindly due to her own preferences and tie-ups. And she may be wrong too. Just as she took back her recommendation for Ridaex after some time of using the TV and getting feedback, she may also take it back for Shinco.

I would just not trust the no-name brands like Ridanex or Shinco for a costly purchase such as a TV. Since TVs are meant to be used for a number of years, I would extend the budget or go for a smaller size but go for a branded one.

Thanks everyone for valuable suggestions.
Sanyo seems to be a good option as it is a subsidiary of Panasonic.
Any reviews from those using VU?
I am more inclined towards VU because I have a 32 inch VU TV and I am satisfied with its performance and felt worth for the price

Got the Samsung 55NU7100 from reliance digital for 66100/- with a cash back of 6000/- , 6 month interest free emi on icici card. Panasonic FX600D also goes for 65k with a 10% cash back on icici or axis bank card.

Thanks everyone for valuable suggestions.
Sanyo seems to be a good option as it is a subsidiary of Panasonic.
Any reviews from those using VU?
I am more inclined towards VU because I have a 32 inch VU TV and I am satisfied with its performance and felt worth for the price
Hi,
I am using VU 55" 4k HDR TV since last 1 year. Its picture quality & upscaling is on par with Sony & Samsung TVs. But, i am not too sure on HDR front. The HDR picture quality of VU doesn't look as good as in SONY & Samsung. Since, i don't have too many 4k videos, i am not complaining.

Hi,
I am using VU 55" 4k HDR TV since last 1 year. Its picture quality & upscaling is on par with Sony & Samsung TVs. But, i am not too sure on HDR front. The HDR picture quality of VU doesn't look as good as in SONY & Samsung. Since, i don't have too many 4k videos, i am not complaining.
Pixel light or iconium series?

Hi,
HDR requires high peak brightness and WCG to look good.Only High end tvs provide that.So even if low and mid range tvs supports HDR the picture quality is not good.

I found out that my Marantz SR5010 receiver has received updates for Dolby Vision and HDR. Does that mean I need not to look for those features in TV?

Got the Samsung 55NU7100 from reliance digital for 66100/- with a cash back of 6000/- , 6 month interest free emi on icici card. Panasonic FX600D also goes for 65k with a 10% cash back on icici or axis bank card.

Forget to mention. Samsung 55nu7100 comes with a 2.1 sound bar (model k350) as a freebie. I further negotiated to reduce the price without this but could not. The sound bar’s printed mrp is 11.5 k

hey bro can u share the bill copy with me - I have spoken to the reliance guy and they are quoting a higher price and has advised that if I am able to arrange the bill copy- they can arrange that discount for me - my email id is [email protected]

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back