Looking for a Stereo Amplifier and CD player under 30000 Rs

daisy.india

Hello ppl, I'm interested in buying an integrated stereo amplifier, speakers and a cd player under 30000 RS in Chennai . I am expecting some good suggestions from you guys.

Hello ppl, I'm interested in buying an integrated stereo amplifier, speakers and a cd player under 30000 RS in Chennai . I am expecting some good suggestions from you guys.

Daisy, at the outset, welcome to the forum.

If you are not averse to Indian systems, you should take a serious look at amps and speakers from a company called Audiocraft. The model is called Craftel.

In terms of a CDP, the best will be the CA 340C at your budget. If that does not fit your budget, you can look at a good DVD Player that plays music also well. You might also be able to get a good second hand CDP at around 10K or less.

Let us have your thoughts. I have personally auditioned the Craftel amps and speakers and they are very decent for the price. A few modifications and you will have a good system on hand.

Cheers

Hi:

Welcome to this wonderful forum. If you can increase your budget a little bit, you will be happy with the following setup:

Cambridge Audio Azur 340A SE - 13k
Cambridge Audio Azur 340C SE - 13k
Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 - 11k

Total - 37k

or

Marantz PM4001 - 10-11k (not sure)
Marantz CD5002 - 10k

Total - 32k

or

NAD amp + cd (not sure of price)

hi daisy
vinods recommendations are good. the speakers are constant. all the amps are good. its a matter of what you prefer listening to. each of the amps has its own characteristics. is there any particular way you like your music. or what parts of it do you like (strings, vocals, bass, highs etc). all that would determine which amp you go with. keep asking questions - it makes you realize what you are looking for in a music system. then go audition it. you'll find the differences easier to find then

cant really comment on audiocraft since i havent heard it. but if venkat recommends it then its definitely worth being in contention

hi,

i was the other day talking to someone in mumbai about nad c372 and harmon kardon hk970, and he says that hk 970 is as good as nad and at half the price it is worth buying. hk970 costs 35000/-. i've been using nakamichi amp1 and my suggestion to u is that look at something between hk970,nad c372, denon pma 1500ae.don't settle for anything less even though it costs a little more. as for the cd player i don't have much knowledge except that there is one model by onkyo which is around your budget.

deepak

hi,

i was the other day talking to someone in mumbai about nad c372 and harmon kardon hk970, and he says that hk 970 is as good as nad and at half the price it is worth buying. hk970 costs 35000/-. i've been using nakamichi amp1 and my suggestion to u is that look at something between hk970,nad c372, denon pma 1500ae.don't settle for anything less even though it costs a little more. as for the cd player i don't have much knowledge except that there is one model by onkyo which is around your budget.

deepak

i wouldnt put the hk and the nad in the same league. i've owned both

hi,

deepak

Harmon kardon and NAD in the same league :eek:

NAD is superior in everyway with respect to 2-channel music IMO, and many members here would agree to this. You are suggesting Denon PMA 1500AE that cost around 55,000 alone to somebody whose total budget for amp+cd+speakers are 30,000, yeah you were right asking him to settle for better for more price, but I think its way too costly to spend so much here for an amp alone.

CD player from onkyo ? model number please and the price.

@Psychotropic and the OP - it's Marantz CD5001 and not CD5002

Hi,

As Venkat suggested, Audiocraft products are true value for money. I am having the stereo setup from Audiocraft and if you wish you can come for an audition (I am in Chennai only). I use only the Philips DVD player (DVP642K) for music and I am very much satisfied with the sound quality. You can view the images through Picasa. Link: Craftel speakers and amplifier Muthusami - Craftel

Please send me a private message if you wish to come for an audition.

Last edited:
no idea. haven't listened to any of the indian makes. though i must on my next trip to india

Instead of Buying a entry level Cd player you can go for A Good dvd player
which is available at a much lower price.
I have Compared an Entry level NAD cd player (c524) with a phillips Dvd player which has 24 bit /192 DAC.. and did not find much difference.
I accept I dont have an Audiophile Ears..:eek: But still the price difference is unacceptable.

Thanks
Saran

I have Compared an Entry level NAD cd player (c524) with a phillips Dvd player which has 24 bit /192 DAC.. and did not find much difference.
I accept I dont have an Audiophile Ears..:eek: But still the price difference is unacceptable.

Thanks
Saran

Saran,

I agree with your point. I have the Philips DVD player (model: DVP642K) with 24bit/192 DAC capacity. I am enjoying to the fullest. There is no audiophile or golder ears; only what is acceptable to you is the best output. So please don't give up that you don't have audiophile ears. In my opinion, all Philips DVD players are good for music and cost effective. Recently I bought a Samsung DVD player; on comparing, Philips outperformed Samsung in audio.

An entry level Cambridge Audio 340C SE which is about 13k or Marantz CD5001 which is about 10k will always beat hands down any DVD player (music)that costs lets say 8k (if that's what you meant by 'much lower price DVD')

Only IF you can live with the sound coming from a DVD player for a 2-channel setup that costs 'much lower' than a budget dedicated cdp, then one can happily take the plunge and get a 'much lower price' DVD.

IMO.

An entry level Cambridge Audio 340C SE which is about 13k or Marantz CD5001 which is about 10k will always beat hands down any DVD player (music)that costs lets say 8k (if that's what you meant by 'much lower price DVD')

Only IF you can live with the sound coming from a DVD player for a 2-channel setup that costs 'much lower' than a budget dedicated cdp, then one can happily take the plunge and get a 'much lower price' DVD.

IMO.

Vinod_david,

It depends on the taste. If you can come for an audition to my home, you may change your opinion! Welcome for an audition.

IMO.

I mean the Phillips DVD player that costs around 3K. it also has a 24 bit/192 DAC and Plays Audio Cd's very well.
I know that a dedicated CD player is any day much better than a DVD player
but when I listened to the phillips dvd player in my friends place. I immediatly compared it with the NAD CD player that my friend had .and the sound that came from phillips DVD player was really Good. It didnt beat the NAD but the difference was very less. This is totally my opinion.

Thanks
Saran

I mean the Phillips DVD player that costs around 3K. it also has a 24 bit/192 DAC and Plays Audio Cd's very well.
but when I listened to the phillips dvd player in my friends place. I immediatly compared it with the NAD CD player that my friend had .and the sound that came from phillips DVD player was really Good. It didnt beat the NAD but the difference was very less. This is totally my opinion.

Thanks
Saran

What you said is very true. The difference in the sound quality is very less but the price difference is huge.

Thanks
Saran

I too use a Philips DVD player connected to the HT System and I must admit the sound is pretty good. While a dedicated high end CD player would outperform "all" DVD players probably (with the exception of an Oppo) its not always an option for everyone with the high costs involved. For myself I found that investing in Audioengine speakers was a better deal with most of my music collection on the PC and that's where I do most of my listening too. Not that I am against a dedicated CD player, but the Audioengine was giving great sound output and was working out cheaper too.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back