Looking for an AVR in 1Lakh

dr.arun

Hi Dear friends ,
My Yamaha YHT 299 has died and I'm looking to purchase a new AVR . Budget maximum 1Lakh . Denon Trivandrum has quoted 1.15-1.25 ( somewhere in that range he said) for 3700 with exchange price of 8-9k for my old AVR . ( Effectively could be as low as 1.05-1.15) .
1600 at 64k before exchange and 2700 at 75k

Is there any other models that I should look into . Right now I'm in a rented flat with a small dedicated room . But in afew years I'm building a home with full fledged HT. That's why I looked into 3700 . Should I defer the 9 channel plans and settle with 7 channel now ? That way I can save some 40-45k rupees too for now .

Kindly do advise me on models that I should look into and dealers .Anything from Marantz ?

I am travelling to Chennai and Friends from Banglore are meeting me there . So I can get in touch with dealers there from Chennai Banglore also .

Thanks in Advance guys

Denon 3700 is better than 2700. It’s future proof with additional channels & more powerful. It had preouts also for adding poweramp in future for front channels.

Equivalent marantz model is 6015.

Hi Dear friends ,
My Yamaha YHT 299 has died and I'm looking to purchase a new AVR . Budget maximum 1Lakh . Denon Trivandrum has quoted 1.15-1.25 ( somewhere in that range he said) for 3700 with exchange price of 8-9k for my old AVR . ( Effectively could be as low as 1.05-1.15) .

Is there any other models that I should look into . Right now I'm in a rented flat with a small dedicated room . But in afew years I'm building a home with full fledged HT. That's why I looked into 3700 . Should I defer the 9 channel plans and settle with 7 channel now ? That way I can save some 40-45k rupees too for now .

Kindly do advise me on models that I should look into and dealers .Anything from Marantz ?

I am travelling to Chennai and Friends from Banglore are meeting me there . So I can get in touch with dealers there from Chennai Banglore also .

Thanks in Advance guys

There will be new models in AVRs and also new features...since you are in a rented flat you maybe limited for installing speakers etc....so better settle for something you can use in the rented flat and then later go for the real deal....

For now instead of new....see the pre owned market and save more money that way....

Hi Dear friends ,

Thanks in Advance guys
@dr.arun - Can you please let me know the Denon Trivandrum contact details please .

I'd second @efernand1 suggestion of going with pre-owned with a spec that will meet your current speaker configuration requirement and defer the greater wish list for future and save some good money for the time being mainly so you could get the latest and greatest at the time of moving to a full fledged HT setup. If you are inclined towards new only and for longer term, then the 9 channel AVRs with 11.x pre-out models is what you should be looking at for scalability.

Hi Dear friends ,

Thanks in Advance guys
You can get 3700 for around 1 lac if you bargain hard.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back