looking for best Home Theatre System

jeus

Hi, everybody.

I m looking for a Home Theatre System - Receiver+surround floorstanding speakers. I m having Hitachi 42" LCD with philip upscaling dvd with hdmi. The system would be mostly for watching movies (70%) and listening soft instrumental music (30%). The budget is around 75K.

I have read read few post here and found that there are a lots of brands & combinations. I have been to SFX showroom in Mumbai where combination of Harman Kardon receiver (HK 247 for Rs 35K)) & JBL speakers (E series, E90, E10,E25,E150P for Rs.92K) or SFX500 tower with Boston Xu sub-woofer (for Rs 65K) were suggested. ProFX has suggested Denon receiver with Polk Speakers. How is Onkyo receiver ?

It will be great if someone can help me out and suggest the best brand/ speaker combination.

regards

Hi, everybody.

I m looking for a Home Theatre System - Receiver+surround floorstanding speakers. I m having Hitachi 42" LCD with philip upscaling dvd with hdmi. The system would be mostly for watching movies (70%) and listening soft instrumental music (30%). The budget is around 75K.

I have read read few post here and found that there are a lots of brands & combinations. I have been to SFX showroom in Mumbai where combination of Harman Kardon receiver (HK 247 for Rs 35K)) & JBL speakers (E series, E90, E10,E25,E150P for Rs.92K) or SFX500 tower with Boston Xu sub-woofer (for Rs 65K) were suggested. ProFX has suggested Denon receiver with Polk Speakers. How is Onkyo receiver ?

It will be great if someone can help me out and suggest the best brand/ speaker combination.

regards

Hey buddy

Welcome to the forum buddy...!!!
Have a pleasant stay here...!!!

Buddy, try out the
Q Acoustics 1010i Package @ Rs.48,650 (All bookshelf)
The product has been awarded the best speaker package under 750 pounds worldwide...by What Hi-Fi, continuoysly for the forth year...
And with that go in for Denon-1509 5.1 channel amplifier...

The total will be Rs. 73K, and add Rs.4-5K for the cables..

go in for Usher- 16 gauge cables..
the setup will be gr8, and you will really never regret for the same...

Lots of options for that budget. One that you could try is an Onkyo 506 (24k) plus Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s for the front and rear (22k for two pairs), 9.cc (7k) for the centre and SW150 (18k) ...the rest of the cash can be spent on cables.

The Harman Kardon - JBL combo will be much less refined than the one i've described above, and I think it is best that you avoid it.

Onkyo receivers are excellent, particularly for movies, and since your use is 70% movies, they would probably be ideal, although Denon and Yamaha also offer competent alternatives. With speakers also there are several other options, what I mentioned above is just one of many. But do give it a try.

Hi, everybody.

regards

Do consider Onkyo TX-SR606 its one of the best available under 40k it has got almost every features you would want. it has 7.1 channel whether you need it now or not you can check its specs at the onkyo site and it has won many awards when it comes to HT A/V receivers there arent many better than Onkyo and Denon so it would be better if you consider only these two for receivers.

and for speakers as has been suggested the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 is a great buy for the money.

If you want style and performance you can check the Kef speakers especially the KEF KHT2005.3 which is costlier than the Q Acoustics but is widely available in India goto any Pro Fx showrrom and you can get them.

M not sure about hte price of the speakers I have mentioned but do check it out.

Once you are done with your package do let us know your experience :D.

One more thing if you can go for a Oppo DVD player if budget permits :p

Hi!

Check out the following

1) Onkyo HTS 5100 (40K) - here if u want purchase wharfdale towers too
(22k) - total is 62K
2) Onkyo AVR 606 with wharfdale 9 series OR B&W speakers (____)
3) Denon 1909 - but this avr is not available in india
4) yamaha 663 with wharfdale speakers

Hi, everybody.

regards

Thanks for quick response & suggestions.

What about Klipsch or Jamo speakers with Onkyo 606 ? Is there any showroom for Onkyo in mumbai ?

regards

-jeus

I've short listed Onkyo AVR 606 + klipsch F2/C2 & S2 after my study & audition, planning to go ahead with the purchase shortly.

Will post my feed back in the forum..

Onkyo in mumbai:
the shop,
e-zone,
sumaria

- jamo speakers
(the latest one costing 83000/- check at reliance digital, vashi)

- but wharfdale is best
(contact:Kshitij on 9820096760.Designer Audio India Pvt. Ltd.)
abt the below mentioned speakers i will be posting a new thread (as costing is good)
a) Crystal-40 HCP - Rs. 27000/- (set)
b) Moviestar 65+ System - Rs.19500 (set)
c) Moviestar 50+ Super - Rs. 21000 (set)

Regards
Girl21
mumbai

What about Klipsch or Jamo speakers with Onkyo 606 ? Is there any showroom for Onkyo in mumbai ?

regards

-jeus

regards

-jeus

Bro...

Onkyo Sux...
Its only a name sake amp...

May be a good choice for many, as its among cheapest than any in the series..
So its your decision to take a risk on with Onkyo...

Yes, Klipsch have good speakers so no doubt on tht, but the same package will be a bit out of budget...

Jamo, still not preffered...

And when you preffering movies more, than no better than Yamaha, but yes even Denon is good, and stable for combo of movie n music...

My inputs here are more from a user perspective than an expert. I have the Onkyo 705 paired with Wharfdale Diamond package and it rocks! Movie sounds are dramatic as well as realistic. It is good for simple music as well. The Diamond 9.1 package with paradigm stands look stunning as well! I got the 705 from 'The Shop' in Mumbai for Rs 42K, which I think was a steal. Please PM me if you need more details as I bought all this less than a month back and would be glad to help

Next to 'The Club" in Andheri West. 022 26237800 - Jignesh Patel

I had a mixed experience in terms of their effort to help you buy and decide, but they seem to go pretty low on prices if you know what you want!

This is the ever sounding issue.

There is no concept like the Best Home Theater System. Consider your
Budget and Room size & room acoustics.

Usually dedicated home theater with large floor standing and minimum 2 surround set-up and a sub need dedicated rooms. The hall would be a big no-no for such set-up as managing room acoustics with lots of furniture around could be a nightmare.

What you hear in a audition room would be very different from reality of your home owing to room acoustics.

Since the receiver will be your center stage I suggest you do not compromise on this. Go for a minimum 7.1 with direct HDMI inputs and auto speaker calibration built-in. Once you finalize on the receiver then audition it with the speakers. You could settle for book shelf speakers and route the bass effects to the sub. Else forgo the sub n go for double woofer floor standing speakers. Since 70% use is going to be for movies, a very good center stage(speaker) is essential. In movies most of the main effects n speech is routed through the center channel.
There is no thumb rule that all the speakers should come from the same brand though the left n right should always be paired.
Just audition different sets of speakers and in different combination for surround/main/center channel and allow your ears to decide what best suits your listening style. Carry your own set of movie DVD's and music CD's during auditioning.

Good Luck.

Hi!

Check out the following

1) Onkyo HTS 5100 (40K) - here if u want purchase wharfdale towers too
(22k) - total is 62K
2) Onkyo AVR 606 with wharfdale 9 series OR B&W speakers (____)
3) Denon 1909 - but this avr is not available in india
4) yamaha 663 with wharfdale speakers

Hi,

Did you buy HT system?
If yes then pls post review.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back