Looking for best options in Home Theater within Budget

Joe Mathai

Hi,

I am looking forward to buy a home theater system for home viewer (Apartment with 11x17 inch room). It could be a mix and match to get the best deal in Bangalore during this festive time. I have a budget of 30-35k. Could you please suggest what all options I have ?

Purpose is pure home viewer and listen, I have a sony HDMI LCD 40 inch as well upscale DVD player. Looking for a system which will give crisp and detail sound for Hollywood movies and instrumental music. Not keen on heavy bass or loud sound (I am not at all fan of heavy metal music).

thanks in advance..

regards,
Joe

Thanks for your sugestion.
I could view only one model SCS 140 through the attachment. Can you please send the link for other one also which is priced at 40k, if you have ? I would like to compare their specification with below before audition.

I had audition yesterday at Modern World, Bangalore. They suggested 3 options in the price range of 35-40k.

1. Onkyo HT-S5100, priced at 40k. It seems this is a latest package from Onkyo and priced very attractively according to them.

2. Onkyo TX-SR304E (5.1 Channel) with ELAC Cinema 1 Sat, satellite speakers all 5 with Onkyo subwoofer SKW-204. This is priced at 35k.

3. Onkyo TX-SR505 (7.1 Channel) with same above 5 speakers and subwoofer. This is priced at 40k.

I liked third one compared to other two. Is it worth going for that at this price ? Specification of Cinema 1 speakers doesn't seem to be attractive.

I would like to have input from this community on these options and suggestion on any better mix and match possible within this budget.

Thanks & Regards, Joe

Buddy

Welcome to the forum ... !!!

Have a nice stay here ... !!!

Buddy...
It seems you are a English Movie freak...
Good...

Anyways, buddy, on one side, you are detailing your choice, to be crisp & detailed...
But, on the other hand you are ready to compromise with Onkyo...
Not worthy seriously...

Instead don't spend on for a 5.1 as your budget is too low...
Get yourself a nice amplifier and get a pair of speakers this festive season...
And slowly and gradually build your 5.1 HT setup...

Y i am saying this is because...
once you buy a onkyo setup...complete 5.1 with lower quality...
after a couple of months you will not find your self.. satisfied.. on this part...
So think on the same..

Thanks Mridul.

I watch movies more than listening to Music and enjoy more of Hollywood ones! It would be 70% Movies and 30% Music.

I would like to go with your advice, What would be your suggestion to go for a nice amplifier and a pair of speakers in this budget ? Will Onkyo TX-SR505 (7.1 Channel) be a good option, as its priced around 24k ?? Looking for a 7.1 channel, so in future I can upgrade if required.

Looking for inputs on AVR and pair of speakers within 40K. I have a limitation, all speakers need to be wall mounted.

Regards, Joe

Thanks Mridul.

I watch movies more than listening to Music and enjoy more of Hollywood ones! It would be 70% Movies and 30% Music.

I would like to go with your advice, What would be your suggestion to go for a nice amplifier and a pair of speakers in this budget ? Will Onkyo TX-SR505 (7.1 Channel) be a good option, as its priced around 24k ?? Looking for a 7.1 channel, so in future I can upgrade if required.

Looking for inputs on AVR and pair of speakers within 40K. I have a limitation, all speakers need to be wall mounted.

Regards, Joe

Joe...

Thanks for confirming the limitation...
i will keep in mind..

Anyways, for you i will recommend either to go in for Denon-AVR-1507 (Old Model), or Yamaha-436...
Yamaha because, they are very good for movies...
Denon because they are the best in its class, for movie & music combination...

Both of the amps would cost you nearly about Rs.22K...
The reason for suggesting you the Old model of Denon, is because, that particular model is better, than the new model AVR-1508...
Cant comment on the newest model AVR-1509...

Now, regarding the speakers...
when you are considering movies, Wharfedale Diamond 9.2 should be your best choice...
apart from that the options go in for Polk Audio - Monitor series - Monitor - 40...
More choices to go in with are, Q-Acoustics-1020i, and all...

Now, regarding the cables
Go in for the following :
QED - 16 Gauge - Rs.150 per mtr...
Usher - 16 Gauge - Rs.150 per mtr... Better Choice...
Monster - S-16 - Rs.140 per mtr...

The total package should cost you around Rs.22K + Rs.12K + Rs.2K (Cables, for front speaker only)...

Once you are done with this setup then, get yourself, a Subwoofer - Polk Audio - PSW-110 or 220 or even you can get wharfedal Diamind 9s...

Then look in for a pair of surround speakers and a center, to complete your 5.1 setup...

Where could we audition Denon AVR1507 with Wharfedale speakers in Bangalore?

I tried with Profx they don't have this combination, moreover this being a old model, profx don't have a fresh piece to sell. Do we have any other dealer selling Denon in Bangalore ?

How is AVR1509 ? your comments and suggestion even though its a 5.1 AVR. Looking forward for your inputs.

Regards, Joe

Where could we audition Denon AVR1507 with Wharfedale speakers in Bangalore?

I tried with Profx they don't have this combination, moreover this being a old model, profx don't have a fresh piece to sell. Do we have any other dealer selling Denon in Bangalore ?

How is AVR1509 ? your comments and suggestion even though its a 5.1 AVR. Looking forward for your inputs.

Regards, Joe

Buddy

Goto Vector systems, on Brigade Road, after signal, opp. school...
There Mr. Lokesh will be the right person, you can get this demo from...

I am not sure on 1509, as the reviews are not tht good as 1507...

Thanks for the rates of onkyo
-----------------------------------

Thanks for your sugestion.
I could view only one model SCS 140 through the attachment. Can you please send the link for other one also which is priced at 40k, if you have ? I would like to compare their specification with below before audition.

I had audition yesterday at Modern World, Bangalore. They suggested 3 options in the price range of 35-40k.

1. Onkyo HT-S5100, priced at 40k. It seems this is a latest package from Onkyo and priced very attractively according to them.

2. Onkyo TX-SR304E (5.1 Channel) with ELAC Cinema 1 Sat, satellite speakers all 5 with Onkyo subwoofer SKW-204. This is priced at 35k.

3. Onkyo TX-SR505 (7.1 Channel) with same above 5 speakers and subwoofer. This is priced at 40k.

I liked third one compared to other two. Is it worth going for that at this price ? Specification of Cinema 1 speakers doesn't seem to be attractive.

I would like to have input from this community on these options and suggestion on any better mix and match possible within this budget.

Thanks & Regards, Joe

WOW!!! good suggestion yarr...even my budget is 40....

even i had selected onkyo hts 5100....pls see my post and comment too:
http://www.hifivision.com/surround-...oht-s5100-denonavr1509-profxfusion-5-1-a.html

- 50% movies
- 30% music
- 20% cable

Joe...

Thanks for confirming the limitation...
i will keep in mind..

Anyways, for you i will recommend either to go in for Denon-AVR-1507 (Old Model), or Yamaha-436...
Yamaha because, they are very good for movies...
Denon because they are the best in its class, for movie & music combination...

Both of the amps would cost you nearly about Rs.22K...
The reason for suggesting you the Old model of Denon, is because, that particular model is better, than the new model AVR-1508...
Cant comment on the newest model AVR-1509...

Now, regarding the speakers...
when you are considering movies, Wharfedale Diamond 9.2 should be your best choice...
apart from that the options go in for Polk Audio - Monitor series - Monitor - 40...
More choices to go in with are, Q-Acoustics-1020i, and all...

Now, regarding the cables
Go in for the following :
QED - 16 Gauge - Rs.150 per mtr...
Usher - 16 Gauge - Rs.150 per mtr... Better Choice...
Monster - S-16 - Rs.140 per mtr...

The total package should cost you around Rs.22K + Rs.12K + Rs.2K (Cables, for front speaker only)...

Once you are done with this setup then, get yourself, a Subwoofer - Polk Audio - PSW-110 or 220 or even you can get wharfedal Diamind 9s...

Then look in for a pair of surround speakers and a center, to complete your 5.1 setup...

Onkyo AVR - which one????
Pure acoustic package - ????

where in mumbai can i purchase???

Onkyo AVR -304E
Pureacoustic pack- Tower AV799F
Centre AV799C
Sur AV799S
Sub RB1150

This offer is from ONKYO Wonderland.

You can enquire in Sumaria,E-zone or The Shop & ask to arange.

Onkyo Mumbai-022026650141, 26653525

1) Which on is better 5.1 channel or 7.1?

2) what about Onkyo HTS 5100 -> this is having HDMI

or

3) Onkyo TX-SR505 (7.1 Channel)

:confused::rolleyes:

Onkyo AVR -304E
Pureacoustic pack- Tower AV799F
Centre AV799C
Sur AV799S
Sub RB1150

This offer is from ONKYO Wonderland.

You can enquire in Sumaria,E-zone or The Shop & ask to arange.

Onkyo Mumbai-022026650141, 26653525

1) Which on is better 5.1 channel or 7.1?

2) what about Onkyo HTS 5100 -> this is having HDMI

or

3) Onkyo TX-SR505 (7.1 Channel)

:confused::rolleyes:

Getting 7.1 & HDMI support is always better.

You can opt from 5100 or 505.
505 is award winner.
I had listen to 304 in past with onkyo 230 spk,sounded good.

505 is better than that.7.1 give you option of Biwiring also.

Check your budget & decide between 505 & 5100

Getting 7.1 & HDMI support is always better.

You can opt from 5100 or 505.
505 is award winner.
I had listen to 304 in past with onkyo 230 spk,sounded good.

505 is better than that.7.1 give you option of Biwiring also.

Check your budget & decide between 505 & 5100

Buddy

First of all its not 7.1 that is best everytime...
Do remember, when you are not using the 2.0 channel, than that much power is a waste...
secondly going for any Onkyo product is a waste in itself...
So, there will be nothing to worry about HTS or AVR...

Better get something nice, even though it will take some time, for your relevant system, to be in position, but, you will be the one, to be satisfied, at the end of the day...

So think wisely...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back