Looking For Boomy SubWoofer for Kef 700

danish

Hi All,

I am having Kef Q400b, which is very good sub but this is a sealed sub.
This subs lacks boom and deep bass effect...I tend to hear classical & soft rock a lot and this sub is the best, I have heard until now.

But, when I hear something like hip-hop or techno or electronic, the subwoofer lacks boom effect or the deep punch I am looking in a ported sub-woofer. I did change some settings but couldn't find anything that could work out for me.

I was thinking if I could get a boomy sub-woofer (obviously ported), which I could use for hip-hop or techno & movies. I did look at the internet and could find subwoofers like SVS, Velodyne & HSU. Which one of these would be the most boomy and goes well the hip-hop, techno ?

Any response would be greatly appreciated! I do not want to get anything without auditioning.

Polk PSW 125 is known for its boom... Try n seee. It may Surprise you!!!

Could u pls let me know the price for q400.. I will be happy to buy them from u...pm me the details

Thanks Seker for the reply!
I shall def have a look on to Polk sub. I did use this sub prior to Kef........
It had too much resonance and I was not impressed with the boom it had.

I am not planning to sell the KEF q400b either. I would rather keep it for hearing songs other than hip-hop & boom bassy stuff. Only if I find the new subwoofer satisfactory for the classical, soft rock, I will sell Q400b only then.
The Q400b is master in its own league. My receiver supports dual sub-woofer, I shall switch the woofer based on the songs I hear.

I shall def contact you if ever I make my mind to sell this off.

Thanks,
Danish

Back