Looking for budget $150 2.1 speaker setup

armin

Hello,

Currently I have a Kinyo SA-909 speaker set-up which I think is at least 10 years old and I am not even sure if the company exists as I can't google it! :eek: The speakers sound good although they do crack when I play songs like All of Me by Jon Schmidt and I feel that the bass is lacking. :sad: I am looking for a upgrade. :cool:

For my audio source (output), I managed to get Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 LGA 1150 ATX Intel Motherboard $119.99 ($99.99 after $20 rebate) at microcenter.com It has gold-plated audio jacks and separate pcm (left and right) for audio which is supposed to be good? Also it can power headphones up to 600 ohms.

I did quite some research, and it seems that Klipsch ProMedia ProMedia 2.1 are good speakers, with particularly good bass (maybe even the best for a 2.1 system) based on reviews. It costs around $130 and the bass aspect appeals to me as I do like to listen to dubstep, pop and electro songs, although classical is also a genre I listen to.

Do you think it would be better for me to buy the subwoofer and the two satellite speakers separately, thus giving me the best bang for the buck? Since my motherboard has Realtek 1150, will I need to buy a preamp? Can I just connect the subwoofer and the two speakers into the motherboard as it supports up to 7.1 channel audio? I am currently on a tight budget, so I wish not to exceed $150.

Thanks for reading and your help! signthankspin:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back