Looking for Cheap, around 10k Soundbar with balanced sound

+1 , I have not used Boat Sound bar , But i have used theirs's head phones. Surprisingly its too good for the price. I have listened to their BT speakers as well , they also too good. I feel their Sound bar also supposed to be good as per Amazon reviews. and under 10 k supposed to be best Soundbar.
Second option would be Creative Soundbar under 10k.

Even I have used their headphones but soundbar is some other commodity. I have seen and heard but it is more towards heavy bass and most often than not, it makes dialogues hard to hear.

I am waiting for stocks to stabilise as most dealers have almost no new stock for months and have asked me to wait for a month or two, after which I can select which one suits me best. I need clear dialogues, and a 2.1 does not support my needs.

Even I have used their headphones but soundbar is some other commodity. I have seen and heard but it is more towards heavy bass and most often than not, it makes dialogues hard to hear.

I am waiting for stocks to stabilise as most dealers have almost no new stock for months and have asked me to wait for a month or two, after which I can select which one suits me best. I need clear dialogues, and a 2.1 does not support my needs.
I think u may need to increase your budget .. and get atmos compatible sound bars .

soundbar.jpg
Look at this comment on a Youtube video. I don't know why people queue up for something that is almost non-existent. Everyone, including reviewers give it as a Con if a soundbar does not have Dolby Atmos capability. At times when buyers complain that seldom any sound appears from the satellite speakers from a 5.1 system, (they are not supposed to relay content like the front channels do) shows how ill-informed they are.

Following your search keenly as i am also on the the lookout for a budget , less than 15k soundbar for my cx tv. At the moment i am using a old philips bluetooth speaker - 12 watts - for clear dialogues, near me . Its doing a great job as keeping the the volume at just 30% is loud enough. If you sit within 2 meters of the tv, all inputs are clear but i sit at exactly 8 ft and in some cases voice is not clear.
I explored 3 options -
1. Get another of these similar philips speakers as the lg tv needs both the paired speakers to be of the same model for surround sound setup. Its just Rs 1500 now.
2. Get the highly rated polk signa solo soundbar at around 9k but it has no hdmi input. 100 watts.
3. Up the budget to around 19k and get the polk signa s2 with hdmi input or wait for diwali and get it for 15k. Last year ppl bought it for 15k during festival season.

View attachment 58621
Look at this comment on a Youtube video. I don't know why people queue up for something that is almost non-existent. Everyone, including reviewers give it as a Con if a soundbar does not have Dolby Atmos capability. At times when buyers complain that seldom any sound appears from the satellite speakers from a 5.1 system, (they are not supposed to relay content like the front channels do) shows how ill-informed they are.
Atmos is a next level of growing audio technology . Netflix is adding more atmos contents , Not sure about Prime video. Atmos works well with xbox one x and heard it should work well with latest Fire TV as well. Since you are looking for mutichannel audio , thats why suggested atmos capable sound bars.
One thing to note -- Soundbars will not match dedicated 5.1 setup or any atmos setup (5.2.2 or 7.2.2) etc. Soundbars will virtually try to achieve the same results with individual speaker drivers set it up in Sound bar. Generally Atmos sound bars will have more speaker drivers than oher soundbars.

Soundbars are, usually, used with TVs, as the above comment suggested. Xbox and others are not the usual choice and hence, not popular with public as such. I have not heard about Fire TV in India yet, some select audience may have them I don't know. Anything with 5.2.2 or 7.2.2 is obviously out of bounds for people looking for a 10K budget.

You will get far better sound with a pair of Edifier speakers connected to your TV. This so called "balanced sound" sound bar you are looking for does not exist at your asking price. In fact, I doubt if you will find one even at 5x the price.

Soundbars are, usually, used with TVs, as the above comment suggested. Xbox and others are not the usual choice and hence, not popular with public as such. I have not heard about Fire TV in India yet, some select audience may have them I don't know. Anything with 5.2.2 or 7.2.2 is obviously out of bounds for people looking for a 10K budget.
I think latest smart tvs support atmos . Yes with 10K , u cannot get these sound bars.

You will get far better sound with a pair of Edifier speakers connected to your TV. This so called "balanced sound" sound bar you are looking for does not exist at your asking price. In fact, I doubt if you will find one even at 5x the price.

Sorry to say, your information is incorrect. Get MI soundbar, at just under 6k (I got mine under 5) and it produces remarkably clear sound, that too with 4 passive radiators. And at just 28 watts, it thrills everyone.

The pandemic forced work from home, entertain at home and all dealers of PCs, laptops, soundbars achieved their sales targets till 2023 ... now no one willing to reduce a penny and asking exhorbitant rates. Else LG's SL6Y was the best for me with balanced sound, at just around 12k, but now its out of stock. At 5x the price, I have a plethora of options.

You will get far better sound with a pair of Edifier speakers connected to your TV.

Do they come with some controller, I mean for left right and centre channels? or an amplifier? Or do you intend to say that just connect them and forget everything? How do I connect them? Can you be specific with a model number? I will be enlightened!

I think latest smart tvs support atmos .

Many do, my TV does not. And where is the content? I am not a fan of sci-fi movies and if it restricts to only this content, then its a waste of money. When neither Netflix nor Amazon Prime have any Atmos content, I don't know why people gun for it? If you know, please enlighten me. I might as well get one ...

The pandemic forced work from home, entertain at home and all dealers of PCs, laptops, soundbars achieved their sales targets till 2023
ummm....so achieving sales targets mean they sound good? Have not heard that one before. I am not criticizing the sound of any sound bar. They just don't sound anywhere as good as even a reasonably priced 2 way stand mount speaker. There is zero separation too. If the setup of your home can accommodate a stand or wall mount, you are going to hear far better sound with two good quality stereo speakers versus a plastic resonating box filled with speakers.

so achieving sales targets mean they sound good?

NO. Actually I was looking for SL6Y, having a 3.1 channel setup, they were retailing for 11-12k, but now as stocks are out, anyone having is selling for almost 20k, which is even higher than Sony RT3, which is 5.1

My TV has no headphone jack, hence cannot connect speakers. Bluetooth/HDMI exists.

Separate speakers do produce good sound, but then connectivity is a big issue. HT has a blueray which unnecessarily adds to the cost, which I won't use.

HT has a blueray which unnecessarily adds to the cost, which I won't use.
I am a little sceptical about Sony. Unless I hear them myself, I don't buy em. Likewise for most things AV. One persons comment on the sound does not mean I will like it.

Its not about not using the blu ray drive. You want something that will satisfy you for some time. We don't buy these things once every two or 3 years. Even though you may spend more for a htib, you will be more pleased with the sound long term, provided it is a decent htib. What we do is tend to buy things for the short term cause it satisfies us immediately and before you know it, you want to upgrade to something else cause you know you can get better. With this approach, you end up spending more. Granted some sound bars are cheap and practical for some.

I used a plastic Samsung htib for almost 4 years. Hardly spun a disc in it. I could not place the rear wireless speakers but I did have a nice FCR + Sub and it was really nice. No sound bar could match it even though this was as cheap as some. That central beam of sound from these sound bars make it sound almost mono and center approached.

I fully agree with your thoughts.

We had an old Philips CRT TV, working normally. Was looking for a decent bluetooth speaker for my laptop and had no inkling we would need to replace TV. I got the MI soundbar, which played music fantastically and even at half volume, it satisfied me. A year down the line TV stopped working and no engineer to service, we researched and got LG 7780. Now we already had a soundbar and it worked good too.

My son fiddled with settings and on HD channels, got 5.1 and suddenly our room filled with immersive sound BUT the volume did not increase beyond 20%, and that sent us looking for alternatives.

I am not at all interested in high wattage. Though Philips reputation gone, I still looked to buy 2163B, around 9k, but no one is selling/stock out. Sony sells S20R, 5.1 for under 15k, but I don't need surround speakers. Moreover their main soundbar is almost only 2/3 of RT3, channel separation is not that good. Most other soundbars are bass heavy, overpowering dialogues, which I don't want.

I got two varieties of HDMI to SpDif splitter, but my soundbar did not accept signals and even in muted condition, produced jarring noises.

Lastly I zeroed down on LG SL6Y, a 3.1 channel soundbar with subwoofer.

I fully understand that those tinny elliptical speakers housed in soundbar don't do full justice compared to Woofer, Squawker and Tweeter, but then you have to compromise somewhere. Even an HT goes above 30k (paying unnecessarily for blueray) makes no sense.

One member offered Yamaha 107, but he did not have any HDMI compatible device to connect, moreover living toooo far,

Keeping fingers crossed

Back