Looking for Courtroom dramas - Movies & Serials

Law & Order - US TV serial which has been one of the best for years.

Each episode has two segments - the "Law" segment is the police investigation on the scene of a crime.
This is then developed to the "Order" segment which is the courtroom proceedings based on the police investigations.

Look up the older seasons from the 90s for some of the best episodes. The recent ones are not too bad either.

Last edited:
Three awesome movies from the fifties

Anatomy of a Murder (1959)
12 Angry Men (1957)
Witness for the Prosecution (1957)

more recent ones

My Cousin Vinny (1992) - comedy + coutroom drama
The Lincoln Lawyer (2011)

Last edited:
Yes!! Perry Mason, Agatha Christie's "Hercule Poirot ( David suchet) episodes.

My fav court room drama is "Blue Eyed boy" Paul newman's "The verdict".

Last edited:
Hi,

Looking for suggestions for courtroom dramas - movies and serials both. Thanks

Found "A Time to Kill" a very absorbing court drama on tensions arising out of racial discrimination. The lead characters are splendidly cast.

Some years ago "Murder One" was a good TV show.

For a riveting court room finish Al Pacino, see "Scent of a Woman".

Tom Cruise starer "A Few Goodmen" had some impressive military court scenes.

How about the classic "To Killa Mockingbird"?

"Philadelphia" has had me glued to the chair as well.

Of course my favourite is "12 Angry Men". A great repeat watch.

In terms of court room drama series it is difficult to go wrong with The Practice. Boston Legal is kind of a spin off from The Practice, but I hold the original in higher esteem, it is more serious, definitely more authentic and less of an 'eye-catcher' / gimmicky.

12 Angry Men is one of those movies which everyone should have in their list, a must watch.

How about movies based on John Grisham's work?

The Firm
The Pelican Brief
The Rainmaker
The Runaway Jury
The Client

I don't know if you want a suggestion in Hindi movies, I saw a movie Shahid few days back. It is a about a muslim guy, who during the hindu muslim riot, got arrested under terrorism charges. He spent some time in jail but was finally set free by the court. Then he decides to study law and started practicing criminal laws by defending persons (mostly illiterate poor muslims) arrested under terrorism charges. In his seven years of practice his acquittal rate was 17. He faced criticism and threats during his short career before he was shot dead in his law chamber. This is based on a true story.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back