Looking for Courtroom dramas - Movies & Serials

I don't know if you want a suggestion in Hindi movies, I saw a movie Shahid few days back. It is a about a muslim guy, who during the hindu muslim riot, got arrested under terrorism charges. He spent some time in jail but was finally set free by the court. Then he decides to study law and started practicing criminal laws by defending persons (mostly illiterate poor muslims) arrested under terrorism charges. In his seven years of practice his acquittal rate was 17. He faced criticism and threats during his short career before he was shot dead in his law chamber. This is based on a true story.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.."
-John F. Kennedy

Here is my list ....

TV Shows (watched/in progress/watchlist):
- The Good Wife
- Suits
- Boston Legal
- Rake
- The Practice
- Shark
- The Divide

P.S.: I started watching 'The Good Wife' and 'Shark' on the recommendation of our fellow forum member Sam9s and his recommendations always work for me :)
So keep reading the dedicated TV series thread for many more interesting reviews of many members... http://www.hifivision.com/movies/21850-fans-television-series-90.html

Movies:
- My Cousin Vinny
- 12 Angry Men
- A Few Good Men
- The Lincoln Lawyer
- A Time to Kill
- The Verdict
- And Justice For All

There was another series featuring Glenn Close and Rose Byrnes, both acting as female lawyers in a NY law firm, cant recall the name of the serial, it was quite good.

I don't know if you want a suggestion in Hindi movies, I saw a movie Shahid few days back. It is a about a muslim guy, who during the hindu muslim riot, got arrested under terrorism charges. He spent some time in jail but was finally set free by the court. Then he decides to study law and started practicing criminal laws by defending persons (mostly illiterate poor muslims) arrested under terrorism charges. In his seven years of practice his acquittal rate was 17. He faced criticism and threats during his short career before he was shot dead in his law chamber. This is based on a true story.

Sounds interesting ... a definite addition to my list. Thanks!

Here is my list ....

TV Shows (watched/in progress/watchlist):
- The Good Wife
- Suits
- Boston Legal
- Rake
- The Practice
- Shark
- The Divide

P.S.: I started watching 'The Good Wife' and 'Shark' on the recommendation of our fellow forum member Sam9s and his recommendations always work for me :)
So keep reading the dedicated TV series thread for many more interesting reviews of many members... http://www.hifivision.com/movies/21850-fans-television-series-90.html

Movies:
- My Cousin Vinny
- 12 Angry Men
- A Few Good Men
- The Lincoln Lawyer
- A Time to Kill
- The Verdict
- And Justice For All

Thank you for the suggestions Techno. Don't think I have seen The Verdict - goes into my list. How's The Divide ... have been thinking of getting it.

1. Amistad - Revetting performace by Anthony Hopkins under stellar direction from Speilberg
2. The Exorcism of Emily Rose
3. Fracture
4. Primal Fear - Must watch!
5. Scent of a Woman - Not exactly a courtroom, but on similar lines

Found "A Time to Kill" a very absorbing court drama on tensions arising out of racial discrimination. The lead characters are splendidly cast.

Some years ago "Murder One" was a good TV show.

For a riveting court room finish Al Pacino, see "Scent of a Woman".

Tom Cruise starer "A Few Goodmen" had some impressive military court scenes.

How about the classic "To Killa Mockingbird"?

"Philadelphia" has had me glued to the chair as well.

Of course my favourite is "12 Angry Men". A great repeat watch.

=====

How did I miss this gem?

Judgment at Nuremberg

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back