Looking for Feedback on Revox B77 Spool Tape

Hassan Khani

Hi,

I am in the process of acquiring a Revox B77 Spool tape Recorder/ Player. Would like to know opinion on this specific Model from FMs.

Also an indication of reasonable price for a used one in good condition would be helpful.

Thanks,
Hassan.

It is one of the master pieces of spool tape recorders. Used predominantly in broadcast and prosumer markets. Has mutliple variants including 4 track and 15 ips speeds.

I have one, though got damaged recently due a mishap at home.

Superbly built and can last a life time. Price will vary on condition and how much of rework is done and also the condition of the playback and record heads. I would put the price upto 50K.

The NAB adapters are expensive for the spools.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Anil

Looks like 2 are available. I am still waiting for mine. He is trying for a NAB adapter and few empty 10 inch spool tapes.

@Anil. Is it possible to get pre-recorded tapes hindi, tamil OST? Or what is the best way to get these tapes recorded. As I do not have a good collection of LPs.

Looks like 2 are available. I am still waiting for mine. He is trying for a NAB adapter and few empty 10 inch spool tapes.

@Anil. Is it possible to get pre-recorded tapes hindi, tamil OST? Or what is the best way to get these tapes recorded. As I do not have a good collection of LPs.

You may not get any recorded tapes in the market unlike LPs. I have seen them advertised on eBay in U.S.

Also there could be differences in the recording mode in terms of tracks and tape speed.

How is the condition of the tape decks. I don't mind buying one of them.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back