Looking for HTiB with rear wireless speakers

gman

Hi all, I am looking to buy a HT for my living room. Rear 'wireless' speakers are a must. Tall boy speakers are also another requirement since I want to avoid the set up of bookshelf speakers even for the rear ones. I am more interested in enjoying all the subtle sound effects of movie with good bass where relevant. I certainly wont be blasting the room for sure as I don't want to disturb neighbors. Dialogue clarity is also a high priority. I am ok with a budget of 30,000-60,000 INR. But I can go higher if you think there is something certainly worth considering beyond that. Your suggestions would be of great help!

At the moment I have a LG 42' TV. If it makes it easy to have same brand TV and HTiB I am ok to replace my existing TV as well (if your recommended HTiB is not LG).

in a budget of 60k you can go either HTiB route or you can choose different component to build your own.

HTiB

Onkyo 3500
Denon 1312Xp
Pioneer has some models.

either choose any of basic av reciever like denon, yamaha,pioneer and add 5.1 speakers like Polk audio 1600, Tannoy FX 5.1, Tannoy HTS 101, energy micro, Jble cinema 300(however the price increased by 20k as compare to previous 25k)
and bargain as much as you can.

@CnC, Thanks for your quick response. But the challenge is that most of them do not have (a) tall boy speakers for rear or (b) real wireless speakers. I do know that sony has a few models (N990 for example, around 30K) that fit these criteria and now recently LG has come up with BH9530, but much pricier (70K). Would like to know experts feedback about those models. Couldn't find any suitable models from Samsung or other brands.

Last edited:
You don't get bookshelf speakers with htib. Even tall speakers are just satellites. I would say go for a proper home theater without wireless speakers.

Check out Violet. Have not tried it out myself but there are threads on it. Available from Hifimart at 67,000.
Wireless speakers are wireless only for speaker cable. They need power connections for each speaker.

Do consider the normal "wired" setup.

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/44546-violet-3d-first-impressions.html
http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...-feedback-review-views-opinion-violet-3d.html
http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/34012-want-buy-home-theatre-wireless-speaker.html
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/14260-watch-out-violet-speaker-unit.html

1. Avoid LG, Sony.
2. Go for some serious brands like Marantz, Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha etc.
3. They are not called tall boys but floorstanders.
4. Who told you that a bookshelf will not bring out the subtle details of movie sound? That's completely wrong and misconception from your part.
5. HTiB will not even come with bookshelf speakers, leave alone floorstander. They all are pretty much satellite speakers in different packagings. And to add to that, most of them at lower price range comes with passive sub. Which doesn't serve as well as a active counterpart.
6. Buy an AVR for around 25-30k and a speaker package like Energy Take Classic and this will keep you happy for many years to come. Take some audition of the said brands and decide yourself.

1. Avoid LG, Sony.
2. Go for some serious brands like Marantz, Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha etc.
3. They are not called tall boys but floorstanders.
4. Who told you that a bookshelf will not bring out the subtle details of movie sound? That's completely wrong and misconception from your part.
5. HTiB will not even come with bookshelf speakers, leave alone floorstander. They all are pretty much satellite speakers in different packagings. And to add to that, most of them at lower price range comes with passive sub. Which doesn't serve as well as a active counterpart.
6. Buy an AVR for around 25-30k and a speaker package like Energy Take Classic and this will keep you happy for many years to come. Take some audition of the said brands and decide yourself.

Hi Kaushik, Thanks for your response. On point 4, I didn't say anything about bookshelf speakers performance as such. I only want to avoid them as I don't want to have any wiring work done on the walls. I need floor standers for both front and rear. Since my living room is such that it has only two walls (front and back) it is not easy to have the wires run along the ceiling or some other route. I want to avoid any interior work done at this stage. Hence the specification of 'rear wireless'. I do understand that rear wireless speakers still get connected by wire to a rear unit, but that is fine in my case. Hope this clarifies.

Check out Violet. Have not tried it out myself but there are threads on it. Available from Hifimart at 67,000.
Wireless speakers are wireless only for speaker cable. They need power connections for each speaker.

Do consider the normal "wired" setup.

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/44546-violet-3d-first-impressions.html
http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...-feedback-review-views-opinion-violet-3d.html
http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/34012-want-buy-home-theatre-wireless-speaker.html
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/14260-watch-out-violet-speaker-unit.html

Hi, Thanks for your response. I did check out the info on violet. We would need some wiring done for electrical supply for the speakers, which means some amount of interior work to be done and hence not considering at this point in time. I am looking for a model where speakers can be kept standing on the floor, both for front and rear speakers, and with rear ones having wireless set up as well so the wires don't run from front to the back. cheers.

You don't get bookshelf speakers with htib. Even tall speakers are just satellites. I would say go for a proper home theater without wireless speakers.

Hi, thanks for your note. It is a must to have rear speakers as wireless. At the moment I do have a HTiB from LG with all wired speakers, but I have removed the rear ones as I didn't want any wires running from the front to the back. I am looking for a rear wireless model. Hope this clarifies.

Last edited:
Listen to the Violets at Chroma. They sound pretty decent at 62k and fits your requirement (although they are not FS).

Why do you insist on wireless? Go for wired one. You can easily hide the speakerwire by wisely wiring it. Wireless feature in LG Samsung is a gimmick as Naturelover said that you will afterall need power connections for the surround speakers. In that way its actually wired. Its not like bluetooth headsets of mobile where there is battery.

Show us some pics of your room we can help out.

Very true!

I have my 7.1 in a living room with speaker cables laid out in conduit pipes hidden in the walls. No big deal. Alternatively, you might consider using a good decorative skirting and run the cables through this. If you have false ceiling, this could be another alternative route though keep the speaker cables away from electrical cables!

Get good stuff. After all you will use it for many years.

Very true!

I have my 7.1 in a living room with speaker cables laid out in conduit pipes hidden in the walls. No big deal. Alternatively, you might consider using a good decorative skirting and run the cables through this. If you have false ceiling, this could be another alternative route though keep the speaker cables away from electrical cables!

Get good stuff. After all you will use it for many years.

Hi all,
Thanks for your responses. But the wiring route is not going to work for me. As I said earlier, my living room has only two walls (1 for TV and 1 in the opposite where the sofa comes). No third wall to run the skirting through..and no false ceiling either. We cant have cables run through the floor. A carpet is also not an option as the wires are still visible and maintenance of carpet is an overhead with plenty of dust settling in daily.

Just for everyone's benefit, I had wired HT's before in my previous flat with wires done through pipes etc. You can assume I am aware of what it takes to get wires concealed. it is just that those options are not applicable here. All I need is experts' feedback, if any, on the rear wireless models. And yes, I know that the rear speakers still get connected by wire. But the sofa will take care of that, and is not an issue.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back