Looking for Region Free DVD Player

meetcoolrocky

Hi All,

I am looking for a Region Free DVD Player within the range of around Rs 6K.

Any advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Rocky

I think best region free dvd player is LG dv388:).
The unlocking method is here
http://www.hifivision.com/dvd-players-dvd-hard-disk-recorders/1692-best-dvd-player-iwth-usb.html in this thread.

Ah, well all dvd players can be made region free. All philips ones can be made region free as well.

Ok, so here's how to make your LG DV388 region free....

Make sure you dont have any disk in the DVD player's tray. Switch on your dvd player and wait for the "no disk" display. now eject your dvd player's tray and press "000" on your remote. a menu opens up on your screen asking you to enter new region code. the default region code is also displayed, in our case its "5". So we need to press "0" to make it region free (There are 7 regions and 0 is for region free). Press pause to exit. Close the tray and restart the player. (If it doesnt run properly, change it back to region "5".)

Vola! You have a brand new region free DV388!

You can find this post of mine here:
http://www.hifivision.com/dvd-players-dvd-hard-disk-recorders/1692-best-dvd-player-iwth-usb-32.html

----------------------------

But here's my suggestion. DON'T GO FOR DV388, GO FOR 5996 EVEN IF IT COSTS MORE! I'm having Dv388 and its just 2 months old. There are glaring problems with the dvd player.

Read my review of DV388 here:
http://www.hifivision.com/dvd-players-dvd-hard-disk-recorders/2913-my-review-lg-dv388.html

Last edited:
I have a pioneer all zone (region free) DVD player with HDMI in mint condition.
It may be best choice after OPPO which is very expensive.

Pioneer 610 is a very good player, comes without any region lock. Should cost roughly 6-7K, but definitely much better than LG.

Agree on the Pioneer 610. I have this model and recently I saw its qualities in full glory when I played the ProDJI BD rip of the "Wanted" movie. It was almost like watching native 720p content.

I shelved my plans of selling the 610 for a BD player because of this. It also plays every video format (except for H.264, which I suppose no budget player does.) including WMV9 and DivX Ultra.

Go for it. It will cost you about 7k in Grey and around 9k with B&W.

I think mine is Pioneer 610. I will have to check.
As I just got OPPO 983H my Pioneer DVD player is up for sale. Just like new.

Hi All,

I am looking for a Region Free DVD Player within the range of around Rs 6K.

Any advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Rocky

Go for the Pioneer 610 without second thought. Its 100% value for money, price-to-performance player. It should cost you within 7K.

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Hey All,

Thanks for you replies..

So Pioneer 610 it is...

Can anyone tell me what places in Delhi i can get this DVD Player?

Thanks again for your replies.

Rocky

The cost of 610 in bangalore is about 6.6 grey market ..

Will be picking it up shorlty wanted know from chennai friends .. whatwill be the cost 610 in chennai ......

Normally chennai is cheaper compared to bangalore prices .....

Regards
Abhishek.

Will be picking it up shorlty wanted know from chennai friends .. whatwill be the cost 610 in chennai ......

Regards
Abhishek.

That is correct, but you need to do a lot of bargaining. I could get it only for 7k in Chennai last month.

Regards
Abhishek.

Regards
Abhishek.

Can you tell whee we can get this in Blore.

Also HDMI says 1080p/60hz. What is the meaning of this. I can understand 1080p, but what about 60hz...

Thanks,Prakash

Can you tell whee we can get this in Blore.

Also HDMI says 1080p/60hz. What is the meaning of this. I can understand 1080p, but what about 60hz...

Thanks,Prakash

60 hz is freq.Normal freq is 50hz for LCD.(pan has 100 Hz)
Higher the freq better the video.

I read the post [Refer Msg 317, Page 32 of the blog http://www.hifivision.com/dvd-player...th-usb-32.html
] as how to make LG388 region free. Followed the steps and it worked!.(but my player was already having "0" as regioncode = region free set in factory?)
However - MY "TV Buttons" STOPPED WORKING EVER SINCE I TRIED THIS. [ I have connected the DVD to LG's own brand - 32LG80UR LCD TV; The DVD Remote has Volume UP/Down, Program Up/down, Power On/Off, AVMode buttons for TV (top left on remote) Those were usable to operate the TV.] I really wonder how this settings effect DVD remote functioning on TV? However can't think of any other reason bcz i did not change anything else. I hope the DVD remote is not physically damaged or dropped by someone (as im the only one to operate it most of the times). It works well for DVD even now. i checed almost all buttons on it.
Any feed back on this is really appreciated. How can i get my DVD remote working on TV as well as before?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back