Looking to buy a new HiFi system - FS & AVR

Vishal

Dear Experts,

I've been a long time music lover but somehow never got a serious HiFi system together. My music had been played through CD players, Stereos, Ipods etc but am looking to finally invest in a decent mid/entry level HiFi system. I am looking for suggestions based on the below:

1. I Own: Full HD LCD TV, BlueRay DVD, PS3, Ipod/IPad and lots of CD/DVDs

2. Want to Buy: AVR (Denon 1912 or similar); pair of FS (entry/mid levels) - Heco Victa look very appealing.

3. Room size: 12 x 14 ft, Front throw ~ 12 ft (small Mumbai apartment)

4. Budget: 25 - 40 K for AVR; 25 - 40K for FS

5. Use: 40% music; 25% movies, 25% sports, 10% PS3

6. Style: I am looking for clarity, fidelity, crisp sounds. I dont intend to play loud, headbanging heavy metal or irate neighbours. Will probably listen to more mids/highs and occasional thump in the movies. Not looking for a heavy "loud" speaker. Moderate power/impedence is welcome as not looking to host a concert at my apartment. Airplay, Ipod friendly, ease of use are desirable.

I hope I am able to communicate my preferances. Pls let me know if I need to add anything. I haven't started audtions yet. I am also tempted to order some gear through amazon.de

Sincerely appreciate all your comments as well as the good work done through this forum.

Best,

Vishal

You can go for SP-FS51-LR Floor Standing Speakers from Pioneer which has some really good and solid reviews.

Denon AVR-1912 although is a good AVR but also consider Yamaha RX-V671.

you should go for demo on both AVR and speakers.

AVR -
Marantz 5006 (best price was 40k)
Yamaha 671 - 35k?
Denon 1912 (better to go for 2312 is what I heard from experts)

Speakers:
Wharf 9.5/9.6/10.5
MA - BR6
MS - Aviano 6 or 8
Tannoy Mercury V4

Dear Experts,

I've been a long time music lover but somehow never got a serious HiFi system together. My music had been played through CD players, Stereos, Ipods etc but am looking to finally invest in a decent mid/entry level HiFi system. I am looking for suggestions based on the below:

1. I Own: Full HD LCD TV, BlueRay DVD, PS3, Ipod/IPad and lots of CD/DVDs

2. Want to Buy: AVR (Denon 1912 or similar); pair of FS (entry/mid levels) - Heco Victa look very appealing.

3. Room size: 12 x 14 ft, Front throw ~ 12 ft (small Mumbai apartment)

4. Budget: 25 - 40 K for AVR; 25 - 40K for FS

5. Use: 40% music; 25% movies, 25% sports, 10% PS3

6. Style: I am looking for clarity, fidelity, crisp sounds. I dont intend to play loud, headbanging heavy metal or irate neighbours. Will probably listen to more mids/highs and occasional thump in the movies. Not looking for a heavy "loud" speaker. Moderate power/impedence is welcome as not looking to host a concert at my apartment. Airplay, Ipod friendly, ease of use are desirable.

I hope I am able to communicate my preferances. Pls let me know if I need to add anything. I haven't started audtions yet. I am also tempted to order some gear through amazon.de

Sincerely appreciate all your comments as well as the good work done through this forum.

Best,

Vishal

If DIY speakers are also under your scanner, then PM me for further details.

I shall buy yet another pair from you ....... if you are able to convince him to buy from you! :D:p:p ... promise.
Hope you will be happy after the delivery of the speaker and after listening to them after your patient wait. If they are not up to the mark you were expecting, then as mentioned in your original Krell Amplifiers link, i will for sure quit DIY speaker building for good and not even login to the forum.

Hope you will be happy after the delivery of the speaker and after listening to them after your patient wait. If they are not up to the mark you were expecting, then as mentioned in your original Krell Amplifiers link, i will for sure quit DIY speaker building for good and not even login to the forum.

===============================================

Murga.. Murga.. if you quit hari.. then who will make speakers for me ?

:)

Winners never Quit.. Quitters never win.. keep plugging away man.

regards
mpw

Back