manu4panjab

your next car..

hey bros.

what's your next car you dreaming of even when you studying or working

i tell you all mine i opt. for two from which i pick one

those two are honda crv or Tuscon

Last edited:
Hey Manu,
I hope i dont get shot for indulging u!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway i dont dream of cars but am really interested in the new Panamera. Its the first Porsche sedan. Reading about all the gung ho reports and trials.
As for Honda i love their vehicles and always end with up with one. I love my old City VTEC(2001) and actually prefer it to my Civic. CRV is tooo expensive for what it offers IMO and the tucson i have never driven.
Rgds

Re: your next car..

hey bros.

those two are honda crv or Tuscon

Do check out the new Toyota Fortuner :p. It is an excellent package (A better offroader, 3L diesel, 7 seater, better torque and power etc. etc.) and a much bigger VFM over the CRV.

and let me also recommend the Indian automotive forum team-bhp.com where you would find a huge number of "autophiles", not that audiophiles and car lovers are mutually exclusive breeds ;)

Re: your next car..

Do check out the new Toyota Fortuner :p. It is an excellent package (A better offroader, 3L diesel, 7 seater, better torque and power etc. etc.) and a much bigger VFM over the CRV.

and let me also recommend the Indian automotive forum team-bhp.com where you would find a huge number of "autophiles", not that audiophiles and car lovers are mutually exclusive breeds ;)

yup i also heard about fortuner :cool:

jus waiting for its proper review

CRV is just too expensive for the features it offers. Anyways Honda has always overpriced there cars in India. In India they are considered as "High End Luxury" for the middle class. Of course CRV is out of reach of an average middle class. I like Ford Endeavour, Toyota Prado, Mitsubishi Pajero. My immediate liking (which will be affordable for me, probably in next 3 years) is Tata Safari.

CRV is just too expensive for the features it offers. Anyways Honda has always overpriced there cars in India. In India they are considered as "High End Luxury" for the middle class. Of course CRV is out of reach of an average middle class. I like Ford Endeavour, Toyota Prado, Mitsubishi Pajero. My immediate liking (which will be affordable for me, probably in next 3 years) is Tata Safari.

best of luck bro

And another tragic part in the story is that my wife loves small cars!!! So anyday she wouldn't let me buy a Safari kinda vehicle. So some three months back we bought an i10, because we needed a new car...and then I thought I always had the chance for negotiating on Safari. But I was proved wrong!!!

You guys may find it odd.. but I only began dreaming about owning a car in the last one year. I have dreamed about owning a pair of Nellore Ongle Bulls since years though now ... :)

Cheers

CRV apart from being expensive has also a long delivery period. My friend who just bought the New Accord had casually inquired also about the CRV. The dealer said that the company does not stock the car and only gets it once the booking is done. I am not sure if the CRV is complete import or comes in CBU form in india

CRV apart from being expensive has also a long delivery period. My friend who just bought the New Accord had casually inquired also about the CRV. The dealer said that the company does not stock the car and only gets it once the booking is done. I am not sure if the CRV is complete import or comes in CBU form in india

Hi Rikhav,
It is a CBU (completely built unit) and hence is imported directly much like the civic hybrid and hence costs more as duty structure is such. Delivery schedule is actually spotty. Sometimes available and sometimes u have to wait. Depends on the No of vehicles imported i guess.

Rgds

Ohh i goofed up Dinyaar :)
What i meant was not that i am not sure if it comes as CBU or broken down kits and then assembled in india
I am sure you would be knowing that that the Jaguar XF & XFR are making news at TBhp. Many are going for test drives and are getting smitten by the beauty. But it seems the price is too high comparing other cars in the same segment
Is the Panamera on display at the Porsche showroom or its still not launched worldwide?
Last time i specially came till south bombay was when Carrera GT was on display

Last edited:
Had always been a Pajero fan all through school and college days, but when my turn to spend came, had to go with modest choices. So my progression in onroad personal commutation goes something like this.

BSA SLR --> Hercules RockShox --> Kinetic Honda --> Hero Honda CBZ --> Enfield Machismo.

Sandro ZipDrive --> Ford Fiesta --> Toyota Camry --> Mazda 6 Ultra ..............in few years!

All black.:)

Cheers.

Had always been a Pajero fan all through school and college days, but when my turn to spend came, had to go with modest choices. So my progression in onroad personal commutation goes something like this.

BSA SLR --> Hercules RockShox --> Kinetic Honda --> Hero Honda CBZ --> Enfield Machismo.

Sandro ZipDrive --> Ford Fiesta --> Toyota Camry --> Mazda 6 Ultra ..............in few years!

All black.:)

Cheers.

Oh man, I've been absolute fan of Enfield. Sometime soon I will acquire Thunderbird.

Seems no one has mentioned about cycling slowly picking up in India, I've heard couple of friends taking bikes for office these days. Anyone here do this?

Oh man, I've been absolute fan of Enfield. Sometime soon I will acquire Thunderbird.

Seems no one has mentioned about cycling slowly picking up in India, I've heard couple of friends taking bikes for office these days. Anyone here do this?
...I had a thunderbird which I gifted to one of my cousins after riding for almost 5 years...now after marriage I find it better to always drive a car instead.

When I was working with Oracle few years back in Blore, a dear friend of mine used to ride his fancy multi-geared lightweight sports bicycle to office everyday! Very uncomfortable to ride in that weird posture for me, but he loved it.

...I had a thunderbird which I gifted to one of my cousins after riding for almost 5 years...now after marriage I find it better to always drive a car instead.

Agreed, It makes sense when you drive with your family. Just my opinion that, nothing beats when you break the road with your bike all alone.

My dream car would be Ferrari.

F430 spider to be exact.

On a more practical note Cars which I might be able to own I like the new Honda City. and the best drivers car within a budget in India definitely has to be the Ford Fiesta though the maintenance and service sucks so don't want to own one myself

I also like the Nissan Murano among SUV's

i have enfield elctra :)

Well - a real Enfield fan would try and pick up any and all iron engine vehicles that are still sold. The Thunderbird - yes even the recent dual spark plug one is no replacement for the Bullet Classic or the Bullet Electra.

That is coming from an Electra 4s owner though. You may consider me properly biased:)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back