love instead of study..

hmm,

i am scared of driving 2 wheelers now(i rode my bike for 12 years but now i am a changed man since the time i started practicing critical care and trauma care). i see at least 2 persons dying in a week whatever the reason may be!

i take out my car once a week because i walk to my working place.
BTW i was lucky to get a ride in a tanker as well ( i am talking about army tanker like Arjun/ Patton)

My dream? monster truck!! it will always remain a dream.:indifferent14:

hmm,i am scared of driving 2 wheelers now(i rode my bike for 12 years but now i am a changed man since the time i started practicing critical care and trauma care). i see at least 2 persons dying in a week whatever the reason may be!:

call it fate, call it destiny, the call will come, and when the call comes it does not matter if you are walking to work, riding a suvega, an enfield (that king of a bike), an Honda Superglide, or driving a fiat, ferrari, a toyota or a honda city Vtec (2001 model) {that king of all manual transmission cars} - you will just be dead:)

or you could be going up in a lift, and a person carrying a chlorine canister happens to drop it in such a way as to precisely break the valve, and all of you are relieved of the worries of this world.

forget all that muck - lead from the front, and die a glorious death:) or to quote from Sholay (that king of all gay bonding movies) " Jo Darr Gaya, Samajh Lo Marr Gaya"

Ah! the glorious way is to tempt fate, stand up in the midst of cross-fire and lead your minions to victory! Or die in the attempt. All glory will be yours.

just joking:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
call it fate, call it destiny, the call will come, and when the call comes it does not matter if you are walking to work, riding a suvega, an enfield (that king of a bike), an Honda Superglide, or driving a fiat, ferrari, a toyota or a honda city Vtec (2001 model) {that king of all manual transmission cars} - you will just be dead:)

or you could be going up in a lift, and a person carrying a chlorine canister happens to drop it in such a way as to precisely break the valve, and all of you are relieved of the worries of this world.

forget all that muck - lead from the front, and die a glorious death:) or to quote from Sholay (that king of all gay bonding movies) " Jo Darr Gaya, Samajh Lo Marr Gaya"

Ah! the glorious way is to tempt fate, stand up in the midst of cross-fire and lead your minions to victory! Or die in the attempt. All glory will be yours.

just joking:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now we have a philosophical humorist. This forum is getting more than it's share of variety now a days.;)

And "Suvega", I had almost forgotten it ever existed. There was one "Laxmi" as well in those times.

Well - a real Enfield fan would try and pick up any and all iron engine vehicles that are still sold. The Thunderbird - yes even the recent dual spark plug one is no replacement for the Bullet Classic or the Bullet Electra.

I was contemplating if I should make this statement but I was pretty sure someone was going to chime in, so yes, I concur. :eek:hyeah:

I was contemplating if I should make this statement but I was pretty sure someone was going to chime in, so yes, I concur. :eek:hyeah:

I bow before hard core fans, But a electra kill would be overkill for my shape:D

Ohh i goofed up Dinyaar :)
What i meant was not that i am not sure if it comes as CBU or broken down kits and then assembled in india
I am sure you would be knowing that that the Jaguar XF & XFR are making news at TBhp. Many are going for test drives and are getting smitten by the beauty. But it seems the price is too high comparing other cars in the same segment
Is the Panamera on display at the Porsche showroom or its still not launched worldwide?
Last time i specially came till south bombay was when Carrera GT was on display

Hey sorry for the delay.
No the panamera is not on display and wont be there for quite a while.
Yes am so totally on the jaguar stories and yes have been lucky with a TD of all three B&W 730ld, Merc S350 and the Jag. A wedding in the family in a couple of months and the choice made is the 740 which should come in end sept.
Unleash pretty cool that u guys are bikers too. I thought u were the wine glass/pipe in hand, sitting in the backseat of a comfy sedan kind of guy!!!!!!!!:p:pHahaha.

I love bikes and owned the lovely Honda Black bird(CBR 1100XX) for quite a few years and still have the bikes i bought in the late 80s!!!! New addition is a karizma (god i hate the name and the mini fairing) My family hails from a place called MHOW near Indore in MP. There we have restored my grand dads 1959 Royal Enfield and its in pristine condition. Ride it every december for a few days. These bikes were only assembled in India then and production started sometime in 1962/64 if i am correct.
Rgds

Last edited:
I love bikes and owned the lovely Honda Black bird(CBR 1100X) for quite a few years and still have the bikes i bought in the late 80s!!!! New addition is a karizma (god i hate the name and the mini fairing) My family hails from a place called MHOW near Indore in MP. There we have restored my grand dads 1959 Royal Enfield and its in pristine condition. Ride it every december for a few days. These bikes were only assembled in India then and production started sometime in 1962/64 if i am correct.
Rgds

Damn impressive! Could you please post a pic of the beauty here if it wouldn't be considered a sacrilege by the forum gods? :D Also, you mention you 'owned' a Blackbird, any reason why you let it go?

Hi Grubyhalo,
Yes sold it in 2007. Had enough of it!!!!!!!! There are lots of guys who keep buying/selling though i had this bike for over 6 years!
Wont post it on the forum but can forward u pics of both bikes.
See i had this craze in my late 20s early 30s and now its gone. Now in bbay its best to use something simple.
Lots of friends/cousins still have their bikes and i can ride one whenever the desire re surfaces. As of now no plan to buy another as it led to lot of heartburn.
I cant speak of other cities but bbay is becoming pretty difficult to drive in/and leave a vehicle unattended. I have had my car logos stolen twice in this year!!! The blackbird was dropped twice when parked and it finally meant i could hardly use it as i wanted to.
The BMW that i mentioned above is not going to be mine!!!!! I cant afford it. Its actually my uncles but i will be using it of and on.
Rgds

Hi Grubyhalo,
Yes sold it in 2007. Had enough of it!!!!!!!! There are lots of guys who keep buying/selling though i had this bike for over 6 years!
Wont post it on the forum but can forward u pics of both bikes.
See i had this craze in my late 20s early 30s and now its gone. Now in bbay its best to use something simple.
Lots of friends/cousins still have their bikes and i can ride one whenever the desire re surfaces. As of now no plan to buy another as it led to lot of heartburn.
I cant speak of other cities but bbay is becoming pretty difficult to drive in/and leave a vehicle unattended. I have had my car logos stolen twice in this year!!! The blackbird was dropped twice when parked and it finally meant i could hardly use it as i wanted to.
The BMW that i mentioned above is not going to be mine!!!!! I cant afford it. Its actually my uncles but i will be using it of and on.
Rgds
LOL! Yeah I can understand how it would've been! Would love to see the pics if you could mail them to me(my id @ gmail.com). Whenever I get a chance to ride a nice bike I usually ride out pretty early in the morning and be back home by six. If I had a Blackbird, I don't think I'd ever take it out during the day nor commute on it, I'd get too paranoid and protective. :D Lucky you, to have the option of riding (and driving) all those beauties and not actually own them!

LOL! Yeah I can understand how it would've been! Would love to see the pics if you could mail them to me(my id @ gmail.com). Whenever I get a chance to ride a nice bike I usually ride out pretty early in the morning and be back home by six. If I had a Blackbird, I don't think I'd ever take it out during the day nor commute on it, I'd get too paranoid and protective. :D Lucky you, to have the option of riding (and driving) all those beauties and not actually own them!

See some people like their cars/bikes, I am severely attached to them!!!!!! If someone tampers with it my day is ruined. For someone like me my wife has now set the ground rules!
If u are in bbay sometime get in touch. Will offer u a 'few' great cars/bikes to drive. U will have to bear my Co though:)
What u are saying is what my friends end up doing. Not use the vehicle everyday or 'plan' the outing. For me i would like to use the bike, every time i rode a bike and take it everywhere and definately to work. If i cant do that, its useless.
Rgds

See some people like their cars/bikes, I am severely attached to them!!!!!! If someone tampers with it my day is ruined. For someone like me my wife has now set the ground rules!
If u are in bbay sometime get in touch. Will offer u a 'few' great cars/bikes to drive. U will have to bear my Co though:)
What u are saying is what my friends end up doing. Not use the vehicle everyday or 'plan' the outing. For me i would like to use the bike, every time i rode a bike and take it everywhere and definately to work. If i cant do that, its useless.
Rgds

I totally get it. Nothing ruins my day worse than someone or something scratching my lowly 30-year old Bullet and I'm sure the reaction would be exponentially more with bikes like the one you mention! :eek:hyeah: Thank's for the generous offer, will bear it in mind...

Hey sorry for the delay.
No the panamera is not on display and wont be there for quite a while.
Yes am so totally on the jaguar stories and yes have been lucky with a TD of all three B&W 730ld, Merc S350 and the Jag. A wedding in the family in a couple of months and the choice made is the 740 which should come in end sept.
Unleash pretty cool that u guys are bikers too. I thought u were the wine glass/pipe in hand, sitting in the backseat of a comfy sedan kind of guy!!!!!!!!:p:pHahaha.

I love bikes and owned the lovely Honda Black bird(CBR 1100X) for quite a few years and still have the bikes i bought in the late 80s!!!! New addition is a karizma (god i hate the name and the mini fairing) My family hails from a place called MHOW near Indore in MP. There we have restored my grand dads 1959 Royal Enfield and its in pristine condition. Ride it every december for a few days. These bikes were only assembled in India then and production started sometime in 1962/64 if i am correct.
Rgds

Hi dinyaar,
would have been great if your uncle had put that money on a bmw m5!

Hmmmm Suri I dont think the M5 will deliver what a 60 yr old expects from a super luxury sedan. I dont think 500 horses under the hood ignites anything for him!
I could do with one though:D

Last edited:
Dinyaar thats a lovely collection of cars and bikes you have there! How you get the time to indulge in so many hobbies boggles the mind. And you mentioned that you played tennis too. Keep it going, mate.

Vortex,
I have 3 cars and 3 Bikes and a wife who i have to share the vehicles with:):)
The BMW that we are talking about is NOT my car and i do NOT have the Honda BB anymore.
As i mentioned earlier I am attached (know it sounds silly) to some vehicles and hence i cant sell my first car and first bike!!!! Too many memories.
Actually HIFI is not that high up truly. Its a great way to start ones day with some music and then onto a bit of work and i cant wait till its about 5PM. Then its tennis till i drop!!!!!! Unless like today when its pouring in bbay.
I guess one can be a bit flexible when runs a small business and has no one to answer to!!!
Rgds

Last edited:
Vortex,
I have 3 cars and 3 Bikes and a wife who i have to share the vehicles with:):)
The BMW that we are talking about is NOT my car and i do NOT have the Honda BB anymore.
As i mentioned earlier I am attached (know it sounds silly) to some vehicles and hence i cant sell my first car and first bike!!!! Too many memories.
Actually HIFI is not that high up truly. Its a great way to start ones day with some music and then onto a bit of work and i cant wait till it about 5PM. Then its tennis till i drop!!!!!! Unless like today when its pouring in bbay.
Rgds

That is a healthy lifestyle, Dinyaar - if I may say so. My particular passion is for cricket. And for dogs. Hifi comes third.

I can understand your attachment to vehicles. I am attached too to my vehicles but in a different way than most. I really dont care how dusty or unkempt the vehicles are as long as their engine and moving parts are in great shape. What puts me off is when people concentrate so much on the exterior gloss without taking good care of the engine or following good driving practices. Rant, I know.

But I see where you are coming from. I also played tennis for a couple of years when I was outside India. Here I am not able to find the right crowd for the game. Not to mention that I am myself extremely rusty now. While I love cricket, curiously I prefer watching tennis over cricket if there was a choice. Tennis is a fair bit faster and exciting, I find. But for playing there is no competition. The willow-leather game has me hooked. :)

And for dogs. :)

hi thevortex,

i have three dogs and they share the big bed with wife and I.

please tell me about the dogs you have, their names, and about their individual characters. some pictures too:)

regards

Last edited:
Suri, Thevo tell me abt ur dogs wht breeds you got,been having various breeds of dogs at home ever since I can remember.
Then was abroad for sometime now we dont have any at home. absolutely adore them.

Dinyaar since you have driven so many high end cars just wanted to ask whether you got any chance to drive a Porsche or a Ferrari anywhere. Been my dream to drive one if not own one someday :D

Hi Dinyaar and others
Dinyaar, you are very right about Mumbai. Every second car has the logo ripped off and Honda's look damn ugly without their front grill logo :mad:
And also there is no driving discipline specially in the suburbs. Its like you need two eyes in front & back and one each at the sides with special motion sensors to drive. But whenever i go to the other side of Mumbai, driving is definitely more disciplined
I would love to see a Panamera at the Porsche showroom once and you are damn lucky that you would get to drive the BMW atleast once in a while. :)
Did you visit the Andheri showroom of Navnit Motors or they brought the car to you?
And also i feel M5 is no good when you are in need of luxury and specially for an elderly person. No doubt its a super car in terms of performance but given a choice between M5 and R8 i would love to have the R8

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back