Lowest cost media players and how much?

GeorgeO

I'm looking for an el cheapo media player for a friend, which can play most audio and video formats( def should play BR rips in mkv and m2ts). What are his options, wher can I point him to buy it and what should he budget.

I'm looking to suggest something that is NOT in the range of the WD Live which costs around 5.7K here on SP Road.Small form factor and one that connects to an external HDD works fine.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Asus O Play Mini retails for around 3500 rupees at SP Road. That is probably the cheapest full function media player. It doesn't have networking but does have plenty of USB ports.

Hi RoC

Where would this be available on SP Road-, any particular shop that you can point me to? I know that WD Live is fairly easily available there. No networking is ok by him.

Hi Kittu

I have a Popcorn Hour and like it, but my friend would like to spend as little as possible( and avoid a WD Live unless he has no other choice). The Asus O Play Mini looks like it meets his needs.

Go for Asus O!Play mini. The price is 3500/-. Can be bargained for 150/- less.
I have this player and very satisfied with it. It does not have networking capabilities but in terms of audio and video playback compatibility, its better than WD Live. :eek:hyeah:

Review Links Review: Asus O! Play Mini

review - ASUS O!Play Mini - Value for Money

more review - Tech Ticker | Asus O!Play mini review

PHP:
How small it is
asus-oplay-mini-review-1.jpg

There is a new version in mini called mini plus with wifi and gigabyte network options.

Asus Mini, Amkete, Zinnwel, Onida or some chinese one.
i think these are the only ones there for sub 4000rs

Hi RoC

Where would this be available on SP Road-, any particular shop that you can point me to? I know that WD Live is fairly easily available there. No networking is ok by him.

Hi Kittu

I have a Popcorn Hour and like it, but my friend would like to spend as little as possible( and avoid a WD Live unless he has no other choice). The Asus O Play Mini looks like it meets his needs.

Do we get popcorn hour in india?

I dont think the size of disc should be a problem if it is an external disk. It is a problem for sure if it is an ineternal one-my PH has a 2 TB internal and works fine, but from what I understand it wont handle a 3TB internal.

I have no experience with the said player. All I know is it uses a realtek 1055+ CPU so HD should work without trouble. Whether it supports 3TB or not, I'm not sure.

I've seen it for sale at Aashirwad Computers on SP Road.

1 USB port and can always be managed with a USB dock. This has no network features just a player.

Isn't it a steal for the price. If we want more features then the prices would rise, defeating the whole purpose of the thread.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back