Lumin Thread

In any case I have been told that using an external LPSU for Lumin models with SMPS voids the warranty, should anything happen. I had a D2 now I have a U2 mini. So I checked with them. Decided to avoid any mods for now.
Cheers,
Sid

We did a/b with lhy clock + ether regen with lps. With u2 and u2 with l2. Most felt L2 was better. So lps improves it even further then it's welcome change :)
Haha...glad you shared that. Now I really have my doubts if anyone can come out with a LPSU that out performs Lumin internal SMPS. I think they might have changed the SMPS from the one in the U1 mini and U2 mini :). And the present one might be hard to beat :)

Haha...glad you shared that. Now I really have my doubts if anyone can come out with a LPSU that out performs Lumin internal SMPS. I think they might have changed the SMPS from the one in the U1 mini and U2 mini :). And the present one might be hard to beat :)

What changes did you notice on changing the psu for u2 mini ? I plan to mod mine once the warranty is over.

What changes did you notice on changing the psu for u2 mini ? I plan to mod mine once the warranty is over.
Sorry I dont have a U2 mini, so didnt try it for myself. But I've read from user feedback on several forums that there have been improvements with a LPSU. If you want to try, apart from LHY, there is also Plixir from Singapore that have a mod kit + LPSU available for the U2 mini, which is very highly regarded for their excellent linear power supplies.

I have heard a LPSU modified D2. There was no night and day difference vs the stock D2, seemed like the LPSU added a bit more air in treble and further extension in bass.
Cheers,
Sid
True...will depend on what LPSU was used. The really great ones like paul hynes, Sean jacobs and Ediscreation are very expensive. And will not justify adding for the cost of the stock D2. So all LPSU's are not created equal.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back