Luxman L590 AXii and Accuphase E-650, want to listen

essrand

Anyone with access to these amps or their predecessors? I would like to have a listen. The dealers don't have it on the floor.
Am trying to decide between these two for a purchase (new not used), and prefer not to be buying blind.

I have heard the Luxman 550AX and it has a lovely tube like warm sound... Better than the Class AB Luxman amps but not a lot of power. The 590AX should be even lovelier with added power.. Never heard the Class A Accuphase amps... Strange that the dealers don't keep even one for demo..

Can you listen to the 550AXii at the dealers?

Sadly no. I could only hear the Class AB versions of the respective amps (luxman 505 and Accuphase e-470). Hard to make out anything with those.

Different amps altogether... The class A amps from Luxman are very good and the only reason I bought the 505UX instead of the 550AX was that I had Harbeths at that time which needed power... With Tannoys, the 550AX would have made sweet sweet music...

Agreed. Totally different amps.

At this moment my big dilemma is Accuphase E-650 vs Luxman L590AXii.

Any opinions, thoughts or advice?

They both are the flagship integrateds respectively.. Almost the same specs and power... I loved the older 550AX and therefore the latest 590AXii should be fabulous.... Have heard the E470 with my Harbeths and even that was very good at that time... Can't go wrong with either...

Can you share approx. prices for each in India?

I would vote for Luxman. From my experience with the erstwhile Luxman M06 alpha class A power amp for over a year driving Tannoy MG 15 it had a smooth and soulful sound.

Jus wondering if you guys have heard accuphase or compared it side by side with Luxman.

Based on googling other forums, almost everyone says accuphase is better acoustically, but Luxman is better value for money and comes quite close.

it would be too subjective an opinion..my suggestion is to bite the bullet and go with one as you cannot go wrong with either.
One advantage Accuphase has is the ability to add phono and dac functionalities via cards..hence the ability to make a truly single box integrated ..but of course it depends on if one wants that or not !

Have not heard any of these amps but am using integrated amp Accustic Arts Power Mk 3. Have been very satisfied with it. Am using them to drive Thiel CS 2.4.

At the risk of confusing you more, you may check Accustic Arts too.

Price will be closer to Accuphase.

Good luck!

it would be too subjective an opinion..my suggestion is to bite the bullet and go with one as you cannot go wrong with either.
One advantage Accuphase has is the ability to add phono and dac functionalities via cards..hence the ability to make a truly single box integrated ..but of course it depends on if one wants that or not !

All Luxman integrateds come with a very good quality phono inbuilt... So Luxman is definitely better value for money... Having heard the Class A Luxman 550 (2 versions older), my vote goes for the 590AXii ... The fact that the Accuphase Class A integrated is 50% more costly than the Luxman flagship should make the decision easier...

I had an opportunity to listen Luxman L550 and L10 with Tannoy Glenair 10 and Chord2 Cute for music at a friend's place. It was very powerful and punchy sound to say the least. I was listening to Bollywood retro music and the sound was on the warmer lineup. I too use a basic LV 111 with Tannoy Mercury. It delivers clean sound and the phono stage is exemplary.

Thanks,
Sourav

Guys,
Had gone through above all the discussion and opinion about Luxman and Accuphase, Let me share my opinion and experience with Accuphase, I had E211, and E301, mated with JBL 4412A Vintage speakers and Marantz CD 94 Players. Luxman & Accuphase are equally good in terms of sound signature, In Accuphase only the rms powers are Vary all the e2 series 90/w 8ohm per channel similarly E3 130/w 8ohm/ e4 180w/ 8ohm and E5 & 6 series 200/w 8ohm above.
Accuphase sound signatures are so soft, warm and natural and it gives you tube sound especially all the frequencies are equally proportionate high,mid & low. Low frequency you get tight base and overall sounding good even after continues listening of 3 to 4 hrs you feel like just begin with new. It will not at all hurt you after long listening. I would say even Mintosh can’t compared with Accuphase. I had chance to listen Luxman in one of the FM persons house its good and there are some areas were seems to be lacking it’s my personal opinion. And overall my suggestion Accuphase is still far better than Luxman. you get a accuracy in Accuphase that’s Why it’s meant for accurate phase so called as Accuphase.

Thanks
Many

Some straight talk from a very experienced audiophile on the Luxman vs Accuphase debate.
Quite shocking (to me at least) given that there is a universal agreement that Accuphase is superior to Luxman.
Here the vaunted E-800, Accuphase's latest and greatest comes short against the second from the top Luxman 590AXii.
This is why I been following this guy's journey for 4 years and 213 pages. https://forum.audiogon.com/discussi...fiers-and-my-personal-review-of-each?page=213 . He sure saved me some cash with this post.

Some straight talk from a very experienced audiophile on the Luxman vs Accuphase debate.
Quite shocking (to me at least) given that there is a universal agreement that Accuphase is superior to Luxman.
Here the vaunted E-800, Accuphase's latest and greatest comes short against the second from the top Luxman 590AXii.
This is why I been following this guy's journey for 4 years and 213 pages. https://forum.audiogon.com/discussi...fiers-and-my-personal-review-of-each?page=213 . He sure saved me some cash with this post.

I was lucky to be able to home audition the m700 luxman prior to pulling the trigger on the m900 and c900. The audiogon discussion you posted above and the review by Doug Schneider also helped in making a decision.

OT, imho as ur spending too much (of course budget amount cant be generalized as too much or mediocre ,depends on people to people), but since the amount is substantial ,don't buy in a hurry as the horses of zest at this moment wants to jump run. I own accuphase int e 250 and would want to say that i haven't heard luxman any int or class a amps, but definitely im very much satisfied by the performance. I have heard amps such as marantz, denon but ofcourse those are considered entry level, but accuphase outshines every music. Regarding build quality , accuphase is built like a tank, u cant damage it so easily.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back