Luxman L590 AXii and Accuphase E-650, want to listen

I am also got stuck between these 2 amplifiers.

Accuphase E650 is having a fully balanced potentiometer, but in Luxman 2 stage conversion happens.

Accuphase E650 is better than Luxman 590AX ii , but the price of Accuphase with the phone board is almost double than Luxman.

Luxman is value for money.

Some straight talk from a very experienced audiophile on the Luxman vs Accuphase debate.
Quite shocking (to me at least) given that there is a universal agreement that Accuphase is superior to Luxman.
Here the vaunted E-800, Accuphase's latest and greatest comes short against the second from the top Luxman 590AXii.
This is why I been following this guy's journey for 4 years and 213 pages. https://forum.audiogon.com/discussi...fiers-and-my-personal-review-of-each?page=213 . He sure saved me some cash with this post.

Japan is the best place to buy Accuphase, anywhere else in the world markup or margin taken by dealer/distributor is too high. But in general Accuphase is considered as a premium brand over Luxman. Accuphase is available in Japan itself available only in limited showrooms while Luxman you can find in all reasonably sized shops.
Accuphase do a shaker table test with all amps before shipping to check before shipping.

Until you compare side by side yourself it is difficult to conclude which one is better.

Accuphase is top notch refined sound

I am still using an vintage luxman mo3 and co3 pre and power sounds very neutral and transparent

Jus wondering if you guys have heard accuphase or compared it side by side with Luxman.

Based on googling other forums, almost everyone says accuphase is better acoustically, but Luxman is better value for money and comes quite close.

I hope it is this video, he compares Accuphase to Luxman.May not be the same models your are looking at.

An update on this, 2 years later.

I finally was able to hear the Accuphase E-650 at my place, with my speakers. It was fantastic.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on it.

I have auditioned the E-650 at length, it is a great amplifier. Very lit up, yet warm & punchy sound.
Was there any limitation with 30 watts?

Also heard the E-800, it has a mesmerizing sound. Sort of a mix of the best Tube sound with solid state control. But it is priced outrageously outside Japan.

No, my speakers are 96dB and 12ohm impedance. So, no worries at all. Also Accuphase (and Luxman) are quite modest in their specs usually measured specs are substantially higher than rated specs (even to the tune 2-3X). From what I have read.

Could you tell me more, comparison between E-650 and E-800 please, am quite intrigued by the various contradictory reports on the E-800.

No, my speakers are 96dB and 12ohm impedance. So, no worries at all. Also Accuphase (and Luxman) are quite modest in their specs usually measured specs are substantially higher than rated specs (even to the tune 2-3X). From what I have read.

Could you tell me more, comparison between E-650 and E-800 please, am quite intrigued by the various contradictory reports on the E-800.
Congrats on the the Amp! great sound and lovely looks to boot :)
Do post pics

I cant offer a comparison because i heard the E650 a couple of years ago. The E800 was more recently.
The sound was exquisite with tube sparkle in the highs, a slight warmth in the mids & tight bass. Lively and fast sound. This was during an audition of the new KEF R3s in a well treated large room. We did not play very loud.
I am sure the sound can only be better with better speakers.

Luxman and Accuphase both are great amps. Having listened to both back to back my personal taste is towards Accuphase - maybe due to the synergy with my Harbeth speakers. I am back in Chennai, however don't have a great listening room - however, would be open for a music session :)

Hello,
If you wanted to have a Luxman amplifier then you must audition their solid state amp M900u. This is a very popular amplifier across the world with a very smooth output. It sounds even better with the matching Luxman pre-amplifier C900u. I heard both in my local dealer's showroom and the sound was pretty impressive. I auditioned both Luxman M900u and Bricasti M25 amplifiers in my music room and liked Bricasti a little better. So I ended up going ahead with Bricasti M25 dual mono amplifier. Since you had Bricasti gear in the past you might try Bricasti M25 amplifier and compare it with Luxman and Accuphae.
Thanks.

What are the current prices of these two integrated amps in India, Accuphase E650 and Luxman L590 AXii.
The dealers price appears to be extremely high. There are a lots available on eBay but most of them 100 VA from Japan.
I think if I import directly and pay full duty it will work out cheaper than Indian distributors prices.
Any advice

For Luxman, Indian dealer prices are better than most international prices (except Japan).

For Accuphase, you can get close to Europe pricing if you are willing to negotiate hard, still better than USA pricing. No point importing, it has become too hard.

What are the current prices of these two integrated amps in India, Accuphase E650 and Luxman L590 AXii.
The dealers price appears to be extremely high. There are a lots available on eBay but most of them 100 VA from Japan.
I think if I import directly and pay full duty it will work out cheaper than Indian distributors prices.
Any advice
I would heavily recommend against importing anything at the moment. Not least because the shipping costs have multiplied manifold, but because the global logistics chain is in a complete disarray. And lot of stuff being lost enroute too. Not to mention very very lengthy delays too when it actually works :(

Any advice
I have purchased Laxman directly from japan I had paid 100% import duty though shipping is not much still its costed me less as compare to price from INDIA.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back