Luxman

Are those foam pads at the bottom of the speaker? Bare them all to bring them to life. Yes room also matters but they should sound wonderful on their own. Maybe your ears need a good nights sleep after all unboxing

Are those foam pads at the bottom of the speaker? Bare them all to bring them to life. Yes room also matters but they should sound wonderful on their own. Maybe your ears need a good nights sleep after all unboxing
Yes those are foam pads, would take them off. After heavy furniture movement, unboxing, I am done for the day.

Last edited:
First impression is, room treatment has a lot of effect on overall experience. Because I listened to my amplifier in a very well treated room and I can feel the difference.

Yes those are foam pads, would take them off. After heavy furniture movement, unboxing, I am done for the day.

Can imagine the physical exhaustion after inboxing and setting up those heavy masses! Hope you had good rest. Because you have a lot of work to do with the speaker placement in the room in the coming days to get them sound right. You might recall this video posted by @sandeepss in your earlier thread. At 9:09, in the ‘Caveats’ section the reviewer narrates his own effort (and eventual success) with the placement. Work on it before you think of room treatment. These speakers NEED right placement. Try looking at it as a enjoyable (though strenuous) process of getting familiarised with your speakers - you’d develop a bonding that will go a long way, besides the obvious benefits in sound.

My Castle Knight 2’s are not high efficiency speakers (they are around 89db), but for some reason they too are highly sensitive to placement. That’s something I discovered the hard way. Sure it was a lot of effort and frustrating too, but surely rewarding. The up side I believe for such speakers (unlike those easy ‘plonk them and they will sound perfect’ new age speakers) is how they reveal your chain, as well as enthusiastically respond to improvements in it. Besides the fact that you start falling in love with them - just like with a sweetheart you had to woo a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sweet heart he heard at the showroom isn't the sweet heart singing to him now..

:))

New house you see..

:))

As demanded I just recorded a video in a dark room.
The track is All your love by Sara K. Just loving the sound. Pushed the speakers back towards wall now about 4 to 6 inches away from the back wall, lovely bass. :)

Thank you. Can listen to the bass. Should be wonderful to listen nearfield at extremely low volumes.

Hi Guys

I would like to share my Mumbai trip experience and time spent at Designer Audio. I would go by as things unfolded.

Packaging: The amplifier get two layers of protection (double boxed) very well cushioned from all the sides. Unboxing in itself is a pleasureable feeling.

Build Quality: Its not a one man job to get the amp out of the box and shift to rack/table. It weights massive 30 kgs. The build quality is undoubtly top notch. On the front, retro styled knobs, buttons they give a very tacticle feel crafted with utmost finish. On the rear, be it speaker terminals, line inputs every piece speaks of its own. Remote controller has been carved out of aluminium too. It gies very premium feel in hand.

How it sounds: The setup was as below
Source (Not the best but had to live with what was available)
1. Spotify Premium/ FLAC files played from a laptop feeding the dac through USB
2. Audiolab M-DAC mini
3. Very basic speaker cables terminated with bananas and stock power cable
4. Wharfedale Linton Hertigae Speakers

Turning on the amplifier with bright VU meters coming to life is a wonderful feeling. Next thing was to hear how it sings. I played some of my favorite tracks from Spotify and FLACs. It sounded really smooth and melodious. Since the demo room at Designer Audio is perfect or near perfect can't say how much room value was added to the over all experience.

Since Luxman says about 300 hours of break in are required even then I am happy with out of the box sound. It will take a bit longer for me to fully break in all my equipment though.

We kept the amplifier running for more than an hour, the room termperature was around 25 deg and the amplifier was not that hot. In real world conditions (read at my home) lets see how hot it runs with air conditioning.

I wanted to test some CD players and external DACs but that could not be done due to unavialability of any component.

Over all I am elated with the Luxman quality and I would say that Lintons are really good speakers. They were a good match with this amplifier. I am curious how the Fortes would sound, still a long wait before I find this out.

Meeting Mr Kshitij was a good expereicen as wel.He is very professional and coperative gentleman. Designer Audio is highly recommended.

My trip ended with a nice Lunch at Britania & Company in the neighbourhood of Designer Audio. I coudn't have missed that.

The amplifier is still not shipped, but will be land at my door in next 1 week or so. Will add more once I have my setup complete at home.

Picture time :)
Have to reduce the quality due to upload restrictions
Hi Guys

I would like to share my Mumbai trip experience and time spent at Designer Audio. I would go by as things unfolded.

Packaging: The amplifier get two layers of protection (double boxed) very well cushioned from all the sides. Unboxing in itself is a pleasureable feeling.

Build Quality: Its not a one man job to get the amp out of the box and shift to rack/table. It weights massive 30 kgs. The build quality is undoubtly top notch. On the front, retro styled knobs, buttons they give a very tacticle feel crafted with utmost finish. On the rear, be it speaker terminals, line inputs every piece speaks of its own. Remote controller has been carved out of aluminium too. It gies very premium feel in hand.

How it sounds: The setup was as below
Source (Not the best but had to live with what was available)
1. Spotify Premium/ FLAC files played from a laptop feeding the dac through USB
2. Audiolab M-DAC mini
3. Very basic speaker cables terminated with bananas and stock power cable
4. Wharfedale Linton Hertigae Speakers

Turning on the amplifier with bright VU meters coming to life is a wonderful feeling. Next thing was to hear how it sings. I played some of my favorite tracks from Spotify and FLACs. It sounded really smooth and melodious. Since the demo room at Designer Audio is perfect or near perfect can't say how much room value was added to the over all experience.

Since Luxman says about 300 hours of break in are required even then I am happy with out of the box sound. It will take a bit longer for me to fully break in all my equipment though.

We kept the amplifier running for more than an hour, the room termperature was around 25 deg and the amplifier was not that hot. In real world conditions (read at my home) lets see how hot it runs with air conditioning.

I wanted to test some CD players and external DACs but that could not be done due to unavialability of any component.

Over all I am elated with the Luxman quality and I would say that Lintons are really good speakers. They were a good match with this amplifier. I am curious how the Fortes would sound, still a long wait before I find this out.

Meeting Mr Kshitij was a good expereicen as wel.He is very professional and coperative gentleman. Designer Audio is highly recommended.

My trip ended with a nice Lunch at Britania & Company in the neighbourhood of Designer Audio. I coudn't have missed that.

The amplifier is still not shipped, but will be land at my door in next 1 week or so. Will add more once I have my setup complete at home.

Picture time :)
Have to reduce the quality due to upload restrictions
Congratulations! I remember going through a similar experience at Designer Audio. We purchased the baby brother to your amp (the L509x), and the Audiolab M-DAC for my father's system. The build quality and finish of the Luxman gives such a sense of timelessness (even after using for months!)

Kshitij was very accommodating (he let us demo on 3 different occasions). The listening room and the entire set-up at Designer Audio is top notch. We ended up dealing again with Kshitij when my brother was looking for a DAC (he got the Audiolab M-DAC+).

Lovely vivek :)

The combination looks beautiful. Fondly hope you sit back and enjoy your glorious music now. The luxman DA-06 has been of curiosity to me. Would love to see your listening impressions once everything is fully broken and settled down.. Enjoy :)

Hi,
I am using a L-210 integrated.It is a very fine amp,but unfrgiving with poor quality recordings.Very well crafted.The speaker connections are a little awkward and do not accept very think cables.

Hi,
I am using a L-210 integrated.It is a very fine amp,but unfrgiving with poor quality recordings.Very well crafted.The speaker connections are a little awkward and do not accept very think cables.
Good to see someone from Chandigarh :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back