Lyngdorf TDAI 2170

Happy to report hat the sound has opened up after about 50 hours of playing.. The earlier notion of the sound being a little thin has been dispelled..The dealer did say a burn in of 400 hours is needed but I did not believe him as by 400 hours the ears get used to the sound...
However there is a positive change after just 50 hours and even though I don't believe in burn in for a digital amp, I hope I am wrong and that the dealer is proved right...

@panditji Burn-in is real and you will certainly be able to notice it in a revealing setup. I had similar experiences with my Wyred4sound set-up, treble went from being a little edgy to butter smooth by 100-150 hours, and the bass went from being to good to WOW by around the 300 hour mark. Incidentally the user manual advices 300 hours of burn-in.

Im having similar experiences with my new Mcintosh, which I am still burning in.
The mids & highs were always sublime, I did feel that the bass was a bit spongy compared to my Wyred4sound the first week, no such feeling now, which is reflected in me playing more electronic music than I used to.

@panditji Burn-in is real and you will certainly be able to notice it in a revealing setup. I had similar experiences with my Wyred4sound set-up, treble went from being a little edgy to butter smooth by 100-150 hours, and the bass went from being to good to WOW by around the 300 hour mark. Incidentally the user manual advices 300 hours of burn-in.

Im having similar experiences with my new Mcintosh, which I am still burning in.
The mids & highs were always sublime, I did feel that the bass was a bit spongy compared to my Wyred4sound the first week, no such feeling now, which is reflected in me playing more electronic music than I used to.

The MA8900 must be a fantastic amp...Do let us know your impressions after the burn in...

The MA8900 must be a fantastic amp...Do let us know your impressions after the burn in...

Yes, like Panditji on the Lyngdorf, it will be wonderful to read about the 8900 from Rajesh. Is there a thread on that already?

Panditji, is there a manual override to the room correction software on the Lyngdorf, so that you can first let the software do it's stuff and then tweak it to your personal taste?

Thanks

Sir, there are different voicings to choose from depending on what you are playing...So vocal based, bass heavy, action movie etc etc are some of the voicings with the graphs shown helping you to choose if you want bass heavy, mid heavy or treble heavy sound.. I prefer to keep it neutral since I only use it for stereo duties....

Happy to report hat the sound has opened up after about 50 hours of playing.. The earlier notion of the sound being a little thin has been dispelled..The dealer did say a burn in of 400 hours is needed but I did not believe him as by 400 hours the ears get used to the sound...
However there is a positive change after just 50 hours and even though I don't believe in burn in for a digital amp, I hope I am wrong and that the dealer is proved right...

Congrats ! personally I have found that in close to 30 -50 hours you get to almost 90+% of the sound ins most electronics. The rest is very gradual. i speakers its a little bit more gradual

@Fiftyfifty @panditji im loving it so far, and after going though break in for 2 different set-ups, I have more patience and less sleepless nights :)
I shall update my thread about impressions on the Mcintosh when I find some spare time. I have been travelling quite a bit lately.

@panditji I can assure you that tight bass & no boom is almost guaranteed with modern high-end Class Ds, you will surely not have a problem with that, these amps are able drive most speakers convincingly.
Midrange tonality is a different matter altogether and subjective.

All in ones are that way great because if designed well as all high end ones are you really get good sound and that minimalist approach helps in enjoying more of music
Only issue comes when you try to achieve something with footers or power cables you will be helpless as you just have one power cord to use for CDP/amp/pre/dac.

Sometimes that little balance one cannot get

My friend having a AVM ovation 8.2 CS liked it for most part but was just wanting that little more weights in the mids

Luckily a blind buy of a latest atlas power cord did it for him

So by all means go for all in one but if possible take a good demo

Sadly yes, I very much agree
But the point I wanted to make was if one is a cable guy the flexibility to change sound with cables sort of goes away with all in ones
That's the only point I wanted to make
In return what we get is super ease of use and good synergy as we eliminate various interconnect cables

@panditji I would second the FMs who have recommended after-market powerchords, do try them.
I was a non believer, until I was at an Isotek demo of their conditioners & power cables at the Singapore hifi show last year on a Cyrus amp & Moniter Audio speakers, it makes a a big difference, and I think more so for Class D amps.
You can start after you fully break in the amp (say till 500 hours )& with something like the Isotek Initium cable which is quite reasonably priced in the UK.

Will do so Rajeshh...Let me read up on some of the power cables and I will hopefully borrow a Furutech cable and hear it in my system....Should keep me occupied for the next few days...

By the way the AVM of my friend is also a class D
Huge difference in sound with various power cables

Hi Sir, I have always loved the Maggie sound and therefore pestered you but sadly have come to realise that I do not have the proper space to bring out the best in them.... 3.7i are too big for me and therefore I did not bother you this time...I would still love own a 1.7i but that would only happen as and when I come into some extra money as I still don't have the space. I am currently using a pair of Tannoy Turnberry GRs and the 1.7i would be a good change from the Tannoy Prestige sound...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back