Lyngdorf TDAI 2170

Welcome to the Lyngdorf club. I hope to join in too sometime in the coming months.

Your setup and room looks amazing. I am planning to go for the 3400 and will keep you updated on how it sounds once I get it (September probably).

Use a thicker power cord if you want more fullness

Prem,
I do hear a lot about power chords, few of my friends said big difference in performance with good power chords.
Is this applies to all type of amplifiers or only to Class D amps? Can you share your experience and can you suggest few models?

Prem,
I do hear a lot about power chords, few of my friends said big difference in performance with good power chords.
Is this applies to all type of amplifiers or only to Class D amps? Can you share your experience and can you suggest few models?

Renjith
On the face of it , this discussion is derailing the thread but I am sure the OP would get ideas to improve the performance of his amp
I and FM jls001 experimented with many power cables not long time ago
And the difference was nothing short of of breath taking , when the power cable was hitting the right points

Even with my friend who has an AVM with class d implementation, a power cable chnage brought about a very positive change in the sound
I

You do have a lovely set up Panditji. You certainly brought Lyngdorf in my scope, along with Accuphase that I have been considering.. Hopefully I'll get an audition here somewhere in Mumbai.

Terrible, unlike your moniker, you are very kind...If your room is acoustically good, then you should go for an Accuphase and if not then the Lyngdorf is a no brainer...

Terrible, unlike your moniker, you are very kind...If your room is acoustically good, then you should go for an Accuphase and if not then the Lyngdorf is a no brainer...
This thread has been a very exciting to read. Most of us need one or the other form of digital room correction in my opinion, Lyngdorf shines in this for sure. The ease of use as described by you makes a compelling case to consider this.
By any chance, Did you do a comparison with Dirac or any other digital rooms correction you used earlier ? Where in India can one audition Lyngdorf?

This thread has been a very exciting to read. Most of us need one or the other form of digital room correction in my opinion, Lyngdorf shines in this for sure. The ease of use as described by you makes a compelling case to consider this.
By any chance, Did you do a comparison with Dirac or any other digital rooms correction you used earlier ? Where in India can one audition Lyngdorf?

No sir, have been reading about Dirac, Mini DSP and even Anti Mode since long but never took the plunge as I am technically lazy and not very interested in experimenting...I like things to be done for me instead of doing it myself ;) .. Also it costs money to experiment with various hardware and software and even the free software makes you work hard....

With the room being out of the equation, I simply listen to the music now... Sure the sound of the Lyngdorf amp makes me miss the warm, smooth sound of the Luxman but in the end, I simply want a clean, neutral sound which makes me hear all the information recorded in the music... Some people may find the sound digital and but then some people like the clicks and pops from Vinyl as well....Again to each to their own as per their choices and requirements

Though my room, in every way, is acoustically a hazard, I do get very good sound out of my CXR200 and Focal Chorus. I do enjoy the music played on them. Given what you say, I have no idea how Accuphase would behave in my room. I have heard the E 470 in someone's house (not treated acoustically) which sounded just heaven combined with PMC Twenty.26. I am looking at those speakers too. One of my sound engineer friend has figured out the distributor. So, I'll basically choose between the two on how my ears feel about them.

Last edited:
Though my room, in every way, is acoustically a hazard, I do get very good sound out of my CXR200 and Focal Chorus. I do enjoy the music played on them. Given what you say, I have no idea how Accuphase would behave in my room. I have heard the E 470 in someone's house (not treated acoustically) which sounded just heaven combined with PMC Twenty.26. I am looking at those speakers too. One of my sound engineer friend has figured out the distributor. So, I'll basically choose between the two on how my ears feel about them.
Can you share the PMC dealer details?

With the room being out of the equation, I simply listen to the music now
That's a good target for anybody to achieve in their rooms. I'm happy that you found, what you're looking for all these years..

..I like things to be done for me instead of doing it myself ;)
That's a good one ; assembling equipment for enjoyment shouldn't be cumbersome!

Any place in India, where one can audition Lyngdorf?

Need feedback from the members - I want to connect my old NAD CD Player to the Lyngdorf and wanted to know which would sound better: The analog line out or the Digital output from the NAD CD Player?

Need feedback from the members - I want to connect my old NAD CD Player to the Lyngdorf and wanted to know which would sound better: The analog line out or the Digital output from the NAD CD Player?

Best is to try both and take a call
Sound signature from analogue out from CDP and lyngdorf would be very different due to different implementation of analogue section and dac section of both CDP and lyngdorf

If I have to choose blindly I will put my money on CDP as transport connected via digital out to lyngdorf

Then let me try that first...Thanks Rikhav...
Try a good power cable with both amplifier and CDP
Believe me it does wonders
Atleast borrow and try a few so you know what your setup is capable of

I am a little vary of the power cord making a difference as the Lyngdorf has an inbuilt linear power supply. Will try a digital cable and try and bypass the nad cdp DAC. Hopefully the Lyngdorf DAC should be better.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back