Lyrita Audio new website

Lyrita Audio 's new website is up. Shows the current range of products.

www.lyrita-audio.in
Congratulations Sir!

This is a much better interface than previous one, but still lacking on many counts. With due respect I have a few suggestions.

1. Every Item deserves its own page. With better pictures in 360 degree view. The possible customization options for each item if available, can be mentioned clearly.

2. A page for customer reviews, and testimonials for respective item: so that we fans on HFV and elsewhere can document our experiences.

3. Possibly if you could upload device playing videos on the website or links to youtube will be really helpful. (For many people, who take them seriously)

4. Its better than previous version but still not very mobile friendly, also SM linking will be a better option

5. The Website should be informative, Most importantly an approximate indicative price should be mentioned, with a note to contact for negotiations

There are much better technical minds on the forum as far as website design is concerned, I think they could chip in with better suggestions.
Apologies if I am sounding a bit rude, I just feel that website isn't doing enough justice to the vision you envisage.

Last edited:
I really like the idea Viren that you’re now concentrating on limited number of products. Wish you the very best.

Very nice, Mr. Bakhshi. :)

The Speaker in the banner looks really good. But could not find it in your product listing. Is it a one off?

I think it is the front loaded bass horn version of Horn Grande, if I recall correctly from the old website. The pic in the Horn Grande section of the new website must be the bass reflex version of the Grande.

Congratulations Sir. Good to see the newer pictures being put up. Also exciting to check out the newer phono stage in the metal chassis. I have gone for this and it is certainly helpful with RFI/EMI issues. Works on the Faraday Cage principle.

I also notice that you have put a thumbnail of a super jazz album, Mudfoot by The Leaders. I was simply blown away with this album when you played the vinyl the other day. A must listen for every jazz lover.

Thank you for your comments. Wanted the website to be simple and straightforward, just to inform about the products.

For listening, no other way than to drop in for an audition.

For interactions, we have this forum, isn't it.

Viren

Sir

do you plan to make tube amps EL 34 say about 50W each channel output ?

Thanks !

Hello oldmonk,

I have elected to stay with single-ended designs only, using dht tubes. When you talk of high power (50 watts is high power for a tube amp), the designs become push-pull.

Single-ended designs, using dht tubes, sound more lifelike, with better tone and dynamics. Don't want to lose that.

Viren

Hello oldmonk,

I have elected to stay with single-ended designs only, using dht tubes. When you talk of high power (50 watts is high power for a tube amp), the designs become push-pull.

Single-ended designs, using dht tubes, sound more lifelike, with better tone and dynamics. Don't want to lose that.

Viren

Hi Viren

Why not offer two variants of your amps? Say a signature variant that uses better transformers and other parts? Your design and chassis remains the same. Maybe import sowter or lundahl transformers etc?

Hello oldmonk,

Viren
Eagerly expecting your tube preamp with Phono section (MM, MC). Sir, is it possible? Thanks.

@viren bakhshi
Sir,
Clean website (though the older avatar had more details, may be more than what was required ;))
Photos of each member of the product family would be nice.
Another thing you may consider is having a section for alternate/equivalent tubes (for tube rolling fans)

Cheers,
Raghu

audiopro,

Have done that already for a number of customers. Since everything is made to order, customization is possible.

Have used transformers from Intact (Dave Slagle), Hashimoto, Lundahl, Sowter, Tango, Tamura, Partridge, ElectraPrint, CineMag.
The stock Delta transformers hold their own against any of these.

Viren

appreciate this sir..

but then people will have to change their existing speakers to a high efficiency speaker and will that not be a speed breaker ?

not all speaker designs are good for SET..

I understand its the manufacturers choice but i guess in india we can have Indian made 50W tube amps on offer as well..

Maybe common parts / frugal engineering - but with your knowledge and experience you might be able to make an Indian EL34 amp as a possibility instead of importing the same.

Importing a good 50W push pull EL 34 will set anyone back by 2 - 2.5 lac maybe and there could be a good head room for you to consider..

Just a thought ..

<snip>
I understand its the manufacturers choice but i guess in india we can have Indian made 50W tube amps on offer as well..
<snip>

Doesn't the GM family address commercial speakers in the 87-92 dB range.
Couple of these amps have up to 35W of power. I guess that plenty for regular box speakers, correct?

Cheers,
Raghu

appreciate this sir..

but then people will have to change their existing speakers to a high efficiency speaker and will that not be a speed breaker ?

Maybe common parts / frugal engineering - but with your knowledge and experience you might be able to make an Indian EL34 amp as a possibility instead of importing the same.

Importing a good 50W push pull EL 34 will set anyone back by 2 - 2.5 lac maybe and there could be a good head room for you to consider..

Just a thought ..
Virens GM70 at 35W is already an excellent poweramp for that price and if you really look at it, there is not much difference between a 35W and 50w ie less than 3dB of difference.

35W is a lot of power for most speakers except for really large rooms and lower sensitivity speakers, for which an SS might be a better match. I have heard virens 3W with the Rethms at FM Prems place and they had absolutely no issues driving and at much less than full power.

appreciate this sir..

I think the answer lies in Mr Bakshi’s ideology towards sound reproduction, High sensitivity speakers and single-ended amplification are essential to it.

I think the answer lies in Mr Bakshi’s ideology towards sound reproduction, High sensitivity speakers and single-ended amplification are essential to it.

ideologies can change with new ideas and / or time...

let the gentleman answer...if he has the time or inclination..

anyways mine was only a suggestion...

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back